TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,356
TC CLUB MEMBER
45 Minute 'Hannibal' Episode?

With this week's The Office finale being 75 minutes, they've got a 45 minute episode of Hannibal scheduled.

Do you suppose the repeat of that episode (if there is one) will be in a one hour time slot and contain some 'unseen' footage?

Just seemed strange to have a 45 minute episode of that program.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
billypritchard
Embiggener
 
billypritchard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
With this week's The Office finale being 75 minutes, they've got a 45 minute episode of Hannibal scheduled.

Do you suppose the repeat of that episode (if there is one) will be in a one hour time slot and contain some 'unseen' footage?

Just seemed strange to have a 45 minute episode of that program.
Last week's said, 'Next week a special Hannibal with Limited Commercial Interruptions...'

Which must mean that to expand the Office they decided to cut the commercials.
__________________
Do Me! Do Me! - MNoelH
I agree with BP - Finnstang
billypritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
Test
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,439
Not knowing anything about it except that I read on here there was an episode that wouldn't air because of certain violent scenes. Maybe those scenes were cut and this is that episode?
__________________
.
Test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 14,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Not knowing anything about it except that I read on here there was an episode that wouldn't air because of certain violent scenes. Maybe those scenes were cut and this is that episode?
Wow. The show is already extremely gory and graphic and violent. I regularly am amazed that they are showing it on network TV. I'm having a hard time understanding what must be in an episode that they actually cut.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
billypritchard
Embiggener
 
billypritchard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Not knowing anything about it except that I read on here there was an episode that wouldn't air because of certain violent scenes. Maybe those scenes were cut and this is that episode?
I don't believe so. That episode was simply scrapped from the schedule, and they put up some of the 'ongoing' story scenes on Hulu/NBC.com.
__________________
Do Me! Do Me! - MNoelH
I agree with BP - Finnstang
billypritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
billypritchard
Embiggener
 
billypritchard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
Wow. The show is already extremely gory and graphic and violent. I regularly am amazed that they are showing it on network TV. I'm having a hard time understanding what must be in an episode that they actually cut.
The scrapped episode apparently had children killing other children.
__________________
Do Me! Do Me! - MNoelH
I agree with BP - Finnstang
billypritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #7
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Not knowing anything about it except that I read on here there was an episode that wouldn't air because of certain violent scenes. Maybe those scenes were cut and this is that episode?
It wasn't pulled due to "certain violent scenes", it was pulled due to the basic plot. So no, this is not it.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #8
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 14,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
The scrapped episode apparently had children killing other children.
Ah. Like that show Revolution
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #9
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,356
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
Last week's said, 'Next week a special Hannibal with Limited Commercial Interruptions...'

Which must mean that to expand the Office they decided to cut the commercials.
That would make more sense - I don't think I've gotten around to viewing last week's yet.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood
 
Lee 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lazlo's Basement
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
Wow. The show is already extremely gory and graphic and violent. I regularly am amazed that they are showing it on network TV. I'm having a hard time understanding what must be in an episode that they actually cut.
It's basic Thomas Harris. I don't get what everyone was expecting. I find it much more interesting and less gross and upsetting than The Following and Fox couldn't wait to renew that.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 38,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
Last week's said, 'Next week a special Hannibal with Limited Commercial Interruptions...'

Which must mean that to expand the Office they decided to cut the commercials.
In other words, we can make a LOT more money selling ads during The Office finale, so we'll increase the number and length of ad breaks during The Office, which will likely get at least a 2.5 (A18-49) rating, and we'll take those breaks away from Hannibal, which will likely get about a 1.1 rating.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #12
grey ghost
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 175
Hannibal is not doing well in the ratings. They probably aren't worrying about pre-empting 15 minutes of it
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #13
grey ghost
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee 2.0 View Post
It's basic Thomas Harris. I don't get what everyone was expecting. I find it much more interesting and less gross and upsetting than The Following and Fox couldn't wait to renew that.
I've found quite the opposite. Hannibal is extremely disturbing to me. I haven't liked a couple of things in the Following, but I had to stop watching Hannibal entirely 5 minutes into the 3rd episode.
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #14
sharkster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NV
Posts: 2,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey ghost View Post
Hannibal is not doing well in the ratings. They probably aren't worrying about pre-empting 15 minutes of it
It is my understanding that they are NOT pre-empting part of the episode. They are consolidating it into a shorter time slot by having less commercial breaks. No episode content will be omitted, from what I understand.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #15
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood
 
Lee 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lazlo's Basement
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey ghost View Post
I've found quite the opposite. Hannibal is extremely disturbing to me. I haven't liked a couple of things in the Following, but I had to stop watching Hannibal entirely 5 minutes into the 3rd episode.
Wow, I had totally the opposite reaction and quit watching The Following after whatever episode they were telling the kid to kill the mouse. Interesting. To be fair I've always been a Thomas Harris fan, the last movie notwithstanding. I think Lecter is one of the most interesting fictional characters ever written and I enjoy how they're producing the show.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #16
grey ghost
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee 2.0 View Post
Wow, I had totally the opposite reaction and quit watching The Following after whatever episode they were telling the kid to kill the mouse. Interesting. To be fair I've always been a Thomas Harris fan, the last movie notwithstanding. I think Lecter is one of the most interesting fictional characters ever written and I enjoy how they're producing the show.
I've read a good many of Harris' books from Red Dragon on and they have never really bothered me. The series bothered me but it seemed to me lots of it was shock for shock's sake like the garden full of green corpses. Oh well, different strokes.
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #17
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 14,685
Hannibal is doing ok in the ratings for an NBC show. I can't imagine they are going to cancel it given all the other stuff they have canceled.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |