TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
newswatcher

Upgrade TiVo Hughes DVR40 to 1T (power adapter issue)

I fell for the 1T upgrade from Weaknees. I am a novice at computer hardware and I have a question. They surprised me by sending a SATA to IDE Adapter which threw a slight curve in my direction as I prepare to upgrade. One of the capacitors (see below) was bent against the the other one and is slightly loose. Should I take a chance and attach the adapter or get a replacement from WK? WK emailed me said it was no problem...

They also sent a new IDE cable at first saying I could still use my orig IDE cable or the one they sent; but they say "If your kit also came with a new IDE/drive cable, then be sure to replace the TiVo's cable with the included in your kit. So guess I should use it, right? I'm confused, thought this would easier but now they are confusing me with the adapter and the new IDE cable. Any help/ideas? I've contacted them but they have limited hours and it's hard to get a response let alone a person's name.

Hughes SD-DVR40 v6.4a (1TB Upgrade) living room)
Hughes SD-DVR40 v6.4a (bedroom)

Last edited by newswatcher : 05-06-2013 at 11:02 PM.
newswatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
magnus
Tivo User

I put this type if thing into a Phillips DSR7000 and it works perfectly. I didn't use any special cable. I just used the one that came with the Tivo. And the adapter was one that I purchased on eBay a while back. I have 500gb in the box and none of this was purchased from Weakness.
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote