Old 05-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
markymark_ctown

The Office | "A.A.R.M." | 2013-05-09

Another hour episode, but a solid hour.
markymark_ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
lambertman
How'd I get this old

Possibly the first good episode of the season, but it was very good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and elsewhere
Play-by-play announcer at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lambertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Of course, Creed had the best line-
If my parents see this, I am toast!

Also loved his moves during the dance with Darrell...
Old 05-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
busyba
The Funcooker

AtRM Jim was a hoot.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
SeanC
ECT

In fact, now that we've seen Dwight at RM I'm really disappointed that they never promoted him back when Carrell left because all the RM, AttRM, and AttAttRM was phenomenal.

Now, having said that, maybe they didn't think they could write Dwight and Jim interplay as funny for a few seasons, only they would know that, but the Andy as manager stuff has just been awful. It's hard for me to imagine that Dwight as manager for that period of time would have been worse.

I almost never skip past parts of shows that I watch because I don't want to miss something that reflects on some other aspect of the show that I do enjoy, but I skipped all of Andy last night.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Tracy
Truly

I liked the episode, but felt bad for the sweet milk maid.

The Jim/Dwight stuff felt a little forced...as if Jim were doing it just to show Pam that he was happy.

Also, I thought that the DVD the film crew put together for Jim to show Pam was going to include a clip that showed something like Jim saying, "If I still work here ten years from now, kill me." The show has to end with Jim taking this dream job, right?
Old 05-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Angela living in Oscar's closet.

too damn funny.

jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
The Jim/Dwight stuff felt a little forced...as if Jim were doing it just to show Pam that he was happy.
I think it was more along the lines of that being the only way Jim could possibly be happy at that job.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
SeanC
ECT

The whole Jim/Pam Athlead/Dunder Mifflin thing just just annoying.

I may be wrong, but isn't Jim part owner of Athlead? Isn't is possible that Athlead could be a tremendous financial opportunity for the Halpert family completely dwarfing his prospects at Dunder Mifflin?

I get that Pam is worried about the family, and moving and all that stuff but it's not like Jim has been sleeping around, or avoiding the family because he's not in love with his wife. He put everything he could into starting a new company that could provide financial independence for his family, but Pam is worried that he doesn't love her anymore?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #10
wouldworker
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
I get that Pam is worried about the family, and moving and all that stuff but it's not like Jim has been sleeping around, or avoiding the family because he's not in love with his wife. He put everything he could into starting a new company that could provide financial independence for his family, but Pam is worried that he doesn't love her anymore?
You must be single.
wouldworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
SeanC
ECT

Yes, I am, so? I don't see how that changes anything you quoted.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
garyh
Mizzou-Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
Yes, I am, so? I don't see how that changes anything you quoted.
The rationality you expressed, and "wife" are incompatible.
garyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #13
garyh
Mizzou-Rah

I am still hoping that the other investors were shocked at Jim's initial investment because it was much larger than anyone else's and it makes Jim and Pam wealthy whether Jim puts in the extra time or not.
garyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #14
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
The show has to end with Jim taking this dream job, right?
I think they're going to go on the road together. Wasn't there a big payday at the end of this trip? A buyout or something?

Pam did a great job summing up the issues a couple episodes back. He's made a LOT of decisions without her. My marriage would be on the rocks, too.
Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #15
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I enjoyed the episode. I enjoyed the dvd the crew made - as we were supposed to. I was puzzled about the envelope that they show Jim taking away (from christmas present?) and then he handed to her at the end.

Dwight as manager is still just quirky enough to be fun. He would be a different manager if Jim were to leave. Maybe Andy will come back and take Jim's place so they can go on the road.

LOVED how Dwight pulled Angela over to propose. That was perfect!

betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #16
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Was that as close as we are going to get to seeing the actual (fictional) documentary?

Classic Jim steering Dwight just where he wanted him.

I also loved Dwight pulling Angela over.

These last couple of episodes have been really enjoyable for me as they are heading toward wrapping up and don't have to have so much inane filler.

Dwight getting his own security phrase wrong was a chuckle, too!
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #17
Jstkiddn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
Angela living in Oscar's closet.

too damn funny.

Angela and Oscar remind me of a married couple in many of those scenes.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #18
sonnik
Innovations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Was that as close as we are going to get to seeing the actual (fictional) documentary?
I think we were essentially told that "The Office" that we had been watching, was the (Fictional) Documentary. That they are one and the same. The dialogue we heard was from the first scene of the first episode.

And since the film crew was filming them watch the first scene, they'll eventually see them watching themselves for the first time.
sonnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
busyba
The Funcooker

So the actual (fictional) documentary is going to run for 9 seasons?

Old 05-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #20
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:

Also, I thought that the DVD the film crew put together for Jim to show Pam was going to include a clip that showed something like Jim saying, "If I still work here ten years from now, kill me." The show has to end with Jim taking this dream job, right?
I'm a little bugged by that, too. We know Jim won't be happy at this job, and all the games he's playing with Dwight can't keep him entertained for very long. At some point either he gets bored with it or Dwight realizes it's all a big farce.

Hopefully we find out in the finale that despite Jim not going on the road trip, his investment in the company paid off and he made some good money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Given that the previews for next week's finale said that
Spoiler:
they take place six months in the future at Dwight and Angela's wedding, I'd say that the answer is yes.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #21
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I enjoyed the episode. I enjoyed the dvd the crew made - as we were supposed to. I was puzzled about the envelope that they show Jim taking away (from christmas present?) and then he handed to her at the end.
That was from an early episode when Pam was still with Roy. Jim spilled his feelings for Pam in that letter but then chickened out and took the envelope back. It wasn't until later that he finally did tell her that he had feelings for her. If this were reality, I would think he would have showed her that envelope long before this moment but it worked in the scene.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #22
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post

Pam did a great job summing up the issues a couple episodes back. He's made a LOT of decisions without her. My marriage would be on the rocks, too.
I don't think that Pam built a great case.

A lot of decisions?
How many is a lot?

I grant that the Athlead decision was something Jim should have discussed with Pam and I buy that causing some strain on their marriage.

Pam mentioned buying the house but as I remember it, everyone including Pam thought it was a wonderfully romantic gesture.

What else was there?

This is why I never bought the "marriage is over" crisis that the writers seemed to be pushing because it felt so forced.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #23
Satchel

I think Pam/Jim should come to the understanding that after the 3 month roadtrip, they'd be selling the company and they'd be in for a huge payday.

End of story.
Satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #24
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
I don't think that Pam built a great case.

A lot of decisions?
How many is a lot?

I grant that the Athlead decision was something Jim should have discussed with Pam and I buy that causing some strain on their marriage.

Pam mentioned buying the house but as I remember it, everyone including Pam thought it was a wonderfully romantic gesture.

What else was there?

This is why I never bought the "marriage is over" crisis that the writers seemed to be pushing because it felt so forced.
he bought his parent's old home, the one he grew up in, for him and Pam. he didn't discuss it with her.

(IIRC)

jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:47 AM   #25
Peter000

One of the best episodes of Office I've seen (but I've only been watching sporadically the last couple of seasons).

Made me laugh, made me cry.

Jim's manipulation of Dwight was masterful. And he did it in such a way not really to mock him, but so that Dwight actually felt good about being his own assistant.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:19 AM   #26
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Pam is a wuss and a whiner, but Jim did make a lot of major decisions without including her.

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #27
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
he bought his parent's old home, the one he grew up in, for him and Pam. he didn't discuss it with her.

(IIRC)
Reread what I wrote.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #28
Test

I liked that they addressed how Dwight could possibly get the position after firing a weapon in the office.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #29
Sacrilegium
that weird guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyh View Post
The rationality you expressed, and "wife" are incompatible.

Sacrilegium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #30
DougF

Finally got to watch this last night and I loved it. Really looking forward to the finale tonight.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote