Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #151
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SullyND View Post
I'm not sure about this whole "unsullied" thing.

-Sully.

Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #152
Marco
Yes, Mr. Tony

No Sullies!

Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #153
dtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
Yes, I agree. The other locals are very dreary and not very pleasing to look at. But wherever Danaerys seems to be is much brighter, colorful and pleasant to see.

Gerry
Maybe it's because "Winter is Coming" in Westeros, and there has been an all-out war, while it's not-Winter (don't know about other seasons) and relatively peaceful where Dany is?
dtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #154
audioscience
Droppin' Science *

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
On my TV, it looked like the Wizard's mouth was sewn shut. Looking at the screen capture on the above facebook spoof, it does indeed look like some sort of rag is wrapped around his head, and that the rag has some sort of string bundling it up, which gave the mistaken impression of his mouth being sewn shut.
On my first viewing I thought it was sewn shut for sure, but on my second and third viewings it looked like a big rope in his mouth. However, his hands aren't tied so I dont' understan why he couldn't get it out of his mouth unles he was simply not strong enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
I liked the scene where Sansa is praying at the weirwood stump in Kings Landing. They didn't feel a need to point out that it was a stump, just had it there, her praying. Good stuff.
I totally missed that I'm usually able to pick up on stuff like that. To me it looked like she was just kneeling at a rock that was part of that seawall. It makes total sense that it was a Weirwood though

Spoiler:
Although in the books, I believe the only Weirwood was in a courtyard of the castle in King's Landing. I suppose there were choped down ones elsewhere.

audioscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #155
marksman
ID-10-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth
What a great episode.

I find myself looking forward to the Daenerys segments the most.
This.

They seemingly always wrap up the episode and currently exist in a bubble separate from the rest of the action but the anticipation when continents collide is growing at an amazing pace.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #156
marksman
ID-10-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
Daenerys Stormborn, please marry me.

The last six minutes of this episode were f'n awesome. Hair standing up on the back of the neck awesome. Go kick some ass, girl!
Yeah she does very much kick ass. Her advancement and development as a character has been amazing but huge kudos for the actress as she has really brought to life her lightning fast evolution.

One side question anyone else having trouble keeping all the characters straight. I turbo watched the first 1.5 seasons so it was easier to keep track in a marathon.

I know the numerous main characters but occasionally find myself lost with secondary and tertiary characters this season. I would say my biggest problem is with the people in the north.

I am very interested in seeing where Maegery goes (don't know spelling of her name). She could have an interesting road and I hope it ends poorly for Joffrey.

Anyone else think Joffrey should become an official insult? "Stop being a Joffrey" or "Your such a Joffrey".
Old 04-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #157
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman View Post
Anyone else think Joffrey should become an official insult? "Stop being a Joffrey" or "Your such a Joffrey".
What Would Joffrey Do?
Old 04-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #158
jasrub

It sure doesn't help that they seem to pick actors that are very similar to each other in looks.

I always seem to get Robb and Theon mixed up.

Quote:
One side question anyone else having trouble keeping all the characters straight. I turbo watched the first 1.5 seasons so it was easier to keep track in a marathon.

I know the numerous main characters but occasionally find myself lost with secondary and tertiary characters this season. I would say my biggest problem is with the people in the north.

jasrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #159
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Watched this episode last night. Really great episode.

I'm sure everyone had been thinking that she could really speak the language of the slave master. That she understood what he was saying the entire time. I think we all assumed that she wasn't really giving away a dragon. So, it kinda ended how I figured it would, but it was so amazing to see. I watched the last couple minutes of the episode 3 times. Awesome!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #160
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasrub View Post
It sure doesn't help that they seem to pick actors that are very similar to each other in looks.

I always seem to get Robb and Theon mixed up.
I don't see the Robb/Theon resemblance (Theon looks like a rat), but at first I did mix up Robb and Jon Snow.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #161
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
I don't see the Robb/Theon resemblance (Theon looks like a rat), but at first I did mix up Robb and Jon Snow.
Same. Both are also attractive where I don't think Theon is at all.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #162
DUDE_NJX

Robb is Disney's Prince Charming. Theon is Quasimodo without the hump. Where's the confusion?
DUDE_NJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #163
stichnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey ghost View Post
Is the wizard in the box something new that Varys has just come into possession of or has he been keeping his as a pet for a while? I can't imagine being able to keep something like that quiet this whole time.
Upon opening the box, Varys says, "Hello, my old friend. It's been a long time." Sounds like he just came into possession.
stichnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #164
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Oh yeah, they mix me up to.

I sometimes feel I need to be watching a pop-up video version where the first time most charactors appear in an episode it pops up a little "you last saw them doing X at Y", or "she's only been talked about, not seen, before this", or even "he's totally new, stop trying to rack your brain for info on him"
Old 04-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #165
DUDE_NJX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stichnot View Post
Upon opening the box, Varys says, "Hello, my old friend. It's been a long time." Sounds like he just came into possession.
Maybe the wizard is gagged with Varys's ballsack.
DUDE_NJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #166
Ereth

Quote:
As half-brothers they should look alike. I was actually rather surprised at how well they cast that that the brothers would look so similar.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #167
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Next on GoT: Varys ships the crate off to the X cross guys for final enjoyment and disposal.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #168
SoBelle0
What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
Oh yeah, they mix me up to.

I sometimes feel I need to be watching a pop-up video version where the first time most charactors appear in an episode it pops up a little "you last saw them doing X at Y", or "she's only been talked about, not seen, before this", or even "he's totally new, stop trying to rack your brain for info on him"
Some of that kind of info will show up on the HBOGo frames. Not really pop-up video style, which would be so sweet! but it will give you a bit of reference.
Thanks to Danterner for pointing out this little watcher tool.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #169
Demandred
RPSLS Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post

As half-brothers they should look alike. I was actually rather surprised at how well they cast that that the brothers would look so similar.
I don't think they are half-brothers, but I haven't read the books. I think Jon Snow is a Baratheon.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #170
jeff92k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
Umm.... I have not read the books, and have only watched the show, but I feel I should probably spoiler my response to this....

Spoiler:
Are you sure you want to read this?
Spoiler:
Are you really sure you want to read this?
Spoiler:
How do you know that they are half-brothers? That has been implied by certain characters, but we really know nothing of the mother; and the father, Ned Stark, has never actually said that Jon Snow is his son. He's only said that "you are my blood", which could mean that he is related, but not actually his own son.

jeff92k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #171
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
I don't think they are half-brothers, but I haven't read the books. I think Jon Snow is a Baratheon.
Why would you think that?

He is Ned's son from another woman. Ned even talked about it with the king when they were alone. There was never a hint of Ned taking the blame for him. And it's not like the guy had a problem with having bastards!

Robb and Jon Snow are half-brothers. At this point, it's a complete and undisputed fact.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #172
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
Why would you think that?

He is Ned's son from another woman. Ned even talked about it with the king when they were alone. There was never a hint of Ned taking the blame for him. And it's not like the guy had a problem with having bastards!

Robb and Jon Snow are half-brothers. At this point, it's a complete and undisputed fact.
I don't think that anything was stated that made it as complete and undisputed as you seem to recall.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #173
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerock View Post
I don't think that anything was stated that made it as complete and undisputed as you seem to recall.
How so?

Ned said he was his. Ned and the king, on the way to King's Landing, talked about the war, the girl Ned banged, and Jon Snow being the baby. Ned and Cat, on different occasions and to each other, talked about Ned coming back from the war with Jon Snow. Ned's brother and all the Stark boys and girls have stated on several occasions that Jon is Ned's son and a bastard.

How unequivocal do you need?
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #174
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

I understand what you're saying and why you think that. I just don't agree that Ned admitted as much as you think he did but I tend to be a stickler for exactly what people said vs. what can easily be inferred (but perhaps shouldn't be). So I could be wrong.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #175
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE_NJX View Post
Maybe the wizard is gagged with Varys's ballsack.
Nah. That was BBQ'd...maybe fed to the dogs.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #176
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

To be clear, I am in no way arguing that Ned hasn't passed Jon off as his bastard. But there a many times when things are said that indicate that things are not as clear cut as that story. I don't believe that is just to confuse things unnecessarily.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #177
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff92k7 View Post

Umm.... I have not read the books, and have only watched the show, but I feel I should probably spoiler my response to this....

* SPOILER *[/spoiler][/spoiler]
You talked me out of it about three spoiler tags in. Lol.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #178
jeff92k7

Quote:
You talked me out of it about three spoiler tags in. Lol.
LOL. I basically said the same thing that others have been arguing about in the last few posts. They just didn't feel the need to spoiler tag their posts, I guess.
jeff92k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #179
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff92k7 View Post
LOL. I basically said the same thing that others have been arguing about in the last few posts. They just didn't feel the need to spoiler tag their posts, I guess.
It is only a spoiler if you have some information not from the show that leads you to your hypothesis.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #180
stellie93

In reference to John's mother--it's funny in the books (not a huge spoiler)
Spoiler:
I've read all 5 books, and it seems that every few chapters someone claims that he knew someone who knew the girl who was John's mother, and they are all different and in totally different places. That's really suspicious right there.

stellie93 is online now   Reply With Quote