TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #121
DUDE_NJX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
.... You know that the group of men who were going to rape Theon is different from the group of men who were going to rape Brienne, right?
No, I don't. Do you?
DUDE_NJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #122
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Android stick?

I have all the other devices. Roku being directly hooked to my TV is the best option normally, but, no DirecTV support

My Android Tablet or iPad could be hooked to the TV I suppose if I wanted to watch bad enough. I have the adapters. Still easier to watch the other methods. Besides, I come here and let you guys clear up the confusion...although....sometimes you guys confuse me more!!
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=499412
Certainly more capable than Apple TV.

The choice of HBO GO platform isn't going to fix the problem with DevilTV not wanting you to have any technology from this decade.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #123
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE_NJX View Post
No, I don't. Do you?
My impression is that it's not the same collection of individuals and that the people were captured in different geographic locations.

Whether or not the groups are under the control of the same faction, I don't think that's been revealed to us.
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #124
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post
My impression is that it's not the same collection of individuals and that the people were captured in different geographic locations.
Yes, and hundreds of miles apart.

Dude is obvious just a racist who thinks that all scruffy white guys in ragged clothes raping people out in the woods look alike.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #125
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
No, I don't. Do you?
The show would have made quite clear if those stories were taking place in the same locale. We have zero reason to believe they are connected.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #126
billypritchard
Embiggener

Or what King Robb said.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #127
stellie93

Quote:
There was another woman there that looked like Cat. One more sister?
I noticed that too--weird they would get someone who looked like family to stand there if it wasn't someone we should know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
btw, I noticed that the guy who got to keep harrenhall is the father of the bastard that was sent to free Winterfell. If this guy has a long game, he is certainly getting his pieces in order to make a move!
Roose Bolton is at Harrenhal now, but I don't know that anyone said he could keep it. Of course, getting him out of there might be more trouble than it's worth if Rob wins the war. Who held Harrenhal at the beginning of all this? Was it empty? Everybody seems to be promising it to someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
.... You know that the group of men who were going to rape Theon is different from the group of men who were going to rape Brienne, right?
Do we have any idea who the men who were going to rape Theon were?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I had forgotten that Simon from Misfits had been cast for Game of Thrones, and for some reason I didn't recognize him last episode. So cool to see him! (Theon's rescuer).
Do you happen to know the name of the character he was cast to play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
When Jamie said that Brienne is of the "Sapphire House of Tarth" was that all B.S.?
]
Someone said that Tarth is called the sapphire isle because of the beautiful color of the water or something like that. Quick thinking on Jamie's part. Too bad he couldn't defend himself as well.

Last edited by stellie93 : 04-16-2013 at 02:43 PM.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #128
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

tee hee...now it's Rob and not Robb...Let's ban Rob to clear the confusion!

I think Cat figured she had lost the 2 boys and that made her even more desperate to save the 2 girls. Robb (2 Bs!) figures he won't lose hope for the boys until he knows for sure.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #129
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.

Quote:
If I could get HBOGO on my 46" flatscreen I might do that
I can't watch HBOGO on my 46" flat screen either.

But I can watch it on my 60" flat screen!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #130
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I noticed that too--weird they would get someone who looked like family to stand there if it wasn't someone we should know.

Roose Bolton is at Harrenhal now, but I don't know that anyone said he could keep it. Of course, getting him out of there might be more trouble than it's worth if Rob wins the war. Who held Harrenhal at the beginning of all this? Was it empty? Everybody seems to be promising it to someone.

Someone said that Tarth is called the sapphire isle because of the beautiful color of the water or something like that. Quick thinking on Jamie's part. Too bad he couldn't defend himself as well.

I'm still confused about the story about Bran and Rickon. I thought that Cat and Rob were told that they were killed and hung on the walls at Winterfell by Theon before it fell. Wasn't that why Cat was so determined to try to get the girls--she was grieving for the boys? So why are they thinking now that they could have escaped when it was burned?

Haven't you read the books?
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #131
stellie93

I'm very unobservant--I've read all 5 books and all these threads, and I never noticed that it was Robb. Even the first time Rob joked about it here, I didn't get it. This time I did and then promptly forgot when I wrote my post.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #132
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Haven't you read the books?
Yes. So?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #133
LordKronos

Quote:
We are fairly certain, but not 100%. They haven't said, but by connecting the dots:

1) Roose Bolton said he was going to send his son to Winterfell.
2) Robb said they could let the other Iron Islanders go, but not Theon
3) Theon was captured by some who put him on a giant X and tortured him.
4) Roose Bolton has an X on his chest plate, and there is a guy hanging upside down from that X

That's probably enough to figure it out, but to add to that,
5) At the end of the previous episode, Jamie identified the men who captured him and Brienne as "the flay men of house Bolton", and they were carrying a flag with an X on it

I think there is enough of a "Bolton = X = torture" connection to be fairly certain the Boltons had Theon.
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #134
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablemodem View Post
I can't watch HBOGO on my 46" flat screen either.

But I can watch it on my 60" flat screen!
Sucks to be me
Old 04-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #135
LordKronos

Quote:
I'm still confused about the story about Bran and Rickon. I thought that Cat and Rob were told that they were killed and hung on the walls at Winterfell by Theon before it fell. Wasn't that why Cat was so determined to try to get the girls--she was grieving for the boys? So why are they thinking now that they could have escaped when it was burned?
I'm just going from memory here, but I don't believe Robb would have had a way to find out. When Theon attacked, Lewin was able to send out a raven saying. Someone may also have been able to send out a raven letting Robb know about Roderick's beheading. But shortly after that, Theon has all the ravens killed. This took place before orphans were killed. I'm assuming with Winterfell under seige, they didn't just let people wander off, so there would have been no way to get that info to Robb at that point.

Also, even if that news of the burned orphans did make it, who is to say that someone in the other town (where the orphans came from) didn't send word to Robb that Theon was there looking for the Stark boys and took the orphans instead, and Robb can figure it out from there.
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #136
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
All we know is that it's the same group who had him captive and was torturing him in the last episode. We don't yet know who they are or who they are loyal to.

Quote:
IMDb just lists him as "Boy" so far. I'm guessing his identity is being kept secret because it will be a plot point when we find out who he is.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #137
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
No, I don't. Do you?
Of course they're different groups of men. Besides the fact that they were in completely different locations, they looked nothing alike (and one group was much larger in number than the other).

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post

Whether or not the groups are under the control of the same faction, I don't think that's been revealed to us.
I didn't get the impression from what he wrote that he was aware that they were different groups of men but that he thought they were possibly under the same faction, but if so, then that is a definite possibility. Although it still doesn't make sense that an entire faction of men (and bannermen) would as a whole find both Theon and Brienne "attractive", which is what he was said. After all, even the fact that they were going to rape them doesn't mean they found them attractive - it's just that any woman alone and unarmed is going to get raped in this era. As for Theon, well, we know that whoever is holding him is into sadistic acts, and raping him would be yet another one.

The group that hunted down and tried to rape Theon were most likely either Bolton men or (less likely) Iron Islanders, since those were the only two factions that we know of that were anywhere near Winterfell at the end of S2. We don't know exactly what went down in Winterfell after Theon's men knocked him out at the end of S2, but we do know that Roose Bolton lied to Robb about what happened re the fall of Winterfell - but we also don't know whether Roose did so intentionally, or if he was misled by Ramsay about what actually happened. So at this point, we can surmise that Theon is likely being held by either Bolton men (with or without the knoweledge of Roose Bolton, who is off with Robb) or by some faction of Greyjoy men. Based on what's happened to Theon thus far, it would seem more probable than not that he's being held by another faction of Bolton men (different from the ones who captured Jaime/Brienne).

As for Jaime/Brienne, they were definitely captured by Bolton bannermen.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #138
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Today is Oona's Grampa's* birthday!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2772105/bio

*Charlie Chaplin.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #139
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
5) At the end of the previous episode, Jamie identified the men who captured him and Brienne as "the flay men of house Bolton", and they were carrying a flag with an X on it
I believe that's the "Flayed Man" aka the sigil of Roose Bolton and his keep, The Dreadfort.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #140
cherry ghost

Quote:
Yes. So?

Spoiler:
Because your question about Bran and Rickon happened in the books but not on the show.

cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #141
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Spoiler:
Because your question about Bran and Rickon happened in the books but not on the show.
Spoiler:
Oh, sorry. I wondered about that, but then I thought I remembered Cat talking about them being gone and how much she hated Theon.... I must be confusing the 2.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #142
danterner
Not it!

Quote:

If I could get HBOGO on my 46" flatscreen I might do that Unfortunately, watching on my iPad just isn't a fulfilling experience when that big TV is staring me in the face Also unfortunately, is that my Roku, which has HBOGO, doesn't have it for DirecTV describers.
Hold the iPad right up to your nose, and it will seem just as big as your 46" viewed from a distance: :-P

Or (half-serious here) play it on your iPad with the volume off while you simultaneously watch it on your TV.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #143
stark

I have Comcast and can't use my Roku to play HBOGO either.

I can stream it through my son's XBox.
stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #144
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stark View Post
I have Comcast and can't use my Roku to play HBOGO either.

I can stream it through my son's XBox.
HBO Go works fine on Android, web, and Roku with my UVerse account.
UVerse and OTA

Old 04-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #145
stark

Comcast specifically blocks HBOGO on Roku. The Roku would work fine if I had a different cable provider.
stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #146
tigercat74
Lets go Bengals!!!!!

I also vote for the Xbox. Works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
tigercat74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #147
SoBelle0
What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post

I intentionally watch it on HBOGO, because the little memory prompts, photos of prior scenes, and maps at the bottom of the screen are invaluable. I'd be lost without them. The other bits, like mini interviews, I generally disregard.
I recall there being some mention of additional tidbits, etc way back when - and then I promptly forgot all about it!!
Great info, Dan! And now y'all say that airplay works, too? So excited!

I'm going to give it a go on my re-watch or during next week's ep.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #148
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stark View Post
Comcast specifically blocks HBOGO on Roku. The Roku would work fine if I had a different cable provider.
Sheesh. So Comcast has another aversion besides never letting you NOT see unsubscribed channels?

They can't abide you using watching else on your television, as with Hulu.
UVerse and OTA

Old 04-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #149
Jstkiddn

At least you guys can get HBOGo. My podunk cable company doesn't have it.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #150
mooseAndSquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Any archers here? How plausible is it that archer dude #2 hit the funeral boat on his first try when it was waaaaaaay down river? Is he Green Arrow's great, great, great, great grandfather? Also, was it alarm or somewhat hidden snickering that I saw in the peanut gallery when archer guy #1 kept missing?
When that scene started, I thought to myself, "wow, that's some pressure."

There was deinifitely snickering by the peanut gallery.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote