TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Downloading amazon vids from 6 years ago ???

I noticed that my S2 tivo had downloaded 3 movies over the course of the day and a 4th is currently being downloaded. I called amazon and they told me that these were movies that I purchased (assuming rented) in March, 2007. I was also told that these were all promotional purchases, so they didn't actually cost me anything. I was transferred to an instant video service rep who couldn't see anything happing with my account - no recent downloads and nothing currently being downloaded so it must be a problem on Tivo's end. So I chatted with a Tivo rep who was no help and said it has to be an amazon problem.
One's first instinct may be to blame the source, Amazon, but my experience has shown that Tivo's computer system will send out messages (e-mails and messages on the tivo) months and even years past the event they relate to.

Has anyone else had this happen or know of any other cases where something like this happened? I'd like to know if it's going to stop soon or if everything I've ever rented is going to download again. I rented a lot in 2007 alone (6 pages on the amazon my orders page) so it could get ugly.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
tjaleks

I'm also seeing random videos from Amazon showing up on TiVo. All rentals. None that we remember renting, but we haven't looked at our Amazon account that far back. Thought our Amazon account was hacked at first.
tjaleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I saw this happen on my S3 yesterday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

The video that was downloading as I posted was the last one. At this point I just wish that at least one of them would have been worth watching again.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
msdonnelly

Are the Macines Self-Actualizing?

I also had about a half dozen TV shows that I purchased from Amazon suddenly and spontaneously download themselves. What's interesting is the fact it was just the TV shows I own. I also own several Movies on Amazon. I'd sure like to know how this happened.
msdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
Peter000

I had this happen to me today. Two movies downloaded.

Where can I see the movies I've purchased on Amazon? Or rented in the past?
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #7
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

your account -> your orders -> digital orders
Old 04-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
morac
Cat God

Happened to me apparently. A S3 that I don't use that much had a bunch of TV shows and Movie Rentals downloaded to it on Thursday according to TiVo Central Online. Some of them had to be from close to 5 or 6 years ago (or whenever Amazon VOD first became available). edit: checked order history and they were from 2007

I'm wondering if these were downloads that failed at the time?

Last edited by morac : 04-30-2013 at 02:17 PM.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #9
Peter000

The two movies that downloaded for me today didn't show up in my library, but did show up in my Purchase history for late March of '07. Must have been rentals.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Four more movies from March, 2007 were downloaded to my S2 today. Checking against my order history, they are the 4 orders made directly after the titles that were downloaded last week. The difference, though, is that 3 are rentals and one was a purchase. Now I'm hoping that this glitch is only going to affect March, 2007 orders because I made no more orders in March.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
msdonnelly

Back Again

I deleted the shows that I wrote about previously and this morning they were back again! What is going on?
Old 05-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
tivosupport_kaitlyn

TiVo Customers.

We are currently in the process of investigating this issue. In order to accelerate the investigation we do need some more information from you. We would like to gather the TSN’s, TiVo Service Numbers obtainable from System Information, from customer’s experiencing this issue. To display this screen, from TiVo Central go to Messages & Settings > Account & System Information > System Information. If you could please, send a Private Message to one of the following TiVo Support Representatives we could open individual tickets and speed up the investigation. We do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your assistance in helping us resolve this odd issue.

Thank you,

Kaitlyn
TiVo Customer Support
tivosupport_kaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #13
tivosupport_kaitlyn

If you could please, send a Private Message to one of the following TiVo Support Representatives we could open individual tickets and speed up the investigation.

Tivosupport_kaitlyn
Tivosupport_taylor
Tivosupport_david
tivosupport_kaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #14
juliegnh

Tivosupport_kaitlyn:I can't send a PM but have gotten Amazon Instant Videos from 2007

I tried to send a PM to Tivosupport_kaitlyn and it doesn't appear to work. Can you send me one so I can respond with my TSN? Got 4 Videos on 4/30/13 that I had ordered in 2007.

Thank you
juliegnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #15
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdonnelly View Post
I deleted the shows that I wrote about previously and this morning they were back again! What is going on?
I haven't deleted anything because I'm afraid of them returning. I'm going to start watching one movie to start the timer on it's auto deletion and wait a week or so to see if it comes back. If it doesn't download again I'll start the timer on the rest of them and hope.

and I've sent a PM to support as requested
Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #16
morac
Cat God

Not that I want to jinx myself, but I haven't had any more download since the 6 or so items last Thursday. I kept one since I don't remember ever watching it.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #17
alanb

I have the same issue as well.
alanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #18
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivosupport_kaitlyn View Post
We do apologize for the inconvenience
It's not an inconvenience for me, just a curiosity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #19
juliegnh

tivosupport_kaitlyn:

I don't seem to be able to reply to a PM, either....thinking it's cuz I don't have 10 posts. I don't suppose you can send me an email that I can reply to you with my TSN, could you?

Thank you.....
Old 05-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
Peter000

I had a total of 2 movies downloaded spontaneously, and after I deleted them it hasn't happened again.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #21
dylanemcgregor

Just noticed three movies. Apparently ones I'd ordered for free in 2007, but I only remember watching 2 of them. Called Amazon and the Unbox support person was in the dark on what this was. Should have thought to check here first.

dylanemcgregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #22
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliegnh View Post
tivosupport_kaitlyn:

I don't seem to be able to reply to a PM, either....thinking it's cuz I don't have 10 posts. I don't suppose you can send me an email that I can reply to you with my TSN, could you?

Thank you.....
or you could simply participate a little to get the post count necessary to send a PM.
just sayin'
Old 05-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #23
juliegnh

Has anyone found out why this happened yet? I haven't been able to give anyone my TSN, but I am thinking it doesn't really matter at this point......
Old 05-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #24
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Now they are starting to repeat. The first vid that was downloaded 3 weeks ago today was downloaded again this afternoon. I can't remember if I started the timer on this title so that it would vanish on its own or if I just deleted it myself.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #25
morac
Cat God

All the videos that downloaded on April 25th, downloading again on May 9th, except the one I didn't delete..
Old 05-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #26
Puppy76

I'm having the same thing happen on my S2 (and not on my HD, which I activated in, I believe, 2008). It's downloading the same two movies from Amazon that I rented prior to 2008. Has been happening for weeks maybe, and 3 times just in the past day.

Are the mentioned Tivo representatives real? I'm not keen on handing out my info to random people lol.
Puppy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #27
morac
Cat God

Call Amazon. They have a ticket open for this and they can just add your box to the ticket.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #28
msdonnelly

4th Time!

After the 7 TV shows appeared on my S3 for the third time yesterday I thought I'd finally gotten rid of them for good. I went to my Amazon account and DELETED the shows from my library! Less than 8 hours later they were back! At this rate I'm expecting Time Warner to shut down my internet for being a band-with hog! There must be a solution more immediate than a trouble ticket!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #29
morac
Cat God

My 7 shows (4 TV, 3 movie rentals) came back yesterday (for the third time) as well. This after I spoke to Amazon on Sunday and was told there were no programs in my download queue.

I wonder if unlinking my account will "fix" this. I'm guessing not.

Edit: There's also disabling downloads for the box at TiVo.com/mma, but that will stop all downloads, not just these ones.

Last edited by morac : 05-15-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #30
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

The same first four videos downloaded again on Monday and I deleted them, but left them in the RDF. Today, two of those videos were downloaded again and one of the second set of four videos is being downloaded as I type this.

I'll keep posting these updates for as long as this problem continues.