TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
triftraf

Question Occasional pixelation & audio drop out on 1 channel

Curious if anyone has suggestions. 3 Tivos (1 TiVo HD, 1 Elite, 1 Premiere) all started showing occasional pixelation and audio drop out on 1 single channel (653 which is the local NBC affiliate). I have not seen the problem on any other channels. It only happens randomly and usually several minutes apart...

When the pixelation/audio drop out event happens - it is the same moment on ALL 3 TiVos.

Comcast has been out - found no problems with signal or interference. Told me to try their DVR for a day to see if it happens with it. I do NOT see the problem on their DVR....

They say they are going to come back out and change the cablecards - but I find that hard to believe that all 3 cablecards started having the problem???

Any suggestions?
triftraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
triftraf

Update. Comcast has sent another technician who checked everything and can't find a problem. They did replace all my cable cards. Still a problem.

However, I did notice today that the "randomness" doesn't appear to be random - it actually happens like a heartbeat every 1 minute.

Comcast blames TiVo. I've now worked with TiVo support and they found no issues on their side either...

Anybody here have suggestions?

I've unplugged wireless router - in case that could be interfering. Still happens.
I've tried component cables instead of hdmi. Still happens.
Tried rebooting TiVos. Still happens.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
RusRus

I've had a similar experience but very, very short bursts of pixelations. And my channel also is my local NBC affiliate. It seems that it may be the network feed causing it. My signal is OTA. Maybe more will chime in.
RusRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
triftraf

I also do not see the "hiccup" when just connecting the tv to the comcast signal and watching 9.1 (I have no antenna) -- which is the HD equivalent of 653 -- which comcast still appears to be delivering unencrypted in my area...
Old 05-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
BGiceman

I am having the exact same problem as tirftraf has described it.

Same 1 minute interval on channel 653, occurring on multiple Tivo boxes with Comcast.

Very frustrating. Has anyone determined what the issue is or how to fix it?
BGiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
triftraf

My issue was fixed late last week. I noticed it being fixed (without a peep from them) and contacted the tech operations supervisor that the technicians had put me in touch with. All she provided was:
I had the accounts people look at your house

When I asked what that meant - I was told:
The rates on your account back office stuff

So who knows - but looks like it definitely was a Comcast issue...

If you've gone through some techs coming to your house to rule out any other issue - you may want to try sending an email to: We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

If you happen to be in Denver - send me a private message and I'll get you the contact info for the tech supervisor that helped me.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
BGiceman

Thanks for the info.

I had Comcast scheduled to come out when I found your original posting and decided to cancel in hopes that I could save myself some time and headache with cable card replacement etc.

I do live in the Denver area, however it doesn't look like I'm allowed by the forum to respond via PM. I'll try emailing comcast first.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #8
Gus321

Exact same issue in Boulder - thanks for posting. Any more detail on how to get the issue identified properly at Comcast? So far they have been transferring me to Tivo customer support. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Gus321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
EdH

I have a similar problem on Comcast. Not just one channel and far less frequently than once per minute. I suspect it's a problem with the feed from the network or cable channel.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #10
triftraf

Gus & BG - I've sent you both private messages with the comcast rep I've worked with.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #11
triftraf

If you are having the same issue -- Comcast folks suggested:
I would probably advise to have them escalate their issue up to addressability.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #12
Gus321

Quote:
Originally Posted by triftraf View Post
Gus & BG - I've sent you both private messages with the comcast rep I've worked with.
Thanks very much. Very generous of you to help. I now know it must be network related - every 60 seconds like clockwork. Only on 653. Just started a week or so ago and hits both Tivos but not the TV with a Comcast box.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #13
Gus321

Fixed this week with an email to We_Can_Help(at)cable.comcast.com.

The email was eventually forwarded to engineering and "addressability" seems to be the fix category.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #14
BGiceman

My issues were resolved over the weekend as well. I was told that "it appears equipment had to be reset".