Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
oldjazz

How to set up a TCD746320

Hi!
I'm writing to you from my job.
I'm a newbie with that tivo, I'm trying to upgrade from the first serie model to that serie 4 HD.
I've bought a TCD746320 from ebay
When I tried to start it, it said that I need an ethernet connection or a phone line. Since I don't have internet at home I tried from phone line but there isn't a phone connection on the back of the TCD746320 and I can't finish the installation.
All I have is a regular antenna that I get 5 channel here in Quebec city.

Some one can help me start it so I can began recording series for my wife.
Thanks
Oldjazz
oldjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
magnus
Tivo User

You have to buy a phone line adapter if you don't have a network connection. I think they go into the USB port. Take a look at the shop at Tivo.com for one.
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Series 4 does not have a built-in modem, only ethernet and USB ports. You would need either a network with internet connection or use an in-line phone adapter to USB from the Tivo.com store (sold no where else) and it would need an analog phone line, not digital or magicjack, etc.

Also I believe Tivo Series 4 isn't yet available in Canada or Canadian Postal codes.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
Itproman

Thumbs up

I just set up a Tivo Premiere TCD746320 here in Ontario.I bought on Ebay for not much!

I have broadband.

Ok,so I haven't activated yet.

Same here,I'm using an antenna(inside on 2nd floor at present).

Around here ,we have 3 channels: 1 analog(going HD),2 HD,one of which hasn't had psip program info since the April 12th Ice Storm,but CTV looks fab,1080i and program info!

My best pick would be Rochester,NY,but TVfool says that 83.5 miles SSE 178 mag!

Zap2it data for this area sucks(which is why I'm procrastinating on activation.).

They list neither of the 2 local DTV stations,just the analog version of one(which went hd Jan. 9th!),1 analog(when it goes HD,it will be the same problem again),AND,yet,dozens of CBC and TVO transmitters that were shutoff last Jul 31,2012,AND some Ottawa stations,which are about 300 miles from here!

I emailed them,so hoepfully,they'll get their act together,but,I don't breath too hard while I wait!

Last edited by Itproman : 05-13-2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: addition
Itproman is offline   Reply With Quote