TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
aaronwt
HD Addict

Anyone run into this issue with the Mini?

Last night I had a few minutes of the buffer that would not go away. It was from another channel. So if I tried to change channels, it would always start at the beginning of this stuck buffer, then when it would get to the end it would jump back to the beginning of the buffer but would be showing the channel it was on. The buffer would never increase in size.

I first tried rebooting the Mini and it didn't help. Then I went to the Elite and told it not to share any tuners. So I then changed all tuners to a different channel to reset the buffers. Which they were. I then rebooted the Mini again. Then I shared the one tuner from the Elite again and when I looked at the Mini I still had that few minutes of buffer stuck again.

The only thing that fixed this buffer issue was to reboot the Elite. Once it came back up everything was fine. I have not seen this before.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt : 04-11-2013 at 04:04 PM.
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
retiredqwest

This happened to me last night..

At around 11PM the mini was showing a newscast from a different channel from 5:30AM. I rebooted the mini... still the same..... hard rebooted the XL4 and it is now working correctly. I didn't reboot the mini after I rebooted the XL4. The mini is in our bedroom so it doesn't see a lot of usage.

I'm not 100% sold on the mini when I see crap like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Last night I had a few minutes of the buffer that would not go away. It was from another channel. So if I tried to change channels, it would always start at the beginning of this stuck buffer, then when it would get to the end it would jump back to the beginning of the buffer but would be showing the channel it was on. The buffer would never increase in size.

I first tried rebooting the Mini and it didn't help. Then I went to the Elite and told it not to share any tuners. So I then changed all tuners to a different channel to reset the buffers. Which they were. I then rebooted the Mini again. Then I shared the one tuner from the Elite again and when I looked at the Mini I still had that few minutes of buffer stuck again.

The only thing that fixed this buffer issue was to reboot the Elite. Once it came back up everything was fine. I have not seen this before.

THD 1.5TB Seagate = 237 hrs HD
Premiere WD20EVDS = 317 hrs HD.
XL4 = 318 hrs HD
retiredqwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredqwest View Post
This happened to me last night..

At around 11PM the mini was showing a newscast from a different channel from 5:30AM. I rebooted the mini... still the same..... hard rebooted the XL4 and it is now working correctly. I didn't reboot the mini after I rebooted the XL4. The mini is in our bedroom so it doesn't see a lot of usage.

I'm not 100% sold on the mini when I see crap like this.
Any idea how many seconds the XL4 had been in use with the Mini when it cropped up? Mine was around 3.3 million seconds. No idea if that might be an indicator, but I am going to be looking closely at mine again when it gets over 3 million seconds of uptime again.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote