Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #31
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan View Post
I agree, but I did get a kick out of the way you phrased it.
JFC I didn't realize I did that. PUN NOT INTENDED GUYS!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #32
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
... what's her game with Sansa? Is she being sincere with her? I just don't know. Sansa's face surely lit up at the thought of marrying Loras and heading off to Highgarden. Little does she know she's not his type!
I think she just did her grandmother's bidding (Oleena?). Varys and Oleena agreed on the plan to thwart Littlefinger (Sansa is promised to Loras) and Margery was sent to talk to Sansa.

Here's what I think: the promise to Loras is a hoax. It just needs to work long enough for Sansa to refuse to leave with Littlefinger.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #33
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

oh, yeah...question:

Were we supposed to recognize the leader if the Brotherhood Without Banners?

Cause if we were, I did not!

The only person I remember losing an eye was Ned's first in command, who was stabbed in the eye by Jaime. But that guy was KILLED by being stabbed in the eye by Jaime.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #34
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I think she just did her grandmother's bidding (Oleena?). Varys and Oleena agreed on the plan to thwart Littlefinger (Sansa is promised to Loras) and Margery was sent to talk to Sansa.

Here's what I think: the promise to Loras is a hoax. It just needs to work long enough for Sansa to refuse to leave with Littlefinger.
Why would Highgarden not want to marry Sansa to Loras?

Although the move is to thwart Littlefinger, think about what marrying Sansa to Loras means.

If Robb is defeated, and Bran and Rickon are believed to be dead, who inherits Winterfell? If Sansa is Mrried to Loras Tyrell and he can at least manage to get her pregnant, Highgarden has just gained the north their power base.

Remember, EVERYONE in Westoros wants MOAR!
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #35
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

So what does Samwell think he's going to do with Gilly and the baby? If he runs south, with he be able to get past the wall? If he stays north, will he be able to avoid the White Walkers?

I love that Brienne has developed some true respect/admiration for Jaime. Their relationship is by far the most interesting on the show.

So what were we supposed to understand from Bran's dream where Jojen tells him he has to go after the three-eyed raven?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #36
TriBruin

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I agree. I'm just saying that I don't see it. Sansa would be, at best, a bargaining chip. But she is also one that the Lannisters hold very dear; as it is their only path to getting Jaime back. Stealing Sansa away from Tywin would be a very very very bad move for Littlefinger right now.
Right now everyone assumes that Bran & Rickon are dead at Winterfell (either by Theon's hand or the ransacking of Winterfell.) If Robb were be killed, Sansa would be the next in line to rule Winterfell. If Littlefinger were to have a son with Sansa, the son woudl then be the rightful heir as Lord of Winterfell. Of course dear old dad would be running the shows for many years (much as Ceceri rules for Joeffry.)

Littlefinger also (slight spoiler from the book as I don't think this has been made obvious yet in the show):

Spoiler:
sees a lot of what he loved in Kat in the growing Sansa. He is putting his life long love for Kat in to Sansa.

TriBruin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #37
john4200

Quote:
The only person I remember losing an eye was Ned's first in command, who was stabbed in the eye by Jaime. But that guy was KILLED by being stabbed in the eye by Jaime.
Beric Dondarrion? Looks a lot like him. Are you sure he is dead?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #38
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
He got a long knife through his eye and into his brain. There was no further mention that I recall of him surviving. But I could be wrong.

So the question remains: are we supposed to know who he is? If so, who the hell is he?!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #39
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
soooooooooo

I didn't know who he was either, figured we weren't meant to know but

Spoiler:
IMDB says you're correct that it's Beric so clearly Jaime did not kill him. Wow. Now I want to go back and watch that scene again.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #40
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

So it's the same guy?

is he played by the same actor?

Why didn't Arya recognize him, then?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #41
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I saw the name Beric Dondarrion in the closed captions

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #42
john4200

Quote:
He got a long knife through his eye and into his brain.
Daenerys was consumed by flames in a fire but she is not dead.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #43
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Daenerys was consumed by flames in a fire but she is not dead.
I'm not disputing that. I assumed he was dead. I can easily be wrong. I just want to make sure we agree who this person is.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #44
cherry ghost

Quote:

So the question remains: are we supposed to know who he is? If so, who the hell is he?!
We saw him briefly in Season 1. Ned sent him out with a group to hunt down The Mountain, Gregor Clegane. I think it's a different actor.

ETA : It's a different actor than the one who played him in Season 1 Episode 6.

Last edited by cherry ghost : 04-22-2013 at 10:25 AM.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #45
smbaker

Quote:
First and foremost, I had a feeling exactly what Dany was going to do.
I knew that slave master guy was going to die as soon as soon as I saw him cursing Dany in a language she "couldn't understand". From the moment she tried to feed that crucified slave water, I knew she was going to liberate the city. When she agree to give up her dragon, I knew she wasn't really going to give up her dragon. If only her two knights would have had more faith in her! This episode was great payoff.

My only question was that she commanded the unsullied to kill all the masters, but not any of their children. With all of the men and some of the women dead, who is going to feed that city? Who is going to protect them from the next band of marauders or looters?

What kind of an idiot sells his entire army to someone who seeks to use that army for conquest? I didn't find this bit plausible. There would be a policy of never selling more soldiers than you could defend against.

Quote:
Okay next you have to know I did the big WTF IS GOING ON HERE with Theon. So did dude (I know this has to be the bastard now, IMDB has him credited as Ramsay Snow? I thought it was Ramsay Bolton?)
"Snow" seems to be the common surname given to bastards. It was explained in S1, IIRC in the discussion Jon Snow had with Tryrion.

Maybe the bastard had some friends among the people that Theon slayed at winterfell. He does seem to be taking this personally. In addition to dispatching some of his own men for unknown purposes, the ruse did allow him to be the hero who captured Theon, perhaps elevating his position.

I just wonder what he's going to do to prevent Theon from talking. Jaime lost his hand. Could theon lose his tongue?

I also keep in mind there was a faceless man in S2 and keep wondering if that guy is going to pop back up sometime, and what he may look like.

Quote:
Okay I'm sorry. I cannot help it. I'm rooting for Jaime to somehow get the upper hand and slay those jerks that cut his hand off, kicked him while he was literally covered in dirt on the ground and fed him piss.
I was wondering 1) why they were carrying around a canteen full of horse piss, and 2) which unfortunate one of his men was in charge of collecting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubys
He got a long knife through his eye and into his brain. There was no further mention that I recall of him surviving. But I could be wrong.
When did this happen? I clearly remember Ned Stark sending him and that I was glad The Mountain was going to be taken out, but I don't recall ever hearing what happened to the men who were sent.

Last edited by smbaker : 04-22-2013 at 10:30 AM.
smbaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #46
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
but what's her game with Sansa? Is she being sincere with her? I just don't know.
Easy, Sansa marries Loras, creating an alliance between the Starks and the Tyrells. Margery marries Joffrey creating an alliance between the Baratheon/Lannisters and Tyrells, this makes the Tyrells the linchpin that could hold Westeros together.

Quote:
Sansa's face surely lit up at the thought of marrying Loras and heading off to Highgarden.
I'm sure Sansa would light up at anything that got her out of King's Landing. and IIRC Loras was nice to her (or at least not nasty)

Quote:
Little does she know she's not his type!
She does seem to be "Unlucky in Love"
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #47
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBruin View Post
Littlefinger also (slight spoiler from the book as I don't think this has been made obvious yet in the show):

Spoiler:
sees a lot of what he loved in Kat in the growing Sansa. He is putting his life long love for Kat in to Sansa.
Spoiler:
They haven't come out and said it as much, but it is definitely hinted, Littlefinger has made several referenced to Kat being the love of his life

tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #48
smbaker

I wonder if Loras' "type" is whatever benefits house Tyrell at the moment.
smbaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #49
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:

How can they possibly even get Sansa promised to Loras without communication to Robb? It is not like Sansa has any say in the matter.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #50
mwhip
All better

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
How can they possibly even get Sansa promised to Loras without communication to Robb? It is not like Sansa has any say in the matter.
At this point I don't think anyone really cares what Rob wants. Sansa would care but she is not allowed to talk to him.

I can't wait to see Cersei and Tywin's faces when they learn about Jaime's sword hand.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #51
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post
When did this happen? I clearly remember Ned Stark sending him and that I was glad The Mountain was going to be taken out, but I don't recall ever hearing what happened to the men who were sent.
Right after the Lannisters found out that Cat kidnapped Tyrion, Jaime surrounded Ned and his men coming out of (maybe wrong here) Littlefinger's house. I think Ned might have been investigating one of the King's bastards. Jaime demanded Tyrion is given back. Ned's man tried to fight Jaime but Jaime surprised him with a hidden knife in the eye.

Ned and Jaime then had a sword fight that was interrupted by one of Jaime's men stabbing Ned from the back with a spear (in the leg), much to Jaime's chagrin.

I don't recall Ned's guy surviving. but clearly, he did. If so, someone posted that it's a different actor playing the role; which explains why I do not recognize him.

Still, Arya should have recognized him!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #52
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
At this point I don't think anyone really cares what Rob wants.
Most people don't care what Rob posts, either!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #53
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
I think the important thing is to make sure Sansa doesn't get on the boat with Littlefinger. This is now accomplished.

Sansa has been in lust with Loras since he gave her that rose at the jousting tournament (something that Loras has zero recollection of).
Old 04-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #54
Vendikarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
At this point I don't think anyone really cares what Rob wants. Sansa would care but she is not allowed to talk to him.

I can't wait to see Cersei and Tywin's faces when they learn about Jaime's sword hand.
Given that Sansa's family is in insurrection against the crown, they have little to say. Sansa, although in actuality a hostage, is probably considered a ward of the crown. Convince Cersei or Tywin the match is a good idea and that is probably all they need.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #55
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
...I think that was Lady Olenna's idea, it was pretty obvious that's what she and Varis were talking about as they wandered the grounds.
A real hoot was as she mentioned that they don't have the functioning parts, Varys looked down to see if his were still gone.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #56
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE_NJX View Post
Why is he jerking off the dragon?
Because the stage hands are pulling up the other end of the chain.

So Sansa is being pulled in three directions. Jeffy wants her in Kings Landing as mistress. Margery wants her to go to the Tyrrells. Littlefinger wants her - I say, so he can force his long lusted for Catlyn to marry him.

I say that Tyrion should marry her to screw up everybody's plans.

I'm guessing we're going to see an epic battle between The Hound and his brother, The Mountain. The Mountain can cheat by swinging a torch.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #57
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Because the stage hands are pulling up the other end of the chain.

So Sansa is being pulled in three directions. Jeffy wants her in Kings Landing as mistress. Margery wants her to go to the Tyrrells. Littlefinger wants her - I say, so he can force his long lusted for Catlyn to marry him.

I say that Tyrion should marry her to screw up everybody's plans.

I'm guessing we're going to see an epic battle between The Hound and his brother, The Mountain. The Mountain can cheat by swinging a torch.
Hmmm.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #58
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I'm not sure about the assertion that Joffrey wanting Sansa for a mistress. LF alluded to Joffrey not letting go of his toys; but that was just to frighten her into thinking of him as her savior.

At this point, it seems that Sansa is nothing to Joffrey (other than as a hostage).
Old 04-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #59
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Jeffy wants her in Kings Landing as mistress.
Have we seen this? If so I must have gotten totally zoomed.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #60
Shaunnick

Unless the show runners have decided to do something different, the guy Jaime stabbed in the eye from the first season was not Beric Dondarrion.

Beric Dondarrion is seen briefly in the scene when Ned is sitting on the Iron Throne and orders the Mountain brought to justice. This is AFTER Ned gets skewered and Beric has both eyes and no scars.