TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #1
ajwees41

TeleWorld

Does Tivo still use the Teleword paid program for downloading info? I don't see it listed in the onscreen guide.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Yes. You might be able to find it using Search by Title under the Find Programs menu.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #3
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Yes. You might be able to find it using Search by Title under the Find Programs menu.
I did that still not listed.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

They air on ION Networks and Discovery. (looks like your market does not have a Local ION affiliate and Cox provides the SD Satellite version only)

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/tele...am/EP00617254?

CoxInPHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

To be clear, AFAICT, they only use it for Showcase ad video nowadays, not guide data. Regardless, if you have an Internet connection for your TiVo, or even just a phone connection, you'll get your guide data.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
They air on ION Networks and Discovery. (looks like your market does not have a Local ION affiliate and Cox provides the SD Satellite version only)

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/tele...am/EP00617254?
they were listed on both channels last week, but not this week. How does Tivo get channel lineup changes via the guide data download or the TeleWorld program?
Old 04-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post
they were listed on both channels last week, but not this week. How does Tivo get channel lineup changes via the guide data download or the TeleWorld program?
Via the guide data download.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
To be clear, AFAICT, they only use it for Showcase ad video nowadays, not guide data. Regardless, if you have an Internet connection for your TiVo, or even just a phone connection, you'll get your guide data.
This seems almost pointless these days. Does this really save Tivo any money?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #9
mattack

Compared to a zillion (comparatively) separate Tivos downloading a video file over a possibly slow network? Seems to me it probably saves them TONS of money. I know it's not national, and was from a VERY long time ago, but someone told me that late night local commercials are VERY cheap.. in the TENS of dollars.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #10
Leon WIlkinson
TiVo Gone Wild

They should sell a certain pill late at night.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #11
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Compared to a zillion (comparatively) separate Tivos downloading a video file over a possibly slow network? Seems to me it probably saves them TONS of money. I know it's not national, and was from a VERY long time ago, but someone told me that late night local commercials are VERY cheap.. in the TENS of dollars.
I had no idea it was that cheap. If that is the case, this is probably a much better option.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #12
mattack

Well, again, this was literally a decade or two ago, and it was for a local (short) commercial, not a national infomercial.. But still, I would think that the infomercials on those cable channels in the middle of the night are comparatively cheap.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:18 AM   #13
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon WIlkinson View Post
They should sell a certain pill late at night.
in my area they do on local tv paid programs lol
Old 04-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #14
Series3Sub

As CoxInPHX says, and only Showcases. However, I noticed that TiVo (Teleworld Paid Programmng) only airs for a 30 minute block, not the 1 hour it used to. Further, it seems TiVo has very little Showcase material these days as the full content is complete in about 6-10 minutes. Then they will repeat it. Then run the TiVo info videos. Then repeat the same Showcase content again. Some Showcase content is repeated THREE times in the 30 minutes. In other words, they are filling up the 30 minute block with far more repeating of the same material aired just 5 minutes ago along with running almost ANY sort of filler like TiVo how to videos more than they ever used to. It is a good questions to consider how much longer TiVo will continue with this method of delivery. Actually, servers are cheaper, but a fair number of broadband impaired TiVo owners would not get the Showcases and that would affect how much TiVo charges advertisers access to their TiVo subscribers.
Series3Sub is offline   Reply With Quote