TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #5131
moyekj

Series 3 units don't support/honor the TS downloads option so you get PS downloads regardless so it doesn't matter. Also series 3 units have even crappier processor speeds than the series 4 units, so PS downloads are slower than PS downloads on series 4 units. Just be aware if you use TS downloads for your P4 that you will need VRD to decrypt it since tivodecode doesn't reliably decrypt TS TiVo files.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 AM   #5132
Revolutionary
Too sleepy for TV...

Woke up this morning and found that none of my recordings from last night transferred. I went to the GUI and found that it won't open (windows asks me what program to use to opena .jar). No changes to Java yesterday. Any idea what went wrong? Does it sound like I need to reinstall kmttg or Java? I don't want to lose my kmttg settings - can I access/back them up with out the GUI?
Old 04-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #5133
dslunceford

Quick question. I'm updating Handbrake...is there anything I need to do within my KMTTG folder? Delete the "Tivodecode" folder and restart?

dslunceford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #5134
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionary View Post
Woke up this morning and found that none of my recordings from last night transferred. I went to the GUI and found that it won't open (windows asks me what program to use to opena .jar). No changes to Java yesterday. Any idea what went wrong? Does it sound like I need to reinstall kmttg or Java? I don't want to lose my kmttg settings - can I access/back them up with out the GUI?
Sounds like you don't need to touch kmttg but you may want to try re-installing Java.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #5135
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Sounds like you don't need to touch kmttg but you may want to try re-installing Java.
I would also make sure you uninstall any old Java versions first. Sometimes Java doesn't remove the old installs and they can cause issues. I think I found 4 versions on my parents' PC.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #5136
howards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionary View Post
First thing I would try is just rebooting the computer. On a regular basis, Windows gets itself into strange situations that are cured by a reboot.

If that doesn't work, then a re-install of Java is the next step. Since Windows is asking you how to open a jar file, kmttg isn't even running yet and can't be part of the problem.
howards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #5137
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

I have a latest gen AppleTV and am desperately looking for an encoding profile that works with my S2 TiVo's and the AppleTV. So far I either end up with a good video with no audio or a video that plays and sounds good but is compressed in the horizontal dimension. Any solutions?
180hr S2

Stormspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #5138
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspace View Post
I have a latest gen AppleTV and am desperately looking for an encoding profile that works with my S2 TiVo's and the AppleTV. So far I either end up with a good video with no audio or a video that plays and sounds good but is compressed in the horizontal dimension. Any solutions?
S2 Tivos only accept MPEG2 video. Apple TVs only accept H.264/MPEG4/Motion JPEG in various containers. There is no overlap. I would suggest encoding everything to H.264/AAC in a MP4 container and then pulling those video with pytivo to your S2 Tivo which will convert to MPEG2 for you.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #5139
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
S2 Tivos only accept MPEG2 video. Apple TVs only accept H.264/MPEG4/Motion JPEG in various containers. There is no overlap. I would suggest encoding everything to H.264/AAC in a MP4 container and then pulling those video with pytivo to your S2 Tivo which will convert to MPEG2 for you.
OK. I see I need to explain further.

I want to pull video off of my Tivo and use it on the AppleTV. I'm looking for an encoding profile that doesn't fubar the Apple TV display or audio.
180hr S2

Stormspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #5140
jcthorne

You will want h.264 level 4.1 or below video, AAC 2.0 audio. (Don't know if apple tv was ever updated to support ac3 in an mp4 container, Ipad does not).

The video will need to be non-anamorphic in the h.264 stream. That is where the problem between mpeg2 and h.264 usually lies is in stretching the video out to a 1:1 PAR.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #5141
moyekj

v0p9q version released

v0p9q version released with some minor enhancements and a few fixes. See release_notes for details.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #5142
reneg

Quote:
v0p9q version released with some minor enhancements and a few fixes. See release_notes for details.
Thanks for adding [season] & [episode] keywords.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #5143
howards

Quote:
Thanks as always for the new version and your continued support of a program that far exceeds anything Tivo provides.
howards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #5144
moyekj

For next release I'm adding a "SPS backdoor" button to remote along with a pulldown to select SPS code to run (replacing the 2 SPS buttons currently there). I'd like to add all known SPS codes that still work on series 3 & 4 TiVos so I can include them. Listed below are the ones I'm aware of. If anyone has any others please let me know:
SPS-Pause-S Toggle 'clear trickplay banner quickly' setting
SPS-9-S Toggle on screen clock
SPS-3-0-S Toggle 30 sec skip binding of advance button (survives reboot)
SPS-Replay-S Toggle display of some video information on the screen
SPS-7-S (Series 3 TiVos only) Toggle display of calibration map for centering and overscan
SPS-8-8-S (Series 4 TiVos only) Toggle '4th FF press returns to play speed' setting

Last edited by moyekj : 04-27-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #5145
wuzznuubi

Quote:
Thanks for the continuing work on kmttg. I can't imagine life without it!

Question on series & episode...

Am I correct in assuming that all three of these keywords are derived from the TiVo's metatdata `episodeNumber` and that without it they will be null?
[episode]
[season]
[SeriesEpNumber]

per RELEASE NOTES
Code:
v0p9q (4/27/2013)
  ENHANCEMENTS
   Added [season] and [episode] keywords as options for File Naming setting.

v0p9p (3/30/2013)
  ENHANCEMENTS
   By request [SeriesEpNumber] field was added as an option for TiVo File Naming which is Episode number in Plex Media Manager format: s#e# Note that it is assumed the episode number is 2 digits which is not always the case for every series.

wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #5146
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzznuubi View Post
Question on series & episode...

Am I correct in assuming that all three of these keywords are derived from the TiVo's metatdata `episodeNumber` and that without it they will be null?
[episode]
[season]
[SeriesEpNumber]
Yes. Plus if the original XML listings pulled from TiVos don't have episodeNumber information (which is the case for many series) then kmttg also tries to get the data using supplemental mindrpc data instead (either directly from TiVos for series 4 TiVos or from tivo.com if your TiVo login + password is available for series 3 TiVos). The supplemental data is typically much more complete than the XML data. Also obviously for non-episodic shows the data won't be available, so if downloading non-episodic shows as well you may want to use conditional keywords (see the Wiki on that).

Old 04-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #5147
wuzznuubi

Quote:
Yes. Plus if the original XML listings pulled from TiVos don't have episodeNumber information (which is the case for many series) then kmttg also tries to get the data using supplemental mindrpc data instead (either directly from TiVos for series 4 TiVos or from tivo.com if your TiVo login + password is available for series 3 TiVos). The supplemental data is typically much more complete than the XML data. Also obviously for non-episodic shows the data won't be available, so if downloading non-episodic shows as well you may want to use conditional keywords (see the Wiki on that).
Would this "supplemental mindrpc data" be visible if I press the "j" key on an item (row) in kmttg's NPL of one of my S4 TiVo's?
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #5148
RedMan8

ProjectX - some shows won't convert

I've been using KMTTG for years without any issues (amazing program)... but recently my computer crashed and I set up a brand new one. Everything installed and started working from scratch very easily!
(again... amazing program!)

The only issue I've found is that ProjectX can't handle some shows. They are "mpg" files, but I get an error in the log when ProjectX tries to cut their commercials:
2013_04_22_16:49:52 ERROR: xcl file not found: C:\Users\RedMan\Documents\Current\00KMTTG\Family Feud (04_22_2013)(15_00).mpg.Xcl
2013_04_22_16:49:55 ERROR: input video=eia-608: projectxcut only supports mpeg2 video

It "feels" like I'm missing a codec or something??

Thanks again for the continued development and support of this!!

-RedMan
RedMan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #5149
mlippert

Quote:
Also obviously for non-episodic shows the data won't be available, so if downloading non-episodic shows as well you may want to use conditional keywords (see the Wiki on that).
I didn't know that you had implemented conditional keywords. Cool.

So I just went and checked them out and I've got an enhancement request for your queue :-).

You mentioned that non-episodic shows obviously won't have episode numbers, and that made me realize that I would like my shows named like so:

Episodic shows:
Code:
[mainTitle] ["- s" season]["e" episode " - "][episodeTitle " "] ([month]_[mday]_[year], [channel])
produces:
Doctor Who - s7e08 - Cold War (Apr_13_2013, BBCAHD)

Non-episodic shows:
Code:
[mainTitle] ["(" movieYear ") "]([month]_[mday]_[year], [channel])
produces:
Holiday in Handcuffs (2007) (Dec_21_2012, ABCFHD)

Hmm, as I write this out it looks more complicated to implement than I originally thought.
What I think I'm describing is to get either [" -s" season]["e" episode " -"] [episodeTitle] in the middle for episodic shows or ["(" movieYear ")"] for non-episodic shows. But I don't see a neat way to specify that.

Well maybe you (moyekj) or someone else has some thoughts on a clean syntax that could accomplish this. Currently I just perform the minor edits by hand when I move the files to my NAS. The naming convention I describe above works well for media used by a Plex server. I have it set up for use both by Plex and by pyTivo.

Anyway thanks for listening
Mike
mlippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #5150
moyekj

Except for the fact that [movieYear] keyword is not available something like the following would work:
Code:
[mainTitle] ["- s" season]["e" episode " - "][episodeTitle " "][" (" movieYear ") "] ([month]_[mday]_[year], [channel])
season, episode, episodeTitle would all be null for movies, movieYear null for episodic shows. I'll look into adding [movieYear] keyword for next release (movieYear is a pretty recent addition and only available from supplemental data). Also note that [SeriesEpNumber] can be used to get the syntax you want for season + episode.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #5151
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzznuubi View Post
Would this "supplemental mindrpc data" be visible if I press the "j" key on an item (row) in kmttg's NPL of one of my S4 TiVo's?
I don't add all the supplemental data, but simply the extra data I'm looking for if not already available from XML:
recordingId
originalAirdate
EpisodeNumber (derived from seasonNumber & episodeNum)
movieYear

So the above would be visible if available when pressing 'j'.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #5152
mlippert

Quote:
Except for the fact that [movieYear] keyword is not available something like the following would work:
Code:
[mainTitle] ["- s" season]["e" episode " - "][episodeTitle " "][" (" movieYear ") "] ([month]_[mday]_[year], [channel])
season, episode, episodeTitle would all be null for movies, movieYear null for episodic shows. I'll look into adding [movieYear] keyword for next release (movieYear is a pretty recent addition and only available from supplemental data). Also note that [SeriesEpNumber] can be used to get the syntax you want for season + episode.
Awesome, thanks!
mlippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #5153
merrickw

QS Fix and TiVo metadata

Years ago, a tech from VideoRedo told me that when VideoRedo saves as .tivo, it is saving a decrypted mpeg2 with the tivo header attached.

Assuming this is true, my question is when QS FIX runs, does it also save a .tivo as .mpeg2 with the TiVo header attached? And if yes, can Auto Transfer qs fix be configured to output a .tivo file in that format?
merrickw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #5154
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrickw View Post
Years ago, a tech from VideoRedo told me that when VideoRedo saves as .tivo, it is saving a decrypted mpeg2 with the tivo header attached.

Assuming this is true, my question is when QS FIX runs, does it also save a .tivo as .mpeg2 with the TiVo header attached? And if yes, can Auto Transfer qs fix be configured to output a .tivo file in that format?
No setting for that. The only point in preserving as .TiVo is if you are going to send it back to a TiVo, and for that QS Fix is not necessary.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #5155
merrickw

Quote:
No setting for that. The only point in preserving as .TiVo is if you are going to send it back to a TiVo, and for that QS Fix is not necessary.
Thanks. I like to keep my options open. Since, QS fix does fix sync issues, I was hoping to keep it in tivo format and cleaned up with QS fix.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #5156
Beven

Unable to delete from Tivo?

Very odd - I haven't changed anything myself, but lately kmttg has been unable to delete anything from my TiVo after encoding - any ideas?

---DONE--- job=decrypt output=D:\from_tivo\Worlds Wildest Police Videos (05_01_2013).mpg
(Deleted file: D:\from_tivo\Worlds Wildest Police Videos (05_01_2013).TiVo)
recordingId not available for this entry
iPad Delete got null recordingId
Failed to delete show on TiVo
>> ENCODING WITH PROFILE 'hb_ipod' TO FILE D:\tivo_encoded\Worlds Wildest Police Videos (05_01_2013).m4v ...
C:\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "D:\from_tivo\Worlds Wildest Police Videos (05_01_2013).mpg" -t 1 -c 1 -f mp4 -I -X 320 -e x264 -b 700 -a 1 -E faac -B 160 -R 48 -6 dpl2 -D 0.0 -x level=30:bframes=0:cabac=0:ref=2:vbv-maxrate=768:vbv-bufsize=2000:analyse=all:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1:subq=6:8x8dct=0:trellis=0:weightb=0:mixed-refs=0 -v 1 -o "D:\tivo_encoded\Worlds Wildest Police Videos (05_01_2013).m4v"
encoding job completed: 0:20:49
---DONE--- job=encode output=D:\tivo_encoded\Worlds Wildest Police Videos (05_01_2013).m4v
(Deleted file: D:\from_tivo\Worlds Wildest Police Videos (05_01_2013).mpg)
Beven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #5157
merrickw

Auto transfer to c:\kmttg ?

One other issue I hit when I setup my first auto-transfer, the files were being written to c:\kmttg instead of the network location set in the config. This doesn't happen in GUI mode. Any idea why that happens?
Old 05-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #5158
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrickw View Post
One other issue I hit when I setup my first auto-transfer, the files were being written to c:\kmttg instead of the network location set in the config. This doesn't happen in GUI mode. Any idea why that happens?
You have to run service using your username, not the default system user which doesn't have access to network shares by default. Consult the auto_transfers Wiki.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #5159
jcthorne

I have a request I've been mulling over for a while. Thought I would throw this out there in case anyone else uses kmttg in a similar fashion as me.

Across the top of the window are a row of check boxes to select the functions for each job. Trouble is, while the set of functions for download, decrypt etc from a TiVo are consistent for all 3 of my tivos, the files tab is used for processing and pushing TO a TiVo and the functions needed for that tab are always the same but different from those used for downloading.

Could the function check boxes be remembered for EACH tab?

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #5160
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
I have a request I've been mulling over for a while. Thought I would throw this out there in case anyone else uses kmttg in a similar fashion as me.

Across the top of the window are a row of check boxes to select the functions for each job. Trouble is, while the set of functions for download, decrypt etc from a TiVo are consistent for all 3 of my tivos, the files tab is used for processing and pushing TO a TiVo and the functions needed for that tab are always the same but different from those used for downloading.

Could the function check boxes be remembered for EACH tab?
Personally I think I would find that somewhat annoying, but maybe that's just me. Set up a set of tasks and then switch to another TiVo or FILES mode and find that settings reset to something else. Not sure if it would be worth the added coding complications to implement.