TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #361
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Series3 still has problems

I don't think I was having these problems back when the other units had theirs. I didn't notice my Series2 having a lack of Suggestions (but it sits mostly full), but my Series3 had been retaining deleted recordings far longer than expected and no new Suggestions for an indeterminate amount of time (est. 2-3 months). Yesterday I manually purged all the deleted recordings.

I looked at the menu option and saw for the first time an ability to list what shows had thumbs registered. I used it and could only see the first page of shows. Going to the second page, all the entries other than the first (carried over from the last entry from the first page) were blank. I can page through more blank pages but not necessarily page back upwards.

It's been years since I've seen that kind of glitch in the UI. Not quite as weird as a list that had one blinking entry for "Medium" though. That was creepy.

▘▘▀▌▌▘▀▘▌▘▀▘▙▌▐▖▙▘▙▌▌▘▙▘▙▘▟▘
▛▌▛▌▛▌▙▌▛▌▟▖▌▘▛▌▞▌▌▘▌▖▞▌▞▌▟▘

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.
HTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:06 AM   #362
winddomino

i've had this tivo for almost a year and the deleted items go away by themselves, as new suggestions get recorded. this is not happening any more.

multiple calls to tivo.
multiple restarts.
clearing of the thumbs up recommendations.

i used to get 10-20 suggestions recorded every day. now one every day or two if that.

shouldnt it be permanently deleting the items to make room for suggestions?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:19 AM   #363
HTH
No Avatar Selected

I just remembered something: the failure of Suggestions started after adding a Switched Digital Video box to the Series3 (though I don't think it was immediate).

Also, some days I come home from work and find the Series3 awake from Standby telling me it just noticed that I have a SDV box. It hasn't outright failed to record any SDV channel lately or lose total access to all SDV channels (which required manual restarting of the SDV box when that used to happen), but I'm still hurting for some episodes missed because of it to repeat.

Series3, two CableCards, SDV box, Time-Warner Cable in the Lincoln, NE market (already infamous as being one of the beta-testing markets that brought the rest of you the Mystro cable-box software which is incompatible with TiVos changing channels precisely on time).

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #364
evanborkow

I also think it has something to do with the sdv tuning adapter.
evanborkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:53 AM   #365
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Well, what do you know, I come home from work yesterday and find a suggestion recording. I watch it and see another recording immediately after it. This morning, noted evidence the TiVo had rebooted (THX on wake) and two more suggestions recorded. Version is 11.0d-01-2-648.

Review Thumbs though is still glitching after the first screenful.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:45 PM   #366
compuboy04

This issue started for me about 2 days ago. Have tried reboots and cleariung to-do. Tivo support is no help. Anyone have any recent updates?
compuboy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:01 PM   #367
MirclMax
Ancient Member

If you don't mind .. I'd appreciate it if those of you following this thread would jump over to http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...d.php?t=431102

In particular I would just like to hear about the system configurations of those who are and aren't having problems. Focusing on perhaps if the addition of the Tuning Adapter is hindering the processing of Suggestions ..

Please look at the thread if you are or aren't having the issue.. I'd love to hear from everyone and see if we can find some commonalities that we can get TiVo to focus on.

Thanks.

If you find something I have said helpful, please return the favor by helping someone else.
MirclMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:01 AM   #368
archangel323

I'm having the problems described already...no suggestions....blank pages on thumb ratings screen when i should be seeing hundreds of ratings

Seems to coincide with the installation of my tuning adapter last week.
Series3
software version 11.0d-01-2-648
cablevision with cisco tuning adapter

I have another series 3 in my bedroom that is currently working perfectly. I have a tuning adapter that i have yet to install. I'll post an update after the install.
archangel323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #369
noic
TiVo Novice

TiVo Premier Not Recording Suggestions Info

I haven't had a suggestion recorded in a few months. I have tried everything. I have called TiVo Support at least four times. We have turned off suggestions, rebooted, turned on suggestions, and rebooted. We have wiped the Thums Up & Down cache. We have done a complete wipe and re-inserted all Seasons Passes. I have replaced my Cable Company Tuning Adapter. I have even disconnected the Tuning Adapter (which of course limits access to some channels) and STILL NO SUGGESTIONS. I'm going to give them a little longer and then I'm going really complain. I have an extended warranty, but I think the same thing will happen if they replace the unit and I'd probably get a refurbishied one anyway. I have an old Sony Series 2 in the bedroom that is about 10 years old. It works fine and records suggestions with no problem so it must be the Premier software. Pretty sad!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
noic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #370
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noic View Post
I haven't had a suggestion recorded in a few months. I have tried everything. I have called TiVo Support at least four times. We have turned off suggestions, rebooted, turned on suggestions, and rebooted. We have wiped the Thums Up & Down cache. We have done a complete wipe and re-inserted all Seasons Passes. I have replaced my Cable Company Tuning Adapter. I have even disconnected the Tuning Adapter (which of course limits access to some channels) and STILL NO SUGGESTIONS. I'm going to give them a little longer and then I'm going really complain. I have an extended warranty, but I think the same thing will happen if they replace the unit and I'd probably get a refurbishied one anyway. I have an old Sony Series 2 in the bedroom that is about 10 years old. It works fine and records suggestions with no problem so it must be the Premier software. Pretty sad!
It's the tuning adapter. Take a look at this thread. Follow the suggestions laid forth within.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=500408

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #371
noic
TiVo Novice

Tuning Adapter Fix Doesn't Solve...

Thank you for the response. I read the thread you suggested. Unfortunatley most of it does not apply. For example:

My Tuning adapter worked for months after I received it allowing all suggestions to record. (So that in itself cannot be the problem)

Recently I went to the cable company got a replacement Tuning Adapter. (The problem still exists)

I completely disconnected the Tuning Adapter. (Still no suggestions)

When I go to the Suggestiions List it does not build.

At times you can see a suggestion recording. (If you go to it and try to play, it just bongs and will not play...As soon as it is done it disappears)

I beleive it is a problem with the last update because, as I said, it worked for months after the TA was installed.

noic is offline   Reply With Quote