TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #91
infoXczar

I can confirm that shows I've marked as KUID have definitely been getting automatically deleted from my Premiere XL, when I'm only at 55% capacity. The TiVo tech I chatted with yesterday didn't seem to be surprised by this and has added me to the list of customers to get the patch first when it's ready "this month."
infoXczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #92
tivosupport_taylor
TiVo Representative

Deleting KUID

Hello TiVo Community,

It appears that some of you are experiencing an issue where shows that seemingly should not be deleted, are inexplicably deleted. Keep in mind that your TiVo will delete things as necessary to make room for upcoming recordings. Recently however, it appears that TiVo Premiere users are reporting instances where recordings are being deleted for no reason. If you are experiencing an issue on any Premiere Series TiVo where recordings that are set to “Keep Until I Delete” are being deleted prematurely please send me a private message with the following information so that we can track instances of this issue and work to resolve it.

-TiVo Service Number (found on the back of the unit or in SYSTEM INFORMATION):

-The reason RECORDING HISTORY reports for deletion:

-The percentage usage reported by the disk space meter at the top of MY SHOWS:

-The recording was deleted as part of a season pass (Y/N):

If the recording that was deleted was part of a season pass please record the following:

-Keep at most:

-Show Type:

-Keep Until:

Thank you for your assistance,

Taylor
tivosupport_taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #93
infoXczar

The fact that TiVo is just now soliciting bug data doesn't fill me with confidence that the problem will be fixed by the end of the month like I was told. I'll PM data soon, but my post count isn't high enough yet to send one.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #94
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
have you looked at your todo list more than a few days out? i forget exactly what was happening but i think when i went to record things it said it couldnt due to lack of space. of course by then i would have watched stuff but it didnt know that. i 'think' that the todo list didnt go out more than a few days and that freaked me out so i turned off KUID

i know in theory once the space was cleared it should record but if you do anything like add a new SP or manual recording it simply wouldnt let me if i recall correctly
I check my TDL every day....no problems.

I am happy to see TiVo finally acknowledging the problem and asking for input...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #95
infoXczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Same here. I've pared my season passes down to just seven, and only two or three even have any active shows coming up. A show recorded via a season pass on Sunday from 9:30-10:00 was deleted for "space needed" less than 90 minutes later allegedly because space was needed to record another show at 11:38 (?!) PM, yet there was nothing in the To Do List until four days later. And my disk usage was at 55%.

Nasty bug!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #96
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post

I am happy to see TiVo finally acknowledging the problem and asking for input...
well ur lucky then. mine didnt go out more than the near future, much less next week. thats when i knew i had a big problem

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #97
beejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoXczar View Post
Nasty bug!
Does anyone have any insight as to what might "enable" this bug?

Many (most?) of us do not have this problem. Have those who have this bug done something or used some function the rest of us haven't?
S2DT - 186 hours

"For some people, even 10 TiVo DVRs is not overkill."
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #98
mattack

I don't for sure know that I have the bug exactly, but I *do* know that my Recently Deleted items are going away, *sometimes* all of them have gone away. I haven't yet proven that any of my recordings have gone away (at least very recently).. but I have been in the high 60s or low 70s of percent "full", so it shouldn't even be deleting Recently Deleted until it get very very close to 100% full.

I use my Stream to download shows to my iPad every day… probably not related, but that ALSO sometimes ends up with items stuck in Recently Deleted (until you reboot).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #99
BrooklynBlueEyes

I've read a couple of posts about using the TiVo iPhone app (which I do regularly), potentially enabling this bug. Mine has gotten so bad that shows are being deleted immediately after they're recorded, whether they're coded KUID or space needed, with it only 62% full. The good news is that this post will get me over 10, so I can send my report to Taylor. I'll let the group know what I hear back.
BrooklynBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #100
beejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynBlueEyes View Post
I've read a couple of posts about using the TiVo iPhone app (which I do regularly), potentially enabling this bug.
Is anybody having this problem NOT using the iPhone app?
S2DT - 186 hours

"For some people, even 10 TiVo DVRs is not overkill."
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #101
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynBlueEyes View Post
I've read a couple of posts about using the TiVo iPhone app (which I do regularly), potentially enabling this bug...
I use the iPhone app a lot, too, and no problems...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:26 AM   #102
jenz

Having related but worse issue - SP shows are recording but then they disappear and are not in deleted items.

I physically can see the shows being recorded, TV has signal, etc but if I go back to the Tivo [unsure of the minimum time required be it 30min or 2hrs after the recording is finished], the show is gone.
jenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #103
infoXczar

Here's a new one on me: I actually had a recording disappear WHILE I WAS WATCHING IT (sort of).

I set a two-hour movie to record, then started watching it perhaps about twenty minutes after it had started recording. I had to pause it for a while to take a phone call. When I unpaused, all seemed fine, but when got to about the 90-minute mark, the recording just ended. It was still in Now Playing, but the info said that it was a partial recording. I see no reason why the recording was truncated; Live TV was still tuned to that same channel and nothing else had been recorded.

Meanwhile, literally EVERYTHING I record disappears within hours. Most recently, a movie I recorded from 11:05 PM to 1:05 AM (it's currently 2:45 AM) is already gone. Reason? "The show was deleted because space was needed to record other shows on 4/25 at 2:47 AM." Which is literally right now. Nothing's being recorded on either tuner. And My Shows is reporting usage at 53%.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #104
rsvp_nj

I've had this same problem for months. I use the iPhone and iPad apps but do not stream content to them. My DVR never gets to 75% full anymore and it deletes like mad. I had an instance where it was recording a suggestion, then stopped and deleted itself midway. (The movie "Airplane!", bummer) I have some season passes set to keep 10 shows that rarely fill beyond 4.

I've called for tech support because I first thought it was incorrectly gauging it's capacity and deleting as it normally would except that I had more content on there than I thought. The Tivo CSR said this is not the case, that it is deleting shows too quickly and that they are aware of it and are working on a fix to the problem but do not have one yet. Great.

So, we have a product that is vastly inferior to what we paid for. In my case, this has been going on since December. I hope they do the right thing when they do resolve this with a rebate or something, and if they can not fix it they need to replace our Premieres. This is unacceptable.
rsvp_nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #105
mattack

ALL of you who are having this problem should call Tivo. (I have only seen the “stuck in Recently Deleted” problem for sure, and RELATIVELY rarely. I haven’t seen proof of my shows being deleted, though as I mentioned before, Recently Deleted does seem to empty out way before it needs to.)
Old 04-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #106
newsposter
Poster of News

hmm i thought my problem was gone but then i was thinking some shows appeared missing. now i'm positive this is still happening. an ep of undercover boss that i knew was a repeat but was on the machine was there a few days ago but today it's not there! it was over 2 weeks ago so i cant view history though

now i wonder what other shows i've been missing

!

Old 05-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #107
splintersam

Does anyone know why when season pass is set to record all episodes at KUID it will sometimes not only delete things, but also record new ones saved in the folder without the KUID?
splintersam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #108
mattack

No.. Call Tivo..
Old 05-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #109
RedMan8

This is a known issue

TiVo now acknowledges this issue (and you are not alone):

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/for...2401#e11092401
RedMan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #110
newsposter
Poster of News

premature deletion really bites. now i wonder what was deleted that i dont even remember

!