Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Error S03 coming up

I have been trying to update info and as it goes thru the process it keeps ending with failed- error S03.

I found a help section (not here) that said to do a "kickstart" - unplug, replug and hold the pause button till the light is yellow. Then a green screen comes on and starts working on things.

I did all this, got things back to a restart and when I went to connect and update info, it stopped during 'downloading' and gave me the same error message.

I am wondering if this means my TiVo is fried?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I found a great thread that explains some of the kickstarts and will read that. Maybe a call to TiVo support tomorrow night.

I did just have the TiVo cleaned by an electronics restoration company after my furnace went 'poof' and soot got all over the house. Interestingly the tv that was connected to this TiVo was said by them to not be restorable. I will be calling that company tomorrow also. Maybe there is a new TiVo in sight (which would actually make me sad because this one has sentimental value. I bought it from sushikitten who got it from JustAllie - and there are a couple of her shows still on there). Maybe it's time to just consider a TiVo mini.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"

Last edited by betts4 : 04-21-2013 at 08:54 PM.
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
genebopp

Just unplug the tuning adapter for a day. It will fix itself. Tomorrow do a manual connect, it will be successful, plug the TA back in and you will be fine.... till next time. Search a little if you want to know why.
genebopp is offline   Reply With Quote