Girl?
DUDE_NJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #92
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
This!! Hahaha.

I was coming here today, while I love the show still, I'm at the point where there are SO many characters, I get TOTALLY lost. And very often they introduce characters that you have no idea who they are. I know all the main characters from the first season. After that, I know some of the second season characters. The new ones from this season? Totally gone. I'm completely confused about anything going on north of the wall. I'm sure at some point that is going to be important to the overall story, but for now, I just don't care about any of them.

I guess I missed something (I have to start watching this show when I'm more alert, but the problem is, I don't want to watch with my daughter around), but to me, it looked like they were chopping Jaime in the back, not his hand, but of course the hand makes more sense. I'm confused by his captors, are they loyal to the Starks or to Tywin? I assumed the Starks, until they took the girl to the back to be raped.
They are loyal to the Starks and are taking him back to Robb. As the lead guy said, his instructions were to find Jaime. Nothing was said about the girl. So the girl was fair game. Heck, given that she was with him and helped him escape, that gave them double reasons to rape her!
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #93
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE_NJX View Post
Girl?
well, she is a virgin...

Old 04-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #94
DUDE_NJX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
They are loyal to the Starks and are taking him back to Robb. As the lead guy said, his instructions were to find Jaime. Nothing was said about the girl. So the girl was fair game. Heck, given that she was with him and helped him escape, that gave them double reasons to rape her!
I guess if they found what's his name's butt attractive, they'd rape anything.

BTW, isn't Robb going to be pissed they maimed Jamie? I bet he'd prefer to exchange him for his sisters with their limbs still attached.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #95
dtle

It's bad casting if they can't differentiate the characters. I can now safely say "All white people look the same".

Is there any reason why we don't see more minority actors? Did the author go into details about the characters' skin color and race?
dtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #96
DUDE_NJX

We did see a Giant, some White Walkers, dragons, etc. They're the minorities in that world.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #97
Shaunnick

The Blackfish is named Bryndon Tully. He is the uncle to Catelyn and her two siblings, Lysa and Edmure. Edmure was the loser who could not get his arrow on the mark. And yes, Edmure is now head of House Tully. He is also Robb's uncle, but Robb is his king. Hence why Robb got to talk down to him.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #98
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
Is there any reason why we don't see more minority actors? Did the author go into details about the characters' skin color and race?
There's racial diversity, but it tends to be by continent (as on Earth, before easy transportation). Black people in the Summer Isles (we've seen a few of them), Middle Easterners and Mongolians in the area Dani's been hanging out, and there's an unknown civilization to the east of there that I assume will turn out to be Asianesque.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #99
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
It's bad casting if they can't differentiate the characters. I can now safely say "All white people look the same".

Since Westeros is essentially (maybe) Great Britain, it is pretty white. There are certainly other skin colors, but those are seen in other locations (ie, Salador Saan the pirate, or the Dothraki). Just as if you were in Britain in the 1500's, you would need to travel to see other skin colors.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #100
billypritchard
Embiggener

Or what Robb said.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #101
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
Or what Robb said.
Why do people keep confusing Robb and me?

He's much better looking than I am, and I would never piss off my ally by spurning his daughter for a nurse.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #102
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
...Cristina said that the boy who has Theon is Ramsay Bolton--do we know that for sure? I pictured him uglier.
The kid who rescued Theon, who the last guy shot called, "you bastard" is the Bolton Bastard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
When Jamie said that Brienne is of the "Sapphire House of Tarth" was that all B.S.?

According to this she's the sole head of the House of Tarth.
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Brienne_of_Tarth
It was B.S. There haven't been Sapphires in Tarth for a while.
http://boingboing.net/2013/04/16/pri...ml#more-224443

To be clear: Littlefinger said he lost the jeweled dagger to Tyrion in a tournament bet? Did Tyrion verify that? How did he explain how the assassin had it?
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #103
cheesesteak
Meh.

Any archers here? How plausible is it that archer dude #2 hit the funeral boat on his first try when it was waaaaaaay down river? Is he Green Arrow's great, great, great, great grandfather? Also, was it alarm or somewhat hidden snickering that I saw in the peanut gallery when archer guy #1 kept missing?

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts

Last edited by cheesesteak : 04-16-2013 at 11:11 AM.
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #104
Jonathan_S

Quote:
To be clear: Littlefinger said he lost the jeweled dagger to Tyrion in a tournament bet? Did Tyrion verify that? How did he explain how the assassin had it?
As I recall he didn't deny it was his dagger, but I can't recall his specifically admitting it.

My recollection was that Cat stated that Littlefinger had lost the dagger to him and accused Tyrion of orchestrating the attempted murder of her son with said dagger. Tyrion replied something like "what kind of idiot would give his own known blade to an assassin?"
Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #105
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Why do people keep confusing Robb and me?

He's much better looking than I am, and I would never piss off my ally by spurning his daughter for a nurse.

I was implying you were King Robb of the GOT threads!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #106
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
Unless she had a speaking role, I have no idea (have not read the books). The only way I know some names is because I always have CC on for this show!
Closed captions is a must for me with this show as it was for Spartacus and now with Da Vinci's Demons. So many of the personal and place names are too "foreign" for me to immediately recognize without visual help.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #107
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Closed captions is a must for me with this show as it was for Spartacus and now with Da Vinci's Demons. So many of the personal and place names are too "foreign" for me to immediately recognize without visual help.
In Westeros, you would be Cheesestaek.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #108
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:

I guess if they found what's his name's butt attractive, they'd rape anything..
Are you forgetting the guys who tried to rape Brienne?

Quote:
BTW, isn't Robb going to be pissed they maimed Jamie? I bet he'd prefer to exchange him for his sisters with their limbs still attached.
I don't think Robb's plan is to trade Jaime for his sisters. That was Catelyn's plan and it's why Robb locked her up for disobeying him.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #109
DUDE_NJX

I'm saying, the same guys found Theon and Brienne attractive for some reason.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #110
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Yep me too. Even with them, I'm still lost half the time

Speaking of Lost...people used to complain the plots were so convoluted. This make Lost look like everything was straight forward!!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #111
danterner
Not it!

Quote:

This!! Hahaha.

I was coming here today, while I love the show still, I'm at the point where there are SO many characters, I get TOTALLY lost. And very often they introduce characters that you have no idea who they are. I know all the main characters from the first season. After that, I know some of the second season characters. The new ones from this season? Totally gone. I'm completely confused about anything going on north of the wall. I'm sure at some point that is going to be important to the overall story, but for now, I just don't care about any of them.
I intentionally watch it on HBOGO, because the little memory prompts, photos of prior scenes, and maps at the bottom of the screen are invaluable. I'd be lost without them. The other bits, like mini interviews, I generally disregard.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #112
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
The kid who rescued Theon, who the last guy shot called, "you bastard" is the Bolton Bastard?
He said "you little bastard".

I think it means nothing. First, I think "bastard" is like "a-hole" here; it's the first insult that would come to mind for them. Second, that world is probably 75% real bastards anyway! so the chances that it's the one bastard we're looking for are remote.

OTOH, if that specific bastard wanted to get Theon back after he screwed the pooch at Winterfell, what better way to do it?

btw, I noticed that the guy who got to keep harrenhall is the father of the bastard that was sent to free Winterfell. If this guy has a long game, he is certainly getting his pieces in order to make a move!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #113
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I intentionally watch it on HBOGO, because the little memory prompts, photos of prior scenes, and maps at the bottom of the screen are invaluable. I'd be lost without them. The other bits, like mini interviews, I generally disregard.
If I could get HBOGO on my 46" flatscreen I might do that Unfortunately, watching on my iPad just isn't a fulfilling experience when that big TV is staring me in the face Also unfortunately, is that my Roku, which has HBOGO, doesn't have it for DirecTV describers.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #114
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I don't think Robb's plan is to trade Jaime for his sisters. That was Catelyn's plan and it's why Robb locked her up for disobeying him.
I agree. In particular Robb had a line like "The Lannisters have my sisters. Have I sued for peace? No."

I think as much as he'd like his sisters back, Jaime has greater strategic value to Robb and he's waiting for the best time to play that card. He's the father of the king and the lover of the kings' mother. He's the favorite son of Tywin Lannister. Lots of people would like him back.

He's also a very dangerous person to be loose in the wild, one of the 'best swordsmen in Westeros'. Well, or at least he was...
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #115
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
If I could get HBOGO on my 46" flatscreen I might do that Unfortunately, watching on my iPad just isn't a fulfilling experience when that big TV is staring me in the face Also unfortunately, is that my Roku, which has HBOGO, doesn't have it for DirecTV describers.
The HBOGO app now has video Airplay. Time to get an Apple TV.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #116
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
I doubt attractiveness had anything to do with it. They were going to rape Theon and Brienne as punishment.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #117
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Get an Android stick, a Roku, an Android tablet, or a computer maybe?
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #118
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
.... You know that the group of men who were going to rape Theon is different from the group of men who were going to rape Brienne, right?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #119
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Already have enough streaming devices in my house, and completely out of HDMI ports hahaha.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #120
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Get an Android stick, a Roku, an Android tablet, or a computer maybe?
Android stick?

I have all the other devices. Roku being directly hooked to my TV is the best option normally, but, no DirecTV support

My Android Tablet or iPad could be hooked to the TV I suppose if I wanted to watch bad enough. I have the adapters. Still easier to watch the other methods. Besides, I come here and let you guys clear up the confusion...although....sometimes you guys confuse me more!!