TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #31
okeefe58

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
I hate those. There are enough good real reality shows on TV. The Navajo Cops one for example. There is fire fighter show on OWN. I was taken in by the Black Gold one though it seemed to be a real oil rig etc.
Pretty obvious "World's Worst Tenants" is fake, but Black Gold? If it is ok, But the fight between Tank and Cheston DEFINITELY wasn't. I've been in enough fights and seen enough to know that wasn't fake - You can see the actual fist contact and tank snoring? That really happens when somebodies knocked out on their back cause their tongue's hitting the back of their throat (some people die from not being able to breath just like this if they're not turned on their side or wake up first) In the next episodes it's obvious Tank is effed up with knots on his head/face lmao. The fights on you tube if anyone wants to watch it in detail - "Black Gold (Tank Vs Cheston full fight wow.knocks him out"
okeefe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #32
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

My buddy does property management, checking and securing foreclosed properties.

He has better stories.

"I threw dem out. Dey don't respect the property." OK, so how is it that you think that YOU can live here?

There are clothes hanging under the hole in the roof so the rain will wash them.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #33
notritetv

world worst tenants

I agree that this show is a fake, watched it last night it was about a landlord whos son was the on site manager and there was an elderl lady who did not pay her rent, then the show on right after that was urban tarzan and guess what that same elderly lady was on that show as well only she lived in a house and not an apartment complex. The tv people should watch what they put on back to back if they want people to think the shows are real.
notritetv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #34
BigNate

World worst tenants is 100% Confirmed fake! Blood relatives on the ID channel had the same actor from the episode Too Hot Hot Tub. The older dude with dark hair that torches the hot tub after a party and wants his deposit back, same guy as William Kind on Blood relatives on ID channel. The episode was called flesh and blood.

You guys are looking at guns? How about the fight scenes that are the same thing every time? They go after Todd with some sissy fight style and Todd puts them in a arm bar in 2.5 seconds and they put up zero fight and never land a hit on Todd
BigNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #35
10wrp16

Come on folks... as a reality tv editor, anyone that thinks 99% of reality tv is real isn't very intelligent. Even fully "real" shows are well scripted and coached.
10wrp16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #36
Azlen

Weird that for three posts in a row there were three brand new accounts posting to this thread and for each it's their only post.

Anyway, not a secret that the show is fake. At the end of the show there is a disclaimer that says "The previous stories were inspired by real cases, investigations or events. Certain names, locations and elements have been fictionalized."
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #37
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Fake as it is, I am entertained so I continue to watch! It's a fun distraction.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:08 AM   #38
Davisadm
TiVo is Back!!!!!!!!

Thumbs down

Season 2 is even worse. They don't care anymore to keep it looking even semi-real. And yes, the should state "based on actual events", but maybe they can't, since it is not based on anything real.
Davisadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #39
TVgod

The worst show ever. Worse than Operation Repo. Not based on actual events. That isn't how evictions go down in any state if someone did what this guy, Todd, does in the show he'd go to jail. you can't evict someone without a court order and then the law, most likely a sheriff's deputy, comes and does it. Basically it's a show for idiots
TVgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #40
Shaunnick

What is up with all the single digit posters in this thread?

Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #41
sieglinde

Hmm, interesting question. I am on the look out for fake reality shows that sound interesting so I don't get sucked into them. My theory is the show may have started out for real and before the first episode was aired they realized how boring the subject was.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #42
innocentfreak

I doubt it. Spike seems to be pushing fake reality now see Urban Tarzan and Car Lot Rescue.

Bar Rescue bridges the gap since they do actually try and help the bars, but a lot of the footage is crafted from what I have read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #43
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

World's Worst Tenants is at least funny even though over the top fake.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #44
ntarvin

It's no more or less fake than any of the other "reality shows", but, to me, anyway, I find it highly entertaining!

(At least more so than "Honey Boo Boo" or the people with obsessions to lick cats or eat laundry detergent...)
ntarvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #45
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntarvin View Post
It's no more or less fake than any of the other "reality shows", but, to me, anyway, I find it highly entertaining!

(At least more so than "Honey Boo Boo" or the people with obsessions to lick cats or eat laundry detergent...)
I would put into the more fake section. The "tenants" in the show are all paid actors. There is a disclaimer that says the show is dramatized based on actual events. Given that, I don't think it's anymore of a reality show than Dragnet was.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #46
sieglinde

I prefer competiton shows. I have even found Splash to be more entertaining than some of the fake stuff.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #47
Dobey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
What is up with all the single digit posters in this thread?

When doing a google search for worlds worst tenants is fake, this thread is at the top of the list. Just a guess as to why so many single digit posters.
Dobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #48
lacobudera

Thumbs down Worlds Worst Tenants? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I agree with you all. If someone believes these shows are real, THEY'RE RETARDED! First of all if they're going to hire actors, MAKE SURE THEY CAN ACTUALLY ACT! What is with so called "reality" television lately? HUH? They insist on airing these dumb and obnoxious shows that seem to be geared towards a "trailer trash" audience. I use to love watching reality shows like cops or TruTv's Top 20 shows but, now I can't stand the shows they air. Such as: Hardcore Pawn, Operation Repo, Southern Fried Stings, South Beach Tow, Worlds Worst Tenants (I watched about 10 minutes of the first episode & couldn't take it anymore), etc. I can go on & on about it but, my point is: If you're going to make a "reality" show then MAKE SURE IT'S REAL FOR GODS SAKE! 2 thumbs down because I only have 2 thumbs
lacobudera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #49
pmyers

I love this thread. I should be getting a commission for getting new members to sign up
pmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #50
sieglinde

I am certain that reality show Small Town Security is fake but I love it.