TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
ahwman

Can't get to TiVo central

I'm having the same issue with both of my Premiere XL4's wherby my TiVo's will respond normally to the TiVo button either using the remote or the iPhone/iPad app for a while and then all of a sudden the button seems to have no effect until I reboot. This issue is not related to my remote as this behavior occurs with both of my remotes as well as the iOS TiVo app and clears up after a reboot. Sometimes, I'll hear the ding when I press the TiVo button but no UI. FYI, I'm using the HD menus. I'm starting to wonder if this is related to the iOS app...

Has anyone else had this experience?
ahwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
bshrock

No, I have not seen this problem since the 20.2.2.1 update does the HDUI Reset Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. have any effect?
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
ahwman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
No, I have not seen this problem since the 20.2.2.1 update does the HDUI Reset Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. have any effect?
I've tried this several times with no result. I suspect because the UI isn't actually frozen, it's just for some reason that it doesn't respond to the TiVo button during this time. Very odd and I'm just not sure of the pattern that triggers it if there is one at all...
Old 03-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
bshrock

Just a thought.

Strange that It's only the TiVo button. Are you able to left arrow back to TiVo Central?
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
ahwman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
Just a thought.

Strange that It's only the TiVo button. Are you able to left arrow back to TiVo Central?
No, when I arrow left, I hear a "Ding" but can never get back to the TiVo Central screen.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
flyingchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwman View Post
No, when I arrow left, I hear a "Ding" but can never get back to the TiVo Central screen.
This is the exact problem I was having. Power cycling the Tivo seems to have fixed it.
flyingchange is offline   Reply With Quote