Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #91
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post

Was I the only one who thought that they didn't learn enough about booby-trapping from Morgan?

My thoughts were that, whether or not they were still there, they should have booby-trapped that place to the hilt with mega-destructive traps.
They weren't trying to kill all the Woodbury peeps. Had they wanted to, you're right, it would have been very easy. They were trying to get them to think the prison was abandoned and let their guard down. Had the Governor's group been caught in booby traps, they'd have been much more careful and alert.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #92
stellie93

I definitely think that anyone who had a chance to kill the Gov (and there were lots of them) and didn't deserves to be eaten by a zombie and then become one.

Twice in this show I screamed at the screen, which I don't usually do--first at Andrea to shut up and get the PLIERS. And then, "All right, Carl." So I guess it was pretty good, for me.

It was nice of Tyrese to stay and guard the kids and old people, but what he really should have done is pack up supplies and weapons and RUN. They would have been in trouble if the Gov came back.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #93
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
her feet were still tied when he lunged, one hand may have been too.
Her feet were never tied. She brought her feet up to her lap when she was picking up the pliers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
Are we supposed to think they brought the entire remaining population of Woodbury to the prison?
Yes, since he drove the bus that was their main gate, the entire town is now overrun with zombies. I don't think he'd have left anyone back there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
I wish this thread had less threadcrap stuff. As has been said in many threads, if you don't enjoy the show don't watch.
It's a fine line between honest critique and threadcrap, but I haven't seen that line crossed yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosofy View Post
How did they get the tear gas or flash grenades to go off?
I thought boobytrap, but they didn't make it clear. Again, they're writing for convenience rather than believability.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #94
wkearney99
Bill Kearney

Quote:
Originally Posted by purwater View Post
I was expecting the guy to keep creeping towards Carl and then grab him and put a gun to his head making Herschel and Beth drop their guns like always happens in TV and movies. Carl actually shooting was a nice surprise for me.
+1 this. I think the whole Carl/Herschel thing is just to give the fanbase something to wring their hands ceaselessly during the hiatus.

I miss the living on the run aspect of the show. Lots more new characters to interact with and many more situations. The whole prison vs townies thing was crap. Trouble is they're made the prison too good a home (script-wise) so we'll likely be stuck with them using it again next season.
wkearney99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #95
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
...Yes, since he drove the bus that was their main gate, the entire town is now overrun with zombies. I don't think he'd have left anyone back there...
good catch. I didn't realize that was THAT bus.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #96
Ereth

I have one question.

Way back in season 1 we had one of the group die. I want to say Andreas sister, but I can't remember for sure. In any case, she stayed there with the corpse overnight, and the girl didn't turn until the next day, at which point she was killed again (through the head).

So, if it takes a long time to turn, as established in season 1, why is it now that you can kill people and expect them to be useable zombies in a short time (Merle and Milktoast both).

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #97
stellie93

I didn't recognize the bus either--so they don't intend to go back to Woodbury. I would think it would be better to leave it intact till they can scavenge all the stuff that's there.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #98
danterner
Not it!

Yes, it was Andrea's sister. Time to turn varies from a few minutes to hours or more. It varies based upon a number of factors, the primary one being plot exigencies. The show addressed this through the character of Jenner at the CDC in the episode TS-19, where he said the brain stem reanimates anywhere from a few minutes to 8 hours after death.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #99
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Yes, they turn at the speed of plot.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #100
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
I have one question.

Way back in season 1 we had one of the group die. I want to say Andreas sister, but I can't remember for sure. In any case, she stayed there with the corpse overnight, and the girl didn't turn until the next day, at which point she was killed again (through the head).

So, if it takes a long time to turn, as established in season 1, why is it now that you can kill people and expect them to be useable zombies in a short time (Merle and Milktoast both).
There is no established time frame for "turning". I think I either read a Kirkman interview or maybe he just talked about in on TD once, and he basically said "it depends".

Now, he may have meant physical factors, like health/physical condition of the victim, or like Rob said, he probably meant plot considerations.

ETA: I don't recall this, but according to the Walking Dead wiki, Dr. Jenner from the CDC told the group that transformation can take place anywhere between 3 minutes and 8 hours after death.

Last edited by DreadPirateRob : 04-01-2013 at 06:24 PM.
DreadPirateRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #101
danterner
Not it!

Is this thing on?
| Twitter:
Old 04-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #102
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

This was a terrible season finale. They should have killed the governor off an moved onto something else next season. I like the "Buffy" formula. One Big Bad per season.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #103
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Is this thing on?

My apologies. I somehow missed yours.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #104
billboard_NE
North Shore MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
It was nice of Tyrese to stay and guard the kids and old people
Anyone else cringe when the Gov handed Tyrese the sniper rifle and Tyrese casually pointed it all over the place including people.

The rifle should be pointed In the air or directly at the ground, not sure if this was to reinforce the fact the Tyrese has little experience with a gun or just a random action.
billboard_NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #105
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billboard_NE View Post
The rifle should be pointed In the air or directly at the ground, not sure if this was to reinforce the fact the Tyrese has little experience with a gun or just a random action.
Heh, I wondered the same thing. "Is it just luck that this is a guy who has been shown to be bad with guns?"
Old 04-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #106
MacThor
Not Pictured

I was surprised by the protagonists' plan. I guess they voted to stay. I thought for sure they were going to booby trap the heck out of that prison, take the usable vehicles or disable them all and lock the Woodbury "army" IN (it IS a prison for crying out loud). Every Woodbury casualty would become another biter for the Woodbury "prisoners" to have to deal with. At worst Rick's group could have given themselves a heck of a head start.

What were Rick, Daryl and Michonne going to do against the remaining Woodbury force, really. If the Governor hadn't gone crazy that mission was baffling.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #107
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonRe View Post
She wasn't doing anything to the handcuffs. She was working on the chair she was handcuffed to. When Rick et al find her, she still has the cuffs on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
The way I saw it, she cut the chain connecting the handcuffs. So one side of the handcuffs was still on her wrist while the other was still on the chair.
This is the way I saw it to. Granted I was not paying close attention to the details, but this is how I feel it played out.

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #108
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Yes, they turn at the speed of plot.
This.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #109
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I enjoyed this episode and how it played out. Loved it when the smoke bombs and noise and lights went off in the prison. I mean, I knew something was going to happen, but at one point I thought "well maybe they did just leave". Then BAMM and whoop whoop whoop! And the Gov going on pyscho on his town of people - not trained fighters, but just regular old village people, so what did he really expect. But gunning them all down and then the one gal alive to survive and tell Rick. I am glad they brought them all back to the prison and and can make that into a new community. I think that will bring a change to the show. I imagine we haven't seen the last of the Governor though. He will be back with a stronger nastier group of guys.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #110
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Looks like they have fun

Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #111
billboard_NE
North Shore MA

Did the Governor know that girl was alive, or did he just run out of bullets?
billboard_NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #112
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by billboard_NE View Post
Did the Governor know that girl was alive, or did he just run out of bullets?
It was my impression that the Governor just ran out of steam or got himself under control. And he didn't see her alive under the the corpse.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #113
rimler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
No, it was a very recent TV show...the hero was aiming his gun at a bad guy who was armed but not threatening. The hero insisted the bad guy obey (I think it was to drop the weapon), and the bad guy started to say "What are you going to do, shoot me?", when in the middle of the sentence he shot him and moved on.

I think it was Justified, in the episode with the school.
It was Justified. Raylan shot the guy in the bar after pulling the fire alarm.
rimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #114
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
It was my impression that the Governor just ran out of steam or got himself under control. And he didn't see her alive under the the corpse.
He was shooting dead people in the head, and when he got to the guy who was lying on top of the woman, his gun either jammed or ran out. Then he settled down and walked away.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #115
rimler

re Carl shooting the kid when he didn't comply, and expecting the guy to drop his gun and not move forward. As a police officer, I can't tell you the number of times I've seen people do the STUPIDEST things when guns are pointed at them...by real cops. I or we will scream "show me your hands!" or "Don't move!" or whatever, and people STILL put their hands in their pockets, under the car seat, whatever. And these are innocent people. Well, sort of. Most totally innocent people don't have cops' guns pointed at them. Point is, they do the dumbest ****. And we aren't 12 year old kids, like Carl.

All that said, Carl did the right thing. This isn't our world anymore, it's the ZA world. You can't take a chance on people. Misjudging one person is gonna get someone or someones killed. That kid didn't comply, in fact he did the opposite. One warning given, the next one is a bullet coming at ya. Fast, as Raylan would say.

I also liked how Carl looked so dubious about the Woodbury survivors arrival. That gives Carl the slight push away from "I'd do that" to psychopath. But again, I think he's the only one thinking about what world they are in. I'd say give them a chance, but I'd be very very guarded about it. Although most of them looked like very little threat.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #116
rimler

I thought the ep was good, I enjoyed it a lot...despite the absolute idiot things the writers had the characters do. Andrea sitting there not working her butt off to get lose was soooooooooo stupid it was distracting. And I remember in the first ep what a well oiled fighting machine our heroes were....and this episode they have the bad guy army in a....you know...PRISON WITH NO KEYS...and they didn't take advantage of that. Instead they tried to SCARE
the psychopath away. Whaaaaa?

And the whole handcuff thing, the zombie headshots vs. never hitting a real person, and.....well, a whole bunch of small stupid stuff that really wears over time. Lazy writing, IMO.

As much as I disliked Andrea, waiting on that shot to go off while the characters were outside with their heads down in sorrow knowing that Michonne was inside saying goodbye...that was well done.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #117
nycmiddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Playing devil's advocate here....were one of your stratagies for defending the prison to include having people in the guard tower? I would have hated to be on guard duty that day

I do agree I'd rather defend the prison than the town though if it came down to it.
That would not have been a good day!
nycmiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #118
nycmiddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
This was a terrible season finale. They should have killed the governor off an moved onto something else next season. I like the "Buffy" formula. One Big Bad per season.
And that is one of the reasons Boardwalk Empire and True Blood are lacking for me. The story arc is understood and I am just watching it play out.

GoT changed all that for me. So, I must respectfully disagree. It was a refreshing change to not have the "villain" dispatched either at the ten or sixteen hour mark based on the number of episodes in a given show.
nycmiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #119
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Were people actually expecting this episode to be a showdown between Rick and the Governor, with the Governor ultimately being killed? I definitely figured the Governor would not be killed off so quickly, so I wasn't expecting that. I wonder if people who were expecting that were more underwhelmed by this episode than those that weren't expecting it.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #120
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs
No, it was a very recent TV show...the hero was aiming his gun at a bad guy who was armed but not threatening. The hero insisted the bad guy obey (I think it was to drop the weapon), and the bad guy started to say "What are you going to do, shoot me?", when in the middle of the sentence he shot him and moved on.
Not the scene you are describing, but this one comes to mind as well:

| Twitter: