My experience using Hulu and Hulu+ for about three months.
With Hulu you can only watch the shows on a computer, it includes ads, and you have full access to all the content Hulu has to offer.
With Hulu+ you pay a monthly fee so you can watch Hulu on mobile devices including devices hooked up to your TV. It includes the same amount of ads, but the kicker is you DON'T have access to Hulu's full library, there are many web-only shows.
So, for paying customers you get less content, but more places to play what content you want. For free you get more content, but limited to playing on a computer.
I guess it's up to you whether you're paying for Hulu to watch select shows on mobile devices or to watch any show you want, limited to a computer.
I chose to drop paying the fee. Honestly in 4 months about 60% of what I wanted to watch I could watch, the other 40% would not play through my Tivo due to content restrictions on "mobile" devices.
XBox Live gamertag = dougcpa
Captain Kirk: "Once again we've saved civilization as we know it."
Dr. McCoy: "And the good news is they're not going to prosecute."