TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #361
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I wish the $35 would get us a DVD and no shirt. I would rather have the DVD and am not likely to ever wear the shirt, but I don't wanna spend $50.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #362
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Similarly, I would have probably gone up to $75 if it got me the Blu-Ray instead of the poster, but not $100.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #363
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I kinda got caught up in this initially but now I think I'm over it. I really want to see the movie, but I don't need to spend $35 to get a T-Shirt that I'm not a huge fan of the design of in order to watch the movie online. If I could have just got the digital movie without tshirt for $25 I'd probably still be in but I just dropped my pledge to $1 and I figure I'll go see (depending on where it's released) or rent the movie and it'll be much cheaper.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #364
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
$5.2M and over 81,000 backers. I'll be darned... it may reach the backer record after all. A bit more than a day to go.
... and there it is. The "most backers" record has fallen.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #365
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Heh, 90,909 backers is in reach.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #366
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I kinda got caught up in this initially but now I think I'm over it. I really want to see the movie, but I don't need to spend $35 to get a T-Shirt that I'm not a huge fan of the design of in order to watch the movie online. If I could have just got the digital movie without tshirt for $25 I'd probably still be in but I just dropped my pledge to $1 and I figure I'll go see (depending on where it's released) or rent the movie and it'll be much cheaper.
Oh, man, I'm just the opposite. I get more excited every day. I told my husband--whom I made pledge separately so that he could get his own t-shirt, and so we'd count as two backers--that the trick for me is going to be how to set this aside for a year while they make the movie.

I look at it like the prizes are just fun extras. I'd have given them money to get the movie made even if there were no swag associated. That I'm getting a signed movie poster is just gravy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #367
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
I started rewatching the series from the beginning after the Kickstarter campaign began, and tonight I'll finish the last 2 or 3 episodes. The series holds up extremely well, even such that some of the casual throwaway remarks made "of the times" actually have even stronger meaning than before. I really, really miss this show.

We need a Veronica Mars World, like Westworld, but without the robotic failures.

dswallow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #368
gilmoregirls102
Oregonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post

Oh, man, I'm just the opposite. I get more excited every day. I told my husband--whom I made pledge separately so that he could get his own t-shirt, and so we'd count as two backers--that the trick for me is going to be how to set this aside for a year while they make the movie.

I look at it like the prizes are just fun extras. I'd have given them money to get the movie made even if there were no swag associated. That I'm getting a signed movie poster is just gravy.
+1

I would have done more (I would die to go to the premiere in LA!) if I had more...
gilmoregirls102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #369
cmontyburns
Excellent.

...and it's over. Pretty impressive result: 91,583 backers (Kickstarter record) totaling $5.7 million.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #370
gilmoregirls102
Oregonian

Quote:
...and it's over. Pretty impressive result: 91,583 backers (Kickstarter record) totaling $5.7 million.
Waaaaa Hoooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #371
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
I watched the last 10 minutes. I was really hoping they'd get over the 5.69M hump.

Plus, I wanted to be doing what Rob and Kristen were doing. I'm all about copying the cool kids.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #372
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
I watched the last 10 minutes. I was really hoping they'd get over the 5.69M hump.
Heh, I was, too, with exactly the same hope. $5.7 was a nice number to end on.

It was kind of crazy how fast it went up there at the end. Overall, even though they added the $1 level to entice enough people to back the project that they could break the backer record, most of the support at the end was still at the larger levels. I saw plenty of $100 and $200 pledges go by in the final seconds. (And it came close to being able to break the backer record even without the $1 pledge level.)

Even if I weren't interested in the movie, this would have been a cool campaing to follow. They really managed it very well.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #373
danterner
Not it!

Agreed. And I'm looking forward to the continuing updates while production is underway. It'll be fun to be "behind the scenes."

And very cool that Jason Doehring attended the party at the bar last night!
| Twitter:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #374
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post

And very cool that Jason Doehring attended the party at the bar last night!
I had considered heading over to Austin for it, but didn't get my act together in time. Where did you see that Doehring attended?
Old 04-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #375
danterner
Not it!

Quote:

I had considered heading over to Austin for it, but didn't get my act together in time. Where did you see that Doehring attended?
On the kickstarter page comments. Several pictures were posted and people there were commenting as it was happening.
| Twitter:
Old 04-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #376
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I was ready to head there myself, but the last-minute airfare costs dissuaded me. By the time I paid for everything, I could've just bought a pair of NYC or LA premier/after party tickets, which really I chose not to do as it just wasn't really that "valuable" to me. Though honestly, if they'd sold single tickets instead of a pair, I'd probably have done it.

Would've been fun to go back to Austin for a weekend, though. Especially at spring break-ish time.

Jason is standing next to the screen:

The Veronica Mars Kickstarter goes from 90908 to 90910! We missed seeing 90
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Old 04-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #377
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
All you MARShmallows out there... want some Maple Bacon Marshmallows? Limited time to order, there's gonna just be one batch that'll ship on 4/19.

http://www.plushpuffs.com/products/s...ch-maple-bacon

Old 04-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #378
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
All you MARShmallows out there... want some Maple Bacon Marshmallows? Limited time to order, there's gonna just be one batch that'll ship on 4/19.

http://www.plushpuffs.com/products/s...ch-maple-bacon
I had a bourbon marshmallow from a gourmet marshmallow place last week.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #379
StacieH
betativowho??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I dropped mine back to $35. The more I thought about it, I just didn't feel I could spare the extra cash. I still get the shirt, which is what I really wanted. I then purchased Season 1 from Amazon to watch on my iPad.
StacieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #380
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Tonight, I just completed the series for the first time. I started watching it when the KS project was announced and finished up the last 10 episodes today.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #381
StacieH
betativowho??

I’ve started re-watching Season 1, and I’m realizing how much I had forgotten about the show. I’m also seeing a few actors who were lesser-known at the time. Last night I watched episode 7, “The Girl Next Door.” Jessica Chastain (“The Help” and “Zero Dark Thirty”) was the girl next door…
Old 04-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #382
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Pre-order has gone up for the movie. $20 for DVD, $25 for DVD/BD/Ultraviolet combo.

http://www.wbshop.com/jump.do?itemID...amars&ref=VMRE
Old 05-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #383
StacieH
betativowho??

So, one month later and I finished season 3 today. I'm looking forward to seeing how (or if) they tie up the loose ends from the show. Season 3 was most definitely not the strongest until the last few episodes, IMHO.

That said, they always seemed to pack a lot of story into those one hour blocks.

I also think I didn't even finish watching Season 3 when it originally aired. The last several episodes were just completely unfamiliar to me. Even though I'd forgotten parts of the other two seasons, I still remembered the basic story line. Season 3, not so much.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #384
cmontyburns
Excellent.

I assume everyone has been following along with the casting updates.

So far, we have:

Veronica (duh)
Keith
Wallace
Logan
Cliff
Madison
Piz
Mac (yay!)
Dick (I assume -- was this ever announced?)

Did I miss anyone who has been signed? Any important characters missing?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #385
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:

So far, we have:

Veronica (duh)
Keith
Wallace
Logan
Cliff
Madison
Piz
Mac (yay!)

Duncan Kane (Teddy Dunn), although frankly I don't expect him back.

Dick Casablancas (Ryan Hansen) has not officially been announced yet, but given that he was in the kickstarter launch video, I would be highly surprised if he weren't.

Edit: Vinnie Van Lowe (Ken Marino) isn't such an important character, but I think it'd be disappointing if he weren't in the movie somewhere.

Last edited by LoadStar : 06-12-2013 at 10:32 PM.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #386
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Yeah, I don't expect Duncan/Dunn back, either.

I had put Dick in the list for the reason you say, that Ryan Hansen was in the Kickstarter video. I've mentally associated him with the movie from the start, but had to stop and ask myself if he was ever actually announced. That's an odd one.

Great call on Vinnie. A Ken Marino cameo would be a lot of fun.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:27 PM   #387
gilmoregirls102
Oregonian

Luke is back (the kid who went to Tijuana with Troy and Logan and brought back the steroids for Ziggy in season 1).
Old 06-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #388
gilmoregirls102
Oregonian

I would like Corny back. And Deputy Leo (no official announcement).

I'm sad Lamb can't come back. And sad Meg can't come back. And Lili.

Maybe Clarance Weidman will be back, though
Old 06-13-2013, 04:11 AM   #389
danterner
Not it!

Quote:

So far, we have:

Veronica (duh)
Keith
Wallace
Logan
Cliff
Madison
Piz
Mac (yay!)

Weevil is onboard.

If you didn't watch Daran Norris' (Cliff's) YouTube "thank you" video, you should - it's quite funny:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=QpxCo...%3DQpxCoUB1jCo
| Twitter:
Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #390
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Weevil is onboard.
Oops -- left him off accidentally. Of course you're right.