TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #1
Gadfly

Is Comcast on Demand working for anybody?

The premier that is hosting the mini works with Comcast on Demand just fine. I am using 1Gbps Ethernet for connecting Mini to my home network.

The first time I tried Comcast On Demand on the mini, it listed the shows just fine but when I tried to play one, I got an error that it has run into some error and I should try later. (no, I did not write down the error).

Just to make sure On Demand is working, I went to premier, watched a couple on Demand shows and then came back to mini and this time I can't even get the listings. I get an error with some reference what seems to be a server address with some TiVo and Comcast in the name. And then it asks me to call my service provider.

But knowing how clueless Comcast tech support is, I am not going to bother. They are going to ask me if I have a Comcast DVR and claim that I must have a Comcast DVR in order to get on Demand and I am sure they have not heard of Mini.

So, anybody got their mini working with On Demand?
Gadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:48 AM   #2
Gadfly

Ok, so I tried again and it went back to the first error I was getting after choosing a show to watch.

Service Error
We're sorry. We cannot process your order at this time.
Please try again. If problem persists please call
1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489). Reference (SRM-*) when
calling. The local code is (tivocrd-cmc-a2p.comcast.com).

It's almost 3 AM. I will call them tomorrow even though I have very little hope Comcast would be of any help.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
muerte33

I gave up waiting for them to enable Xfinity Ondemand on my Tivo Premiere XL4 in my area, and bought a Rikomagic MK802IIIS off ebay.
This device runs Android 4.1.1
I then installed the Comcast XFINITY TV app on it, and I now have Comcast Ondemand!
muerte33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by muerte33 View Post
I gave up waiting for them to enable Xfinity Ondemand on my Tivo Premiere XL4 in my area, and bought a Rikomagic MK802IIIS off ebay.
I then installed the Comcast XFINITY TV app on it, and I now have Comcast Ondemand!
Not sure what that has to do with the issue here but Someone in another post did have there On demand working
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
jmpage2

I just tested it, and it works fine.

Do you have a tuner allocated for your Minis? I expect you need one since the stream is actually coming from your 4-tuner TiVo. The Mini itself is not getting on demand directly, it is simply pulling it via your TiVo that has a Comcast cable card. It may or may not need a tuner slot to send this to the Mini.

Also, verify that On Demand is working on the main TiVo. If you haven't used On Demand in a while, the TiVo needs to go out and re-authenticate with Comcast for On Demand. In my case, I had not used On Demand in quite a while, and when watching a show I would see the error you reported for just a second and then the On Demand menu would come up and everything worked normally.
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
Gadfly

You were right. It needed a tuner assigned which I didn't bother to do because I have a Tivo HD sitting next to where the Mini is.

I am getting another Mini for my office (no Tivo there) and I had to assign a tuner for remote live viewing anyway. I assume as long as I don't use both Minis for something that needs a tuner (live tv or on-demand) -at the same time-, I should be fine. Right?
Old 03-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
jmpage2

Yes, that is how I would expect it to work.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
SMcCormack

Works fine here (I have a tuner assigned to the mini) but I have noticed that Comcast frequently has outages in the middle of the night with the on-demand feature. The error on the tivo doesn't provide enough info to diagnose and I'll bet the tech support at comcast doesn't have the ability to shed any light on it but I suspect either they are doing maintenance or there are so many people using on-demand at that moment there are no channels available.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #9
jmpage2

He didn't have a tuner on his elite available for remote viewing, that's why it wasn't working.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #10
tivoboy

I'm having this exact problem. The On demand works fine on the XL4 in the LR, but the mini in the BR throws exactly the same error as Gadfly up above,

Anyone know how to either reset or re-enable it on the tivo mini?
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
Gadfly

Do you have a tuner allocated to mini? In my case allocating a tuner solved the problem.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #12
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Sometimes I've had to back out of the On Demand and go back in once or twice to get it to actually start streaming the show. Once, I had to actually reboot my XL4 to get it to work again.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #13
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Quote:
That would be perfect... if they allowed all of the shows to stream through apps. Streaming is still missing all of the big networks, as well as lots of other stuff.. supposedly they are in the middle of negotiating with all of the networks to remove the restriction.

Hell, they own NBC, and although it recently showed up in the app, theres just a bunch of crap in there. Though, I guess some would argue most of their shows are crap! lol
Old 04-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #14
tivoboy

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
Do you have a tuner allocated to mini? In my case allocating a tuner solved the problem.
yes, I have one tuner allocated to the mini
Old 04-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #15
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

As noted in the thread in the main forum, Xfinity on Demand appears to be down right now.

Last edited by lgnad : 04-21-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #16
supasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnad View Post
As noted in the thread in the main forum, Xfinity on Demand appears to be down right now.
No issues here.

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #17
zalusky

Never had a problem and we have doing quite a bit lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #18
BetterYeti
Looks like chicken.

Was working Saturday, but stopped yesterday. From other thread, seems mostly Boston area, but not exclusively. I'm just outside Boston. Comcast is clueless about it.
BetterYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #19
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

yay! its back up for me now finally... on the south shore.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #20
Bigg

Quote:
That's a different service with a subset of the content available through the real XOD. My SA system doesn't have XOD, and the show about the '80s that was on Nat Geo recently is available on real XOD, but not online. So TPB it is. A few hours later, I've got it. Way to go Comcast! At least my torrent downloads are ridonkulously fast on Comcast!
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #21
tivoboy

Well, I've discovered a way to at least get it working on the MINI. IF I have the problem on the mini, which is the one described above, all I need to do is head over to the XL4 and run ondemand from that device, and then the mini no longer has problems streaming ondemand.

Now, that's not the way it's SUPPOSED to work and "Tivo" has "never heard" of this problem - at least their support reps haven't. But, if I have the problem, restarting ANY ondemand on the XL4 gets it working again on the mini.

I'm pretty sure it's an authentication error. The mini gets it's authentication form the CableCard in the XL4 and maybe either that card hasn't authenticated recently, or the mini can't parse the XL4 authentication easily and so has to have it refreshed.

Hopefully, they will get it sorted since it's ANNOYING.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #22
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
Well, I've discovered a way to at least get it working on the MINI. IF I have the problem on the mini, which is the one described above, all I need to do is head over to the XL4 and run ondemand from that device, and then the mini no longer has problems streaming ondemand.

Now, that's not the way it's SUPPOSED to work and "Tivo" has "never heard" of this problem - at least their support reps haven't. But, if I have the problem, restarting ANY ondemand on the XL4 gets it working again on the mini.

I'm pretty sure it's an authentication error. The mini gets it's authentication form the CableCard in the XL4 and maybe either that card hasn't authenticated recently, or the mini can't parse the XL4 authentication easily and so has to have it refreshed.

Hopefully, they will get it sorted since it's ANNOYING.
I just tried OD (from Comcast) from my Mini (never used it before from the Mini) worked without problems for me.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #23
splintersam

Thumbs down

I haven't ever been able to get the On Demand to work on the Tivo in my area.
splintersam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #24
hershey4

not working from me on the mini

I got App not available V301 error on the Mini even though VOD was showing on the P4. After reading this thread, I tried again on the P4 and now (for the first time ever) I get the error message noted at the beginning of this thread on the P4.

I have a feeling this is not going to go well :-(. It was all good pre-Mini and pre-Moca that I just did today. Will try again later.

And yes, I allocated one tuner to the Mini. Maybe it needs 2? One for live buffering and one for dedicated VOD?

Last edited by hershey4 : 09-13-2013 at 03:50 PM.
hershey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #25
Bigg

Mine was working for a while, and now it's not. I get the GSM4 error or something like that. I don't know why Comcast keeps messing it up...
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #26
Shanezam203

What a Mess. I got the email from Tivo which was nice stating Comcast Xfinity on Demand is now supported on my Tivo Premiere. I was told I need to have Comcast refresh my Cable Card, so I called Comcast and they have NO CLUE about their Cable Cards.

Another tech refreshed my services, still no On Demand.
They said I need a new Cable Card, they have 10 available @ my local Comcast service center.
I went there, they switched my working Cable Card with the SAME model, and she was clueless.

Now I am back home and guy is directing me back to service center, A. they are now closed and B. they were useless there.

any thoughts what I need to do to get Xfinity on Demand working on my Tivo Premier?
Shanezam203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #27
jrtroo
User

It sounds like you are calling the normal 800 number. Don't do that.

Call the cablecard hotline. Not the normal csrs.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #28
jmpage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanezam203 View Post
What a Mess. I got the email from Tivo which was nice stating Comcast Xfinity on Demand is now supported on my Tivo Premiere. I was told I need to have Comcast refresh my Cable Card, so I called Comcast and they have NO CLUE about their Cable Cards.

Another tech refreshed my services, still no On Demand.
They said I need a new Cable Card, they have 10 available @ my local Comcast service center.
I went there, they switched my working Cable Card with the SAME model, and she was clueless.

Now I am back home and guy is directing me back to service center, A. they are now closed and B. they were useless there.

any thoughts what I need to do to get Xfinity on Demand working on my Tivo Premier?
Have you read the page of posts before yours? There is tons of info on what people have done to fix this.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #29
Shanezam203

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
Have you read the page of posts before yours? There is tons of info on what people have done to fix this.
What needs to be done, I just read through and still am unsure.
I only have 1 Tivo Premier HD with a multi tuner cable card. Does Comcast need to do anything, when I go to channel 1 it says Xfinity on Demand on my Tivo, but no picture is loaded like in the past.
Shanezam203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #30
jmpage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanezam203 View Post
What needs to be done, I just read through and still am unsure.
I only have 1 Tivo Premier HD with a multi tuner cable card. Does Comcast need to do anything, when I go to channel 1 it says Xfinity on Demand on my Tivo, but no picture is loaded like in the past.
Have a look at this thread, towards the end, there are several people who had the problem you report and were able to resolve it. I got the two threads mixed up.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...8&goto=newpost