TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #5071
howards

Thank you for the new version!
howards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #5072
jcthorne

I set up the autoresolve function to run at 3am every day using windows task scheduler.

With this in place, auto management of season passes and recording conflicts now works between multiple Tivos. This is something many in the forum have been asking Tivo for for a very long time. It really works.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #5073
moyekj

Any kmttg user with a Mini here? I discovered today with kmttg Remote I was able to launch Netflix on the Mini using "HME Jump" button. Was able to login to register the Mini and start playback of a Breaking Bad episode (and boy was the interface much more responsive than series 4 units). However, about 10 seconds in the Mini rebooted itself right when resolution was switching from 720p to 1080p/24. I guess that's why Netflix app is not available because there are issues with it. Perhaps I'll try some other videos but thought it was interesting that Netflix came up at all since it's not officially available on a Mini. Be interested to know if it works (or at least launches) for any other Mini users. I did try it when I 1st got the Mini but got V301 (Try Later) error or something along those lines.

EDIT: I turned off 1080p/24 option on the Mini and that seems to have fixed the rebooting problem as it's playing a Breaking Bad episode now @1080i without issue.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 03-30-2013 at 08:46 PM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #5074
duftopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
The mpeg file has no video or Vegas does not see it? Have you run mediainfo on the mpeg to see what you have? Tivodecode creates perfectly normal mpeg files with audio and video from .tivo program stream files. Folks here use it every day.

This is not a Vegas support forum or even a Vegas thread. This thread is about kmttg, a different software package supported by its developer. Please ask Vegas support questions from its developer or at least in a different thread. Its off topic here.
The Shole SONY family has taken a vacation. Kttmg also fails to download /tivo files in there entirity, although it seems to do a better job then the PAID pcdesktop Plus and other sony products.

Thanks
duftopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #5075
loganasu
I'm a lurker

My hat is off to you moyekj.
You have made a wonderful product.

Thank you
loganasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #5076
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by duftopia View Post
The Shole SONY family has taken a vacation. Kttmg also fails to download /tivo files in there entirity, although it seems to do a better job then the PAID pcdesktop Plus and other sony products.

Thanks
In my experience TiVo files that don't download means there is a glitch/hiccup in the recording. It will also tend to break TiVo to TiVo transfers.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #5077
NancyUSA

I cannot open kmttg. I am using windows 8. When I attemp to double click on kmttg.jar I am asked to select an app to open the file. The options vary from ie, to note pad to movie maker.

The path is C:\Users\Nancy_2\Desktop

I am very new to windows 8 and don't have a clue what to do
NancyUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #5078
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyUSA View Post
I cannot open kmttg. I am using windows 8. When I attemp to double click on kmttg.jar I am asked to select an app to open the file. The options vary from ie, to note pad to movie maker.

The path is C:\Users\Nancy_2\Desktop

I am very new to windows 8 and don't have a clue what to do
See windows_installation.
Sounds like you need to install Java.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #5079
NancyUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
See windows_installation.
Sounds like you need to install Java.
Thank you. Yes I did need to install Java.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #5080
NancyUSA

I am trying to download a segment of a recording. I did identify the starting point on the TiVo by setting pause point there, then I started the job. I selected cancel job which I thought would be the ending point.

I've tried this twice

The first time I got "Mpeg file not found", There was a tivo file, but it had only one second of sound play, no video. I deleted the tivo file and tried again...got messages that the file couldn't be found so I undeleted the tivo file and tried again. This time I got two mpeg files which had 60 seconds of sound no video.

The second show I tried this with I got the same result as the first attempt. I didn't delete the file this time and I haven't started the job again. I only have a one second tivo file

PS is there a way to copy text from kmttg? to show the messages I'm getting
Old 04-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #5081
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
I am trying to download a segment of a recording. I did identify the starting point on the TiVo by setting pause point there, then I started the job. I selected cancel job which I thought would be the ending point.

I've tried this twice

The first time I got "Mpeg file not found", There was a tivo file, but it had only one second of sound play, no video. I deleted the tivo file and tried again...got messages that the file couldn't be found so I undeleted the tivo file and tried again. This time I got two mpeg files which had 60 seconds of sound no video.

The second show I tried this with I got the same result as the first attempt. I didn't delete the file this time and I haven't started the job again. I only have a one second tivo file

When you want to download from a paused point of the Tivo recording, you need to go to and select "Resume download" from the File menu. Press Refresh if it has not been done before you had set the pause point. Select the program to download and press "Start Job". It would then download from the set paused point.

"Cancel Job" only stops the current jobs its doing or about to do in the middle window.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #5082
moyekj

Quote:
Just like most Windows applications select the text and press Ctrl-C to copy to clipboard, then you can paste into browser. Other option is choose File-Save messages to file to save current message window contents to kmttg.log file.

ThAbtO described how to download from pause point. As mentioned you have to 1st set pause point on TiVo, then refresh listings in kmttg and then download with "Resume download" set in kmttg.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #5083
lpwcomp

Quote:

I've tried this twice

If I am interpreting you correctly, I don't think there is way to do what you want to do. As previously documented, you can set the starting point but there is no way to select the end point.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #5084
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
If I am interpreting you correctly, I don't think there is way to do what you want to do. As previously documented, you can set the starting point but there is no way to select the end point.
True, you cannot set the end point, but I have done something else. I estimate how big a recording would be.

IE: I have set a 2 hr manual recording, but I only need about 1/2 hr and the program I wanted is in the middle of that 2 hr recording. It is also an HD channel. I estimate the size to be around 5.5 gb. So I started transfer from my paused point. When I have 6 gb, which should be enough for the 1/2 program plus some extra time. I cancel the transfer at that point. KMTTG would spit out a few errors (about decrypt and QSfix) but ignored them. Manually start the decrypt and QSFix under files.
Using VideoReDo, I edit out the commercials and the extraneous video after.

~~~~~

Last edited by ThAbtO : 04-02-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #5085
NancyUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I think it's possible to set an end point. I found this regarding small segments in the kmttg wiki section for using kmttg (sorry I cannot post a link in this forum as I am too new if a member)

Here it this text from the wiki under the section Resuming Downloads

Quote:
This also can be useful if you only want to download a small segment of a recording. You can identify the starting point on the TiVo and set pause point there and then resume download via kmttg and cancel the download at ending point.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #5086
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
I think it's possible to set an end point. I found this regarding small segments in the kmttg wiki section for using kmttg (sorry I cannot post a link in this forum as I am too new if a member)

Here it this text from the wiki under the section Resuming Downloads
See my previous post, with my example. That is how its done.

You cannot just set the end point, BUT you can cancel AFTER you estimate the amount downloaded for the sufficient amount of data/video.

You cannot just press Cancel after a few seconds or even minutes because that will just stop it immediately.

~~~~~

Old 04-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #5087
NancyUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
True, you cannot set then end point, but I have done something else. I estimate how big a recording would be.

ie: I have set a 2 hr manual recording, but I only need about 1/2 hr and the program I wanted is in the middle of that 2 hr recording. It is also an HD channel. I estimate the size to be around 5.5 gb. So I started transfer from my paused point. When I have 6 gb, which should be enough for the 1/2 program plus some extra time. I cancel the transfer at that point. KMTTG would spit out a few errors (about decrypt and QSfix) but ignored them. Manually start the decrypt and QSFix under files.
Using VideoReDo, I edit out the commercials and the extraneous video after.
Yes this is exactly what I was doing. The clip I'm after is only about 1 minute. I was trying to decrypt and remove ads all in one go.

This latest time I only created a tivo file with a small segment download. I then loaded that file into the job queue and selected decrypt. I did create a mpeg file, but it doesn't contain any video.

PS is VideoReDo part of kmttg?
Old 04-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #5088
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Yes this is exactly what I was doing. The clip I'm after is only about 1 minute. I was trying to decrypt and remove ads all in one go.

This latest time I only created a tivo file with a small segment download. I then loaded that file into the job queue and selected decrypt. I did create a mpeg file, but it doesn't contain any video.

PS is VideoReDo part of kmttg?
VideReDo is another program, albeit its not free, is for video editing, ie: removing commercials and any extraneous video. Its also only a Windows program.

Perhaps you didn't download sufficient amount of data. How big was the file you downloaded?
For about a minutes worth, you may need around 5 megs, if it was recorded on a digital channel, or 1 meg from analog.

The error KMTTG spits out is because the download was interrupted and no "End of File" marker.

~~~~~

Last edited by ThAbtO : 04-02-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #5089
NancyUSA

Quote:
Just like most Windows applications select the text and press Ctrl-C to copy to clipboard, then you can paste into browser. Other option is choose File-Save messages to file to save current message window contents to kmttg.log file.

ThAbtO described how to download from pause point. As mentioned you have to 1st set pause point on TiVo, then refresh listings in kmttg and then download with "Resume download" set in kmttg.
Thanks for the copy information. I always use right click and it seems to be disabled in this application.

I did set the pause point on tivo and downloaded with "resume download". I think my main problem was thinking that i could get ads cut and decryption all done on one operation.

I am now trying to just download a small segment, then in a separate operation decrypt the tivo file into a mpeg file. I have been able to create a mpeg file and it has the correct audio...but no video
Old 04-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #5090
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Thanks for the copy information. I always use right click and it seems to be disabled in this application.

I did set the pause point on tivo and downloaded with "resume download". I think my main problem was thinking that i could get ads cut and decryption all done on one operation.

I am now trying to just download a small segment, then in a separate operation decrypt the tivo file into a mpeg file. I have been able to create a mpeg file and it has the correct audio...but no video
What program are you using to play the video you downloaded? You may need a video codec installed since this isn't part of a typical system install. You might try:

http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Me...k_download.htm

~~~~~

Last edited by ThAbtO : 04-02-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #5091
NancyUSA

Quote:
What program are you using to play the video you downloaded? You may need a video codec installed since this isn't part of a typical system install.
Yes I think you are correct. I just installed VLC and it plays there...audio and video. I was trying to play it on media player and in movie maker.

I would like to play this in movie maker so I can fine tune the clip. Can you help me figure out how to go about finding what codec I may need?

Also I failed to refresh when I was downloading a clip and now when I re-position the start point and try to download I get the message "SKIPPING DOWNLOAD, FILE ALREADY EXISTS". I'm a bit unsure about deleting these file on order to start again in case there is a path issue.

Edit: I see you have kindly included a link to codec files...thank you...they worked for media player..not movie maker

Last edited by NancyUSA : 04-02-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #5092
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Yes I think you are correct. I just installed VLC and it plays there...audio and video. I was trying to play it on media player and in movie maker.

I would like to play this in movie maker so I can fine tune the clip. Can you help me figure out how to go about finding what codec I may need?

Also I failed to refresh when I was downloading a clip and now when I re-position the start point and try to download I get the message "SKIPPING DOWNLOAD, FILE ALREADY EXISTS". I'm a bit unsure about deleting these file on order to start again in case there is a path issue.

Edit: I see you have kindly included a link to codec files...thank you
You would need to have "Overwrite existing files" checked, but in doing so, it would overwrite the files of the same name. for example, you recorded "Jeopardy" yesterday and today's as well. You select both to download, and have a file called "Jeopardy.TiVo" or even "Jeopardy.mpg" after its decrypted. Next, KMTTG downloads today's Jeopardy which will overwrite yesterday's files, because they are the same file names. So, I recommend you set under "Filenaming" to include something exclusive to prevent overwriting files (unless its the exact show you are trying to download). You could include something like, [year].[monthNUM].[day] at the end of the filenaming option.

For my KMTTG Filenaming setting, I have:

[mainTitle] - [EpisodeNumber] - - [episodeTitle] [year].[monthNum].[mday]-[hour].[min]

As you can see, I have included the hour and min as well as the date, so if a recording happened back-to-back, it will not overwrite.

Edit: I do not use MovieMaker any more, but have been using VideoReDo to do my editing as well as for DVD making.

Edit2: Wow, I forgot how long Movie Maker takes to just to load a video file. I looked like it was loading in the entire 7 gb video file.

~~~~~

Last edited by ThAbtO : 04-02-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #5093
reneg

Thanks for adding [SeriesEpNumber] field which outputs in 's##e##' format. I may out in left field and the only one, but I use 'S##E##' format and have been since I've been archiving Tivo recordings. Any chance specifiying the case of the format in a future release?
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #5094
NancyUSA

Quote:
You would need to have "Overwrite existing files" checked, but in doing so, it would overwrite the files of the same name. for example, you recorded "Jeopardy" yesterday and today's as well. You select both to download, and have a file called "Jeopardy.TiVo" or even "Jeopardy.mpg" after its decrypted. Next, KMTTG downloads today's Jeopardy which will overwrite yesterday's files, because they are the same file names. So, I recommend you set under "Filenaming" to include something exclusive to prevent overwriting files (unless its the exact show you are trying to download). You could include something like, [year].[monthNUM].[day] at the end of the filenaming option.

For my KMTTG Filenaming setting, I have:

[mainTitle] - [EpisodeNumber] - - [episodeTitle] [year].[monthNum].[mday]-[hour].[min]

As you can see, I have included the hour and min as well as the date, so if a recording happened back-to-back, it will not overwrite.

Edit: I do not use MovieMaker any more, but have been using VideoReDo to do my editing as well as for DVD making.

Edit2: Wow, I forgot how long Movie Maker takes to just to load a video file. I looked like it was loading in the entire 7 gb video file.
Huge help. Thank you. I didn't see he "overwrite existing files" , Worked perfectly. I've got one clip from this program and I am going to use your filenaming advice to try and grab another clip with a slightly different name.

I was able to clip my video in Youtube's editor, but I'm looking around for a free video editor.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #5095
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Huge help. Thank you. I didn't see he "overwrite existing files" , Worked perfectly. I've got one clip from this program and I am going to use your filenaming advice to try and grab another clip with a slightly different name.

I was able to clip my video in Youtube's editor, but I'm looking around for a free video editor.
You can use Movie Maker once the right codec is installed, but it seemed complicated to use compared to VideoReDo. If I remember, Movie Maker is time-based whereas VideoReDo is frame-based. This would not make much of a difference to some, but if you wanted to remove just 1 frame, in MM, you would have to cut out a series up to about 1/30 of a second. In VRD, just cut out that frame.

If you look in KMTTG's configuration screen, under the first tab is the "Overwrite existing files".

~~~~~

Old 04-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #5096
swerver

I have been using kmttg with great success. Today when I ran metadata/decrypt/qsfix which I have done many times to get a normal mpg, I instead ended up with 2 separate files, an m2v with video only and a mpg with sound only. I believe these are supposed to be remuxed together, and the output of my jobs says that happened, but it doesn't appear to have actually happened. Anyone know what I broke and how to fix it? Thanks
swerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #5097
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
I have been using kmttg with great success. Today when I ran metadata/decrypt/qsfix which I have done many times to get a normal mpg, I instead ended up with 2 separate files, an m2v with video only and a mpg with sound only. I believe these are supposed to be remuxed together, and the output of my jobs says that happened, but it doesn't appear to have actually happened. Anyone know what I broke and how to fix it? Thanks
Sounds like you are using ProjectX for "qsfix" and either the ProjectX demux or the ffmpeg remux step failed. Delete the m2v and ac3 files and start from FILES mode with .TiVo file and try "decrypt" and "qsfix" again and if same result post your message log here for more clues as to what is happening.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #5098
sanjonny

Change QSFix sample size

i asked this a long time ago and I think it was not possible at the time,
but when doing the automated qsfix, especially in SD channels where there is several variable frame sizes due to different commercials and such, i often have qsfix only pick up the commercial instead of the program. So it might qsfix and only result in a 2 minute file or whatever, instead of the say 55 minute program minus the outsized commercials.

When I do it manually, I instead use 24 for the sample size and this basically so far has not failed me for correctly detecting the correct size for the program.

Is it possible for us to customize this in the scripts or if not, can i suggest we up the larger sample size so that this error doesn't occur? I have noticed no significant difference in the time to process for this, though I imagine on a slow machine it might add a few seconds.

Thanks in advance for your help and yes, the ipad and TWP delete buttons have been working completely correctly in all my usage in the latest p version
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #5099
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
i asked this a long time ago and I think it was not possible at the time,
but when doing the automated qsfix, especially in SD channels where there is several variable frame sizes due to different commercials and such, i often have qsfix only pick up the commercial instead of the program. So it might qsfix and only result in a 2 minute file or whatever, instead of the say 55 minute program minus the outsized commercials.

When I do it manually, I instead use 24 for the sample size and this basically so far has not failed me for correctly detecting the correct size for the program.

Is it possible for us to customize this in the scripts or if not, can i suggest we up the larger sample size so that this error doesn't occur? I have noticed no significant difference in the time to process for this, though I imagine on a slow machine it might add a few seconds.

Thanks in advance for your help and yes, the ipad and TWP delete buttons have been working completely correctly in all my usage in the latest p version
kmttg uses either ffmpeg or mediainfo to detect video dimensions, it's not done as part of VRD qsfix script since the VRD COM (batch) jobs have nothing related to detecting video dimensions available.
Perhaps if you have kmttg use "mediainfo" instead of "ffmpeg" to detect video resolution it may work better. The latest Windows Tools package has "mediaInfo_cli" installation and you can point kmttg to MediaInfo.exe under that folder under Config->File->Programs for "mediainfo cli" entry.
Note that before running the qsfix job when you have "Enable VideoRedo QS Fix video dimension filter" enabled kmttg will spit out the detected video dimensions to be used, so you should check if that is correct. (I'm assuming you already have that option enabled, and you should if you don't).

Old 04-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #5100
sanjonny

Quote:
kmttg uses either ffmpeg or mediainfo to detect video dimensions, it's not done as part of VRD qsfix script since the VRD COM (batch) jobs have nothing related to detecting video dimensions available.
Perhaps if you have kmttg use "mediainfo" instead of "ffmpeg" to detect video resolution it may work better. The latest Windows Tools package has "mediaInfo_cli" installation and you can point kmttg to MediaInfo.exe under that folder under Config->File->Programs for "mediainfo cli" entry.
Note that before running the qsfix job when you have "Enable VideoRedo QS Fix video dimension filter" enabled kmttg will spit out the detected video dimensions to be used, so you should check if that is correct. (I'm assuming you already have that option enabled, and you should if you don't).
Yes, dimension filter is/was enabled. It really only happens on SD, but it happens more often than it should. Will try the switch to mediainfo to see if it helps.

One other strange thing, more of a videoredo issue, but recently, i had one recording processed that included variable frame sizes on qsfix. (commercials were different than programming AFTER qsfix) which might be a bug or something to do with how they are handing second audio streams. I am using the latest beta VRD so that might be it too, but I have not seen that in a few years so it was just weird as the dimension filter SHOULD kick that out.

Thanks for your help, will let you know how it goes
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote