TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #61
remington24601

Having a jury member tell us who she is rooting for to win could potentially be a spoiler (one not expected in an episode-specific thread). It's something I'd rather have not read. You might want to hide it.
remington24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #62
VegasVic
Craps Player

You're right and I apologize. I hate spoilers and don't watch previews.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #63
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Sherri can't win because she's basically done nothing.

I don't think Dawn can win because of both what she did to Brenda, and the whole "being a part of everyone's alliance" factor. Everyone on the jury will see her as betraying her alliance with them.

Eddie could win if the jury is bitter enough, so they should hope he doesn't win immunity next time and get rid of him.

Erik is the only one who has any real shot next to Cochran of winning, but he hasn't really done anything outside of win a challenge. And he has not seen nearly enough camera time. Four or five weeks ago, I would have said that Erik could still be the winner, there is still time for them to bump up his camera time. But now here we are at the finale two days from now and I don't think he will. He has gotten more camera time, but I don't think nearly enough to be the winner.

I disagree about Sherri. I think she wins in any situation that does not have Cochran there.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #64
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Brenda certainly learned a life lesson - no good deed goes unpunished. You just have to expect it especially in a game motivated by money. The blame for her departure fully rests on Dawn, Cochran was being smart and pro-active going after Brenda. Not only was she an incredible competitor in challenges, I believe he knew she has played a good game socially as to not have pissed off jury members for the most part.

I will stick to my statement last week that if Eddie gets to the end he has a chance to win. Cochran would be the ideal player to win based on the season played but first he has to get there and 2nd the jury cannot be spiteful.

It will be interesting to see the dynamic that happens this weekend when Sherri and Eddie have a bit of an upper hand with deciding who to vote for this week. Immunity means everything this week.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #65
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
I disagree about Sherri. I think she wins in any situation that does not have Cochran there.
Can you please explain that thought process? Of the current jury members (Michael, Malcolm, Reynold, Andrea, Brenda), who do you think would vote for Sherri? I suppose it's possible that Michael could, since he was loosely in an alliance with her at the beginning. However, it seemed pretty clear after the merge that the fans plus Malcolm and Corrine tried to pull her in and she obviously didn't side with them. I don't see Malcolm or Reynold voting for her. I think Andrea would vote for Eddie or Erik or Cochran before she'd vote for Sherri. I think Brenda would vote Erik or Cochran before Sherri. Basically, I think the only way Sherri could win is if it were a final two against Dawn, and I'm pretty positive it's going to be a final 3.

Edit: Let's break this down a little more. Here are the possibilities for final 3:

Cochran, Dawn, Sherri - I think Cochran wins in a landslide
Dawn, Erik, Sherri - I think Erik wins in a landslide
Dawn, Sherri, Eddie - I think Eddie wins in a landslide
Cochran, Dawn, Erik - I think this would be close between Cochran and Erik
Cochran, Sherri, Erik - I think this would be close between Cochran and Erik
Cochran, Dawn, Eddie - I think this would be close between Cochran and Eddie (Eddie has lots of friends on the jury)
Cochran, Sherri, Eddie - I think this would be close between Cochran and Eddie (Eddie has lots of friends on the jury)
Dawn, Erik, Eddie - I think this would be close between Erik and Eddie
Sherri, Erik, Eddie - I think this would be close between Erik and Eddie
Cochran, Erik, Eddie - This would be the toughest to pick, and I think Eddie likely wins this one

Basically, I don't see any possibility where either of the remaining women win.

Last edited by DevdogAZ : 05-10-2013 at 03:34 PM.
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #66
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

If Dawn wins this might be my last Survivor. She's worthless and a whiner. I like both Cochrane and Brenda so I was torn on her going, but it was the right thing for Cochrane to do.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #67
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Can you please explain that thought process? Of the current jury members (Michael, Malcolm, Reynold, Andrea, Brenda), who do you think would vote for Sherri? I suppose it's possible that Michael could, since he was loosely in an alliance with her at the beginning. However, it seemed pretty clear after the merge that the fans plus Malcolm and Corrine tried to pull her in and she obviously didn't side with them. I don't see Malcolm or Reynold voting for her. I think Andrea would vote for Eddie or Erik or Cochran before she'd vote for Sherri. I think Brenda would vote Erik or Cochran before Sherri. Basically, I think the only way Sherri could win is if it were a final two against Dawn, and I'm pretty positive it's going to be a final 3.

Edit: Let's break this down a little more. Here are the possibilities for final 3:

Cochran, Dawn, Sherri - I think Cochran wins in a landslide
Dawn, Erik, Sherri - I think Erik wins in a landslide
Dawn, Sherri, Eddie - I think Eddie wins in a landslide
Cochran, Dawn, Erik - I think this would be close between Cochran and Erik
Cochran, Sherri, Erik - I think this would be close between Cochran and Erik
Cochran, Dawn, Eddie - I think this would be close between Cochran and Eddie (Eddie has lots of friends on the jury)
Cochran, Sherri, Eddie - I think this would be close between Cochran and Eddie (Eddie has lots of friends on the jury)
Dawn, Erik, Eddie - I think this would be close between Erik and Eddie
Sherri, Erik, Eddie - I think this would be close between Erik and Eddie
Cochran, Erik, Eddie - This would be the toughest to pick, and I think Eddie likely wins this one

Are we sure its even a final 3? Could it be final 2?

Either way, I was thinking that what she says at the end is that she was in control of the fans tribe prior to the shake up and merge. After the shakeup and merge, she was able to get in with the power group and thus not be part of the other group that was getting picked off. She successfully worked to get into the top alliance within that group to make it to the end. She should be Dawn based on this. She should beat Eddie based on this. She will not beat Cochran based on this though. Not sure about Erik though. That one could be close.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #68
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:

Cochran, Dawn, Sherri - I think Cochran wins in a landslide Agreed
Dawn, Erik, Sherri - I think Erik wins in a landslide Disagree. It will be close between Sherri and Erik, but I think Sherri takes it
Dawn, Sherri, Eddie - I think Eddie wins in a landslide Really disagree. I don't think Eddie gets a single vote outside of Reynold.
Cochran, Dawn, Erik - I think this would be close between Cochran and Erik Disagree. Cochran wins in a landslide no matter who he is there with.
Cochran, Sherri, Erik - I think this would be close between Cochran and Erik Disagree, same reason as above.
Cochran, Dawn, Eddie - I think this would be close between Cochran and Eddie (Eddie has lots of friends on the jury) Disagree, same reason as above
Cochran, Sherri, Eddie - I think this would be close between Cochran and Eddie (Eddie has lots of friends on the jury) Disagree, same reason as above
Dawn, Erik, Eddie - I think this would be close between Erik and Eddie I think Erik wins sorta easily here.
Sherri, Erik, Eddie - I think this would be close between Erik and Eddie This would be an intriguing one. Eddie likely pulls Reynold's vote and that's it. The rest split the votes and it is close.
Cochran, Erik, Eddie - This would be the toughest to pick, and I think Eddie likely wins this one Disagree, same reason as before.

Assuming it is final 3, above in red are my comments on your scenarios. I think Cochran not only played a better game than any of them, I think he would verbalize it better as well at the end. Reynold will vote with his heart, but just about everyone else on the jury imo will vote with their head.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #69
pmyers

I would think Sherri's only chance would be to be with Cochran and Dawn and then MAYBE she gets the fans votes.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #70
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Are we sure its even a final 3? Could it be final 2?
They've never gone into a final episode with five remaining players and then gone down to a final two. They've gone into a final episode with four and only gone down to final three a couple times, but never from 5 to 2. So unless the thing mentioned previously in spoiler tags changes their plans, I expect this to be a final three.
Quote:
Either way, I was thinking that what she says at the end is that she was in control of the fans tribe prior to the shake up and merge. After the shakeup and merge, she was able to get in with the power group and thus not be part of the other group that was getting picked off. She successfully worked to get into the top alliance within that group to make it to the end. She should be Dawn based on this. She should beat Eddie based on this. She will not beat Cochran based on this though. Not sure about Erik though. That one could be close.
I seriously doubt the jury members make their decisions based on what the finalists say during the final TC. Maybe one or two might be swayed, but overall, I think they all come in knowing exactly who they're going to vote for.

Let's think about who is (or will be) on the jury and whether they're going to be favorable to Sherri:

Michael: Possibly. He was in an alliance with her at the start, but she screwed his chances for getting farther in the game by not sticking with the fans after the Merge.
Malcolm: He was briefly on Sherri's tribe after the Switch, but they never really worked together and she screwed up his chances by not siding with the other fans.
Reynold: Not a chance he votes for Sherri.
Andrea: They never showed us any significant interaction between Andrea and Sherri. I think the only way Sherri gets Andrea's vote is if Sherri is the least objectionable finalist, and I don't know that there would be two others more objectionable to Andrea.
Brenda: Same analysis as Andrea
Dawn: Same analysis as Andrea*
Erik: Who knows what Erik will do. He's shown no ability to think for himself.*
Cochran: There's a slight possibility Cochran could vote for Sherri depending on who the other finalists are. But I think Cochran would vote Dawn over Sherri, and would probably vote Erik over Sherri as well.*
Eddie: I don't think there's any chance Eddie votes for Sherri.

*Obviously the way the final two players are eliminated/blindsided will play a role in how they vote, and we don't yet know how that happens.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #71
Marc

TC CLUB MEMBER
As much as I want to see Cochran in the final 3 (or final 2), I don't think he's going to be there. He's unlikely to win the necessary immunity challenge(s), and I bet he's perceived as too much of a threat by the others and would be voted off very soon.

If he can survive to the end, he should definitely win.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #72
spartanstew
Thanks 4 the Update

Quote:
I'm so confused about Cochran's strategy. Maybe he had Dawn in the bag and there was never really any question how she was going to vote. But if there was ever a doubt, or even just for insurance purposes, why didn't someone tell Eddie to vote for Brenda? You'd think Eddie would be glad to have anyone tell him what's going on at this point.
Exactly what I told my wife while we watched.

I'll be happy if any of the boys win. Ladies, not so much.

I never like the "family reunion" episodes of Survivor - don't people every go 3-4 weeks without seeing family members? What's with all the crying every time? - anway, this one I actually enjoyed. I thought they made the perfect move getting rid of Brenda.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #73
Hcour

The only way Sherri wins is if everyone else dies and she's the only player left.

Otherwise I'll be surprised if she gets even a single vote.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #74
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
The only way Sherri wins is if everyone else dies and she's the only player left.
That made me lol.

I called it from the beginning and I am sticking with it - John Cochran takes it.
Donbadabon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:41 AM   #75
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

I know everyone has thoughts on what Dawn did to Brenda but lets not forget something else she has done.... she screwed over Corrine too. Corrine has said in many post interviews that she felt that Dawn was the closest ally to her. They would talk strategy together and had a good friend ship. She too has a large knife in her back from Dawn the Bawler.
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #76
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanstew View Post
I never like the "family reunion" episodes of Survivor - don't people every go 3-4 weeks without seeing family members? What's with all the crying every time?
I feel the same way. Although, I'm just an outsider looking in. It's easy to say I wouldn't miss my family, but I haven't been subjected to the conditions of Survivor either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:04 AM   #77
brianric

Quote:
I never like the "family reunion" episodes of Survivor - don't people every go 3-4 weeks without seeing family members? What's with all the crying every time? -
Big difference. Being in an isolated area, cut off from all news, no contact at all with family, including phone contact. It hit me hard in boot camp until I got that first letter from home, that's why back then mail call was called morale call. Once I got out of boot camp, the months away from home were tolerable because I had good old Ma Bell. When the ship went out to sea you stressed the importance to your loved ones to get in the habit of sending letters. We had a rule in my division that any care packages received from home were to be shared, to cover those who got nothing from home. Today, except for the submarine force, you have email, social media, etc for the sailors, even while deployed. Until you are put in an isolated situation, you will never know what it is like to be separated from your loved ones.

The best father's day I ever gave to my dad was in 1979. USS Dwight D. Eisenhower CVN-69 anchored of the coast of Naples, Italy. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I had $35 in my wallet that day when I went ashore. I had enough for a hooker and ten beers afterwards, but decided to stop in at the local USO. Phone call to the states was $4.25 a minute. I decided I was going to try and make one call back to the states. It was 2 PM Naples time, so that made it 8 AM back in Lawrence Massachusetts. I got a hold of my dad on the first attempt.

Me: Hi dad, happy father’s day.

Dad: Where are you calling from?

Me: Naples

Dad: Florida?

Me: No, Italy.

My step mother in a later letter said I wish I had a camera to catch the expression on your father’s face when he realized that call came from Italy. You couldn’t have given him a better gift.

I talked with my dad for maybe 8 minutes before I had to go. I had enough money left over for one beer. When I got back on the ship one of my shipmates was wondering why I was smiling so much, he asked me if I shacked up with a hooker. I said no, it was something better, I wished my dad a happy father’s day.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:12 AM   #78
rahnbo

Family reunions on Survivor are just product placement advertisements for Sprint anyway.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #79
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
As much as I want to see Cochran in the final 3 (or final 2), I don't think he's going to be there. He's unlikely to win the necessary immunity challenge(s), and I bet he's perceived as too much of a threat by the others and would be voted off very soon.

Yeah I don't think he has a chance. I think Erik will take the remaining immunity challenges and Dawn and Sherri are playing the game enough to realize they need to vote out Cochran so they'll sway the two guys to vote with them.

The big question is, who will sound more stupid talking to the jury, Eddie or Erik? I think Eddie has more buddies on the jury so he wins if he can get past the next two votes. BIG IF.

Players seem to have lost more weight this year than in seasons past. I've complained about an apparent abundance of food in the past more recent seasons but everyone has lost a lot this year.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #80
WO312

Thinking about it, I guess that Dawn is the new cockroach. Cochran, you have passed the mantle over.
WO312 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #81
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:

This.

I hope he can win in the final, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't. I hope he can beat out Eddy and Erik and Sherri in immunity challenges. It seems if there were donuts involved Erik would have gone sooner.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #82
spartanstew
Thanks 4 the Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Big difference.
Perhaps.

When I first went away to college, I think I talked to my folks on the phone once or twice in the first couple of months.

I used to travel extensively (well before cell phones) and would often be away from home for a month or more at a time (spent 5 straight months in Canada once) with only the occasional phone call home (to a girlfriend or family).

Granted, playing survivor is different and the times are different, but I still think some get a big carried away. Heck, I moved to Montana by myself in the mid-90's without knowing a sole. Worked 7 days per week for over a year with very limited contact with friends and family back home (and never physically saw any of them), and no opportunity to meet and socialize with anyone new. I guess I'm just a bit of a loner.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #83
Marc

TC CLUB MEMBER
I just went to the Player of the Season page to give my 10 votes to Cochran for the $100,000 prize. I want him to win at least that.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #84
brianric

Quote:
I used to travel extensively (well before cell phones) and would often be away from home for a month or more at a time (spent 5 straight months in Canada once) with only the occasional phone call home (to a girlfriend or family).
Reminds me of the time I was transferred from Great Lakes Naval Base to Mare Island Naval Base in 1975. Every two days I'd call my dad on a pay station to let him know I was OK. I hit the jackpot at Hover Dam. Made my call to dad, as soon as I hung up my money for the call was returned to me. I called my brother, talked for awhile, hung up. You guessed it, money was returned. Went to my car to get my phone book, must have made 30 "free" calls that day.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #85
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa77 View Post
I know everyone has thoughts on what Dawn did to Brenda but lets not forget something else she has done.... she screwed over Corrine too. Corrine has said in many post interviews that she felt that Dawn was the closest ally to her. They would talk strategy together and had a good friend ship. She too has a large knife in her back from Dawn the Bawler.
Don't forget Dawn did it to Malcolm, too. Malcolm knew Corrine was tight with Dawn, so after Corrine got voted out, Malcolm confided in her and it cost him as well. Malcolm didn't realize it was Dawn that betrayed Corrine.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #86
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
I just went to the Player of the Season page to give my 10 votes to Cochran for the $100,000 prize. I want him to win at least that.
So far I can't see a way to vote without also signing up with additional info to CBS, ticks me off, if you're going to let me sign on via twitter, then use that info, don't insist I give you more (grrrrr!)
Old 05-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #87
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
You have to either sign up for cbs.com or have a facebook/twitter account.
BULL$*!T!!

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #88
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
You have to either sign up for cbs.com or have a facebook/twitter account.
BULL$*!T!!
It's worse, you can't use a FB or twitter account on their own, you STILL have to sign up with more data to CBS even if you chose to log in with twitter, I declined to give them more, thus I can't vote.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #89
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
It's worse, you can't use a FB or twitter account on their own, you STILL have to sign up with more data to CBS even if you chose to log in with twitter, I declined to give them more, thus I can't vote.
I gave them fake info so I could vote (for Cochran).
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #90
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Big difference. Being in an isolated area, cut off from all news, no contact at all with family, including phone contact. It hit me hard in boot camp until I got that first letter from home, that's why back then mail call was called morale call. Once I got out of boot camp, the months away from home were tolerable because I had good old Ma Bell. When the ship went out to sea you stressed the importance to your loved ones to get in the habit of sending letters. We had a rule in my division that any care packages received from home were to be shared, to cover those who got nothing from home. Today, except for the submarine force, you have email, social media, etc for the sailors, even while deployed. Until you are put in an isolated situation, you will never know what it is like to be separated from your loved ones.

The best father's day I ever gave to my dad was in 1979. USS Dwight D. Eisenhower CVN-69 anchored of the coast of Naples, Italy. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I had $35 in my wallet that day when I went ashore. I had enough for a hooker and ten beers afterwards, but decided to stop in at the local USO. Phone call to the states was $4.25 a minute. I decided I was going to try and make one call back to the states. It was 2 PM Naples time, so that made it 8 AM back in Lawrence Massachusetts. I got a hold of my dad on the first attempt.

Me: Hi dad, happy father’s day.

Dad: Where are you calling from?

Me: Naples

Dad: Florida?

Me: No, Italy.

My step mother in a later letter said I wish I had a camera to catch the expression on your father’s face when he realized that call came from Italy. You couldn’t have given him a better gift.

I talked with my dad for maybe 8 minutes before I had to go. I had enough money left over for one beer. When I got back on the ship one of my shipmates was wondering why I was smiling so much, he asked me if I shacked up with a hooker. I said no, it was something better, I wished my dad a happy father’s day.
Thanks for sharing, this brought a huge smile to my face!
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote