TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #61
Tsiehta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post

Beric Dondarrion is seen briefly in the scene when Ned is sitting on the Iron Throne and orders the Mountain brought to justice. This is AFTER Ned gets skewered and Beric has both eyes and no scars.
Correct.

The guy killed with Ned outside LittleFinger's brothel was Jory.
Tsiehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #62
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Just realized how screwed Snow is. The only two people who knew he's in deep cover is the Commander and the guy who he "killed" last season. Does Sam know? 'Cause he's the only person that can clear him from being labeled a traitor.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #63
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
How can they possibly even get Sansa promised to Loras without communication to Robb? It is not like Sansa has any say in the matter.
Robb is a "traitor". He has no say. Brann and Rickun are presumed dead. I don't see any male Starks left to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubys
At this point, it seems that Sansa is nothing to Joffrey (other than as a hostage).
Agreed. Furthermore, I'm not even convinced Joffrey likes women (unless he thinks they're evil schemers like he is). Put her head on a pike next to her father's, perhaps, but no evidence that he wants her as a mistress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88
The only two people who knew he's in deep cover is the Commander and the guy who he "killed" last season.
When the did commander learn Snow was under cover? I thought it was only half-hand who knew.

I do think Snow could probably explain his situation and convince the Commander if he ever gets the opportunity. The night's watch is in disarray, it might be best for all involved if Manse Rayder assumed control of the wall. I think Jon Snow knows this.
smbaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #64
grey ghost

Just a few of my uninformed conclusions. I have not read the books.

IMHO, Littlefinger doesn't want Sansa for Sansa's sake. He wants to "take" Sansa to punish Cat for rejecting him and ruining Sansa's future is a bonus. At some point, Tyrion's promise to Shea to protect Sansa is going to pull him into the scenario.

Is the wizard in the box something new that Varys has just come into possession of or has he been keeping his as a pet for a while? I can't imagine being able to keep something like that quiet this whole time.

Last edited by grey ghost : 04-22-2013 at 01:30 PM.
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #65
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
In the North, bastards are called Snow, like John
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Oh okay yeah, that makes sense. I should have realized that!
Each regions of the 7 Kingdoms has their own surname for bastards who are borne of noble houses:

The Crownlands = Waters
The North = Snow
The Iron Islands = Pyke
The Riverlands = Rivers
The Vale = Stone
The Westerlands = Hill
The Reach = Flowers
The Stormlands = Storm
Dorne = Sand
Old 04-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #66
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsiehta View Post
Correct.

The guy killed with Ned outside LittleFinger's brothel was Jory.
Jory! YES! that was the name.

So it was someone else. And then they made it worse by casting a different actor.
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #67
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
Right after the Lannisters found out that Cat kidnapped Tyrion, Jaime surrounded Ned and his men coming out of (maybe wrong here) Littlefinger's house. I think Ned might have been investigating one of the King's bastards. Jaime demanded Tyrion is given back. Ned's man tried to fight Jaime but Jaime surprised him with a hidden knife in the eye.

Ned and Jaime then had a sword fight that was interrupted by one of Jaime's men stabbing Ned from the back with a spear (in the leg), much to Jaime's chagrin.

I don't recall Ned's guy surviving. but clearly, he did. If so, someone posted that it's a different actor playing the role; which explains why I do not recognize him.

Still, Arya should have recognized him!
That wasn't Beric Dondarrion. That was one of Ned's lieutenants from Winterfell who came down with him to be part of the Hand's guards.

Beric Dondarrion is/was a knight and bannermen of House Baratheon. After the big tournament in Season 1, he stuck around King's Landing, and then was ordered by Ned Stark (who, as the Hand, was handling the King's business whilst Robert was off on his fatal hunting trip) to go and capture the Mountain (Gregor Clegane) who was raping and pillaging the villages of the Riverlands.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #68
grey ghost

Wonder how long it's going to take before Jorah Mormont finds out his father, the Lord Commander is dead and what effect is it going to have on him when he's done??
Old 04-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #69
grey ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
Each regions of the 7 Kingdoms has their own surname for bastards who are borne of noble houses:

The Crownlands = Waters
The North = Snow
The Iron Islands = Pyke
The Riverlands = Rivers
The Vale = Stone
The Westerlands = Hill
The Reach = Flowers
The Stormlands = Storm
Dorne = Sand
Thanks, I didn't know that
Old 04-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #70
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Dany certainly does get more than her share of Really Cool Scenes.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #71
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I'd be happy if they got rid of every other storyline except hers!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #72
Gerryex

Quote:
Even though we all pretty much knew how this would turn out it was very well done and quite exciting!!

One of the best shows on TV!!!!!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #73
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.

She was very queenly.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #74
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post

And poor Theon realizing after the fact just how bad he's screwed it all up. "My real father lost his head at King's Landing". Yeah well now you have no father at all. Oh and you're back to be tortured SURPRISE! Weee!
This is the first time I've felt any sympathy for Theon. He's finally figured out that it wasn't that bad in Winterfell and he screwed up by going with his nasty father and sister. He should have known it was a fake when they said she was going to rescue him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
So what does Samwell think he's going to do with Gilly and the baby? If he runs south, with he be able to get past the wall? If he stays north, will he be able to avoid the White Walkers?
Yeah, once Craster is dead, Gilly and her baby aren't really in any danger there unless the Crows gone wild would rape her. And we know there was food around. Seems like he could have at least gotten some supplies together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post
The night's watch is in disarray, it might be best for all involved if Manse Rayder assumed control of the wall. I think Jon Snow knows this.
How would it be good for the wildlings to control the wall? And do they even want to or do they just want to get around/over/through it.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #75
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Yeah, once Craster is dead, Gilly and her baby aren't really in any danger there unless the Crows gone wild would rape her.
That is exactly what would have happened to Gilly if she had not hightailed it out of there. So yes, Gilly was in danger. Also, Sam was in danger from some of the men. They both needed to get out of there quickly.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #76
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
This is the first time I've felt any sympathy for Theon. He's finally figured out that it wasn't that bad in Winterfell and he screwed up by going with his nasty father and sister. He should have known it was a fake when they said she was going to rescue him.
Well, to be fair, he felt that way because he thought it was his father torturing him and his father that was out to get him. Yes, he also thought his father humiliated him when he asked him to raid some fishing villages, but the main source of angst was because of the lies the guy was feeding him.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #77
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
I have no sympathy for Theon. Ned treated him well and Robb and John treated him as a brother, so he decides on his own to sack the family's castle.

He doesn't get a do-over. Let him die in pain.
2 Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA
MikeAndrews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #78
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
I have no sympathy for Theon. Ned treated him well and Robb and John treated him as a brother, so he decides on his own to sack the family's castle.
Not exactly. I can remember at least 1 instance where Robb very directly reminds him that he is not a Stark. Remember the scene when Bran was attacked by the wildlings? Theon was telling Robb of his duty to defend his father, and Robb told him "It's not your duty because it's not your house". That's what caused Theon to leave angrily, causing Robb to confront the Wildlings on his own (initially).

So yes, they generally treated him pretty nice, but they probably fairly regularly took their opportunities to remind him he wasn't a Stark.
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #79
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Didja realize that when Jeffy marries Margery, he'll be marrying HIS AUNT?

"I'm my own Grandpa...."
2 Series 2 DT 500GB
UVerse and OTA
Old 04-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #80
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I wonder if Loras' "type" is whatever benefits house Tyrell at the moment.
Loras wasn't acting for the benefit of House Tyrell when he was secretly getting it on with Renly.

Quote:

A real hoot was as she mentioned that they don't have the functioning parts, Varys looked down to see if his were still gone.
"I wonder what happens when the non-existent bumps into the decrepit." Awesome line.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #81
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Didja realize that when Jeffy marries Margery, he'll be marrying HIS AUNT?

"I'm my own Grandpa...."
How do you figure? Joffrey's parents are Jaime and Cersei Lannister. The people believe his real father was Robert Baratheon. Regardless of whether his father is a Lannister or a Baratheon, neither of those would make Margaery Tyrell his aunt.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #82
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
How do you figure? Joffrey's parents are Jaime and Cersei Lannister. The people believe his real father was Robert Baratheon. Regardless of whether his father is a Lannister or a Baratheon, neither of those would make Margaery Tyrell his aunt.
Renley Baratheon's wife & queen was officially Jeffy's aunt.
2 Series 2 DT 500GB
UVerse and OTA
Old 04-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #83
LordKronos

Quote:
What kind of an idiot sells his entire army to someone who seeks to use that army for conquest? I didn't find this bit plausible. There would be a policy of never selling more soldiers than you could defend against.
There probably didn't really seem to need to be any such policy in place. I got the impression that Dany raided a fairly large amount of gold from Qarth, but even all of that gold (including the ship she bought with it) was only enough to buy a few hundred men. So they were probably in the habit of selling a few hundred men at a time. Maybe 500 here and there. Then every once in a great while, maybe someone really wealthy comes along and buys a few thousand men. He's probably never entertained an offer for all of their men before, and it was just a joke to him. Then suddenly he gets a "real" offer for a dragon, gets overcome with greed, and makes a stupid decision.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #84
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
You have to admit that the slave master did say the troops were untested and that they should be blooded before they engage in any serious action, so Dany took his advice.
Did he say that and I'm not remembering it? Or were you mixing it up with the comment from the slave owner's advisor, when Dany asked to buy the men still in training and he advised the slave owner not to sell them because they were untested (I think that was the word) and it could make them look bad if they fail in battle?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #85
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
Did he say that and I'm not remembering it? Or were you mixing it up with the comment from the slave owner's advisor, when Dany asked to buy the men still in training and he advised the slave owner not to sell them because they were untested (I think that was the word) and it could make them look bad if they fail in battle?
He did say that. He told her that since they are untested, she should train them by raiding villages. He also asked her to bring him any young ones she captures, he would buy them from her, train them, and have more soldiers ready if she needs them later. Winning all around!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #86
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Right, which makes two ways in which she is not biologically related to Joffrey.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #87
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Quote:
Right, which makes two ways in which she is not biologically related to Joffrey.

netringer was clearly talking about Jeffy!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #88
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Has anyone seen new GoT Facebook spoofs? The first one (posted a couple of episodes ago) was really funny!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #89
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post

netringer was clearly talking about Jeffy!
I think the key word was "biologically."

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #90
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I think the key word was "biologically."
I'm not sure what your point is. I don't think anyone mentioned anything about biology, incest, or blood relatives. The comment was simply that he is marrying his aunt. And indeed, he is marrying his aunt.