TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #151
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Just a joke pic about the governor snapping.
Perfect!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #152
TeddS
Obfuscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLC View Post
He said "here, take it." I just re-watched that part. The barrel was not pointed towards Carl. It was pointed at an angle to the right. His eyes were shifting between Hershel and Carl.
Then he'd grab Carl's arm and use him as a shield against the others. Carl was correct to grease him.
TeddS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #153
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
So agree with this. They know how much they need to pay an actor to cancel a contract early and work that into the budget. No problem. I'm sure they did something similar with Lennie James.
Lennie James was never under contract. He was simply a guest star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLC View Post
He said "here, take it." I just re-watched that part. The barrel was not pointed towards Carl. It was pointed at an angle to the right. His eyes were shifting between Hershel and Carl.
Just because he wasn't pointing the barrel at Carl doesn't mean he was giving up his gun. How many times have we seen in movies where the bad guy puts his hands up but continues to move toward the cop with the gun, and eventually gets close enough that with some quick movements he disarms the person that was pointing the gun.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #154
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddS View Post
Then he'd grab Carl's arm and use him as a shield against the others. Carl was correct to grease him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Just because he wasn't pointing the barrel at Carl doesn't mean he was giving up his gun. How many times have we seen in movies where the bad guy puts his hands up but continues to move toward the cop with the gun, and eventually gets close enough that with some quick movements he disarms the person that was pointing the gun.
I was just getting the facts straight. I wasn't arguing one way or another whether Carl did the right thing.
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #155
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
or the guy puts one palm/hand up and then quickly points and shoots with the other hand (holding the gun)?

oh wait...that happened IN THIS EPISODE!
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #156
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purwater View Post
I was expecting the guy to keep creeping towards Carl and then grab him and put a gun to his head making Herschel and Beth drop their guns like always happens in TV and movies. Carl actually shooting was a nice surprise for me.
This. This bit of silliness where the good guy lets the bad guy continue to close in on him happens in EVERY tv show. I'm glad Carl was having none of that nonsense. Carl had obviously been watching 24 where Jack Bauer doesn't mess around. "Drop your weapon!" means exactly that or die.

What the heck is on the end of Carl's gun, a silencer? If so, why is he the only one with a silencer and does a silencer affect shot accuracy?

The Governor's STILL alive? Jeez, Louise. He's overstayed his welcome by half a season already.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts

Last edited by cheesesteak : 04-03-2013 at 09:04 AM.
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #157
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
What the heck is on the end of Carl's gun, a silencer? If so, why is he the only one with a silencer and does a silencer affect shot accuracy?
I'm not a gun expert, but I believe I recall reading that it is an aluminum baseball bat, which apparently can actually work as a silencer in real life.

Carl's not the only one with a silencer - Rick has one, too. His is a MagLite flashlight. Supposedly that can be rigged to work in real life, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #158
Mr. Merkin

http://thechive.com/2013/04/03/a-few...ead-33-photos/
Mr. Merkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #159
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Merkin View Post
The one asking who's been cutting everyone's grass during the zombie apocalypse made me laugh.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #160
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Those were great.

Okay, #3 - the Gov looking through the scope - it looks like it would be through the injured eye but it really could also be through the good eye and just held away - and a bad camera angle for that.

#30 - sleeveless and puts on a vest made me laugh out loud!

Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #161
cheesesteak
Meh.

On the commercial for the Talking Dead, it looked like Norman Reedus really does have a stupid looking hairdo something like his character's. I didn't watch the actual TD show.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #162
Beryl

Quote:
Most of these had me laughing out loud and some brought tears.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #163
wprager

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
You're not wrong, but I don't think what Carl did was wrong either..

If the guy Carl shot happened to come across them in a different situation, say just randomly ran into them, no previous battle, just happenstance, then Carl's actions without a second warning could be seen as cold blooded. The Woodbury gang had blood lust on their minds. They came, shot up the home of their enemy, blew stuff up, then got ran out while being shot at.. The situation only called for 1 warning, he failed to comply.

I don't get Herschel's reasoning for tattling on Carl like that. I get he's kind of a pacifist, but Herschel just set a thing into motion that will probably make Carl act out. By treating Carl like a cold blooded killer, just after we saw him feel bad for having to shoot Morgan a couple of episodes back in "Clear". Or the writers are badly lazy, make Carl feel sympathetic for having to shoot someone one second, make him a cold blooded killer the next.
If you recall, when he was apologizing to Morgan for shooting him Morgan told him to never be sorry.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #164
cheesesteak
Meh.

I wonder how Carl will interact and play with the new group of kids that Rick brought back. Will he play well with others or will it be some "Give you your ball back? Where's my gun? I'll teach you to ask for your ball back" situations.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #165
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
I wonder how Carl will interact and play with the new group of kids that Rick brought back. Will he play well with others or will it be some "Give you your ball back? Where's my gun? I'll teach you to ask for your ball back" situations.
"These week on Walking Dead, Carl teaches the new kids how to shoot, and hilarity ensues."
Old 04-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #166
sharkster

Quote:
LMAO

I don't see Carl interracting with other kids at this point - at all. I think he left that far far behind him. He totally fancies himself one of the protectors-in-charge of the group.

Of course I could be wrong. It's been quite a while since I've been in a zombie apocalypse and my memory doesn't serve me very well anymore.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #167
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
If you recall, when he was apologizing to Morgan for shooting him Morgan told him to never be sorry.
In Morgan's defense, he was trying to kill Rick, Carl, Michonne.. I think his point was to never be sorry about killing someone who is trying to kill you.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #168
pmyers

Quote:
I predict (like somebody else mentioned already) that there will quickly be a "clearing" of these new people in the next season to get back to a core group.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #169
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Will they be able to get Carl to go to the school they set up? I doubt it. I think he will be arguing that he is grown up and done with all that.

I saw Carol walking right over to the newbies to almost embrace them.

And what have they got now, a bunch of women and children and only a few that could be trained for defense.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #170
Hank
AC•FTW

And they have to feed them all, and deal with all their "waste".

I say the smaller the group, the better. In a Zombie Apocalypse. I think Morgan had the right idea. Find a house, fortify it, and just be by yourself. None of this other crap to put up with.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #171
TeddS
Obfuscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

I say the smaller the group, the better. In a Zombie Apocalypse. I think Morgan had the right idea. Find a house, fortify it, and just be by yourself. None of this other crap to put up with.
Must I wait for a zombie apocalypse?
TeddS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #172
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

If I'm in a small house, I totally agree that I'd want a small number of people.....but in a place like the prison or the town, I'd want more people to divide labor. That being said....I would't want a bus load of woman and children (well maybe )
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #173
danterner
Not it!

| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #174
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Lol
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #175
sharkster

LMAO @ Chris Hansen
Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #176
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Most of these had me laughing out loud and some brought tears.
Perfectly done...As much as I like to analyse TV shows, story-wise, I rarely pay attention or notice the stuff they're point out, but it's definitely hysterical when you lay it out like that.

#12 is great... I wonder the same thing...
#28 made me actually laugh out loud. hysterical.
#25 makes a great point. Andrea's whole arc this season was that she was trying to "save everyone" and Laurie Holden mentioned that Andrea was a human rights lawyer before so she's very sensitive to that stuff... but yet when the group had Randall last season she was all for killing him. No consistency.
#32 made me laugh too... I wasn't finding it that funny and then scrolled down to the picture of Lori with no commentary. hilarious.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #177
MacThor
Not Pictured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
He was shooting dead people in the head, and when he got to the guy who was lying on top of the woman, his gun either jammed or ran out. Then he settled down and walked away.
I saw it more as him shooting them in the head out of habit (it was "Woodbury Policy") and then just deciding "---- it, let 'em turn."
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:46 AM   #178
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post

I saw it more as him shooting them in the head out of habit (it was "Woodbury Policy") and then just deciding "---- it, let 'em turn."
I thought it was pretty clear that he ran out of ammo.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #179
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
I thought it was pretty clear that he ran out of ammo.
That's how it looked to me, also. It was pretty much - 'click' 'oh damn' 'oh well' 'I'm outta here'.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #180
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post

That's how it looked to me, also. It was pretty much - 'click' 'oh damn' 'oh well' 'I'm outta here'.
Except that he had another gun slung over his shoulder, so if he was really interested in finishing the job, he definitely could have. So I think it was more of the, "oh well" attitude than it was the running out of ammo.