TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
Test

Walking Dead - Welcome to the Tombs - 03/31/13

Good stuff, but how did Andrea not survive that attack? I mean I knew she wasn't making it out of the episode alive, but c'mon she made it out of the cuffs and couldn't take down or avoid zombie Milton?
Old 03-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Well, a wrench is just about the worst possible weapon against a zombie, since you have little chance of destroying their head...at least, not before they've had plenty of time to get in a good bite or two.

I was thinking Andrea was a complete idiot for spending so much time sitting in the chair watching Milton die. If she had spent that time freeing herself, she would have been free before he turned. But then I realized I wasn't being fair. The writers were just trying to ramp up the tension.

So it's a matter of idiotic writers, not an idiotic character.

Shame about Andrea. She's a good character in the comics, but they never really did anything with her in the show.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
Langree
The Gimp

her feet were still tied when he lunged, one hand may have been too.

Also: I woulda have done exactly what Carl did. "Put the gun down" is not the same as "hold on to the gun and keep closing on the child.", Hershal should have reacted first.. "I said drop the gun!".
Old 03-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Well, a wrench is just about the worst possible weapon against a zombie, since you have little chance of destroying their head...at least, not before they've had plenty of time to get in a good bite or two.
latch onto the jaw.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
wedgecon
Just Plain Awesome

I don't know if I can look forward to another season at the prison. I bet AMC has ordered another round of budget cuts for the most popular show they have ever had.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wedgecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
JohnB1000

I thought it was a strong episode and I enjoyed it.

Ultimately, as far as I remember, Andrea achieved less than nothing this season. She could have killed the Guv on a few times and as far as I can remember all of her plans either came to nothing or failed.

Not sure why the guv just disappeared at the end, he could easily have gone back to Woodbury with a story.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #7
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

So where are the Governor and his two last men off to and could you imagine car ride?

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
Not sure why the guv just disappeared at the end, he could easily have gone back to Woodbury with a story.
A story for whom? To accomplish what? The only able-bodied people left in Woodbury were the two who wouldn't fight for him. The rest are children and old people...useless to a psychopath on the warpath.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #9
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
I was thinking Andrea was a complete idiot for spending so much time sitting in the chair watching Milton die. If she had spent that time freeing herself, she would have been free before he turned. But then I realized I wasn't being fair. The writers were just trying to ramp up the tension.

So it's a matter of idiotic writers, not an idiotic character.
I don't recall Andrea doing a lot of sitting and watching. She was working on getting the wrench, then getting it picked up. Yes, she'd pause once in a while to see if he was dead yet or talk to him, but she didn't stop trying to free herself. Picking up a wrench with her feet while handcuffed to a chair isn't exactly easy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #10
mrdazzo7

I thought it was an ok episode, but not really on the level of what I was expecting after an entire season of build up. if you think about it, nothing really happened... The governor showed up for war, but then the opposition was run out of the prison almost immediately. So aside from a few bullets, there was no real battle (the gun fight when the Zombie-bomb got delivered was 100 x more tense...). They retreated, and then he murdered half the town. Then Rick/etc went back to finish him off, watched Andrea die, and brought the town back to the prison.

Unless I'm missing something, there was almost no resolution to the entire arc of the season. Things changed (Rick now has Woodbury in a sense) but really, not enough for season finale time... comparing it to last season's finale, which was excellent, it falls flat to me.

Even the way the ended Andrea makes little sense to me... her arc through the whole season is being separated from the group, finding they're alive, trying to bridge peace between them and her new group, realizing the new guy is a psycho, then getting kidnapped before she could get back to her old group - but then she dies anyway. And not only that but her death is completely pointless, so it's not even like she died with a purpose, which I would have been fine with. most people hated her anyway so I'm guessing there won't be any tears shed, lol.

I don't know, I guess it sets up a lot for next season, but I hoping this story would have been wrapped up and next year would be something different - the way they did it last year was perfect. Some slow stuff in the middle of the season but a ton of build up that culminated in the insane farm battle and ended with the group cut in half with nowhere to go, and foreshadowed the next chapter (the prison). I don't think another season of "prisoners vs. the governor" is that exciting.

Anyway, like I said, it sets stuff up for next year but I don't think this was near the caliber of last year's finale, or even the one at the CDC.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #11
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
I don't recall Andrea doing a lot of sitting and watching. She was working on getting the wrench, then getting it picked up. Yes, she'd pause once in a while to see if he was dead yet or talk to him, but she didn't stop trying to free herself. Picking up a wrench with her feet while handcuffed to a chair isn't exactly easy.
She spent probably as much time staring at Milton as she did trying to get the wrench.

And again, I don't blame her. I blame idiot writers who sacrifice any sense whatsoever to create a little extra drama. I suspect by this point, Andrea welcomed death as an escape from the stupidity she was repeatedly forced to exhibit.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:31 PM   #12
Azlen

Why choose the prison and not Woodbury? Woodbury looks a whole lot nicer, safe and it seems to have the resources to keep everyone fed. It would also be easier to set a trap for the governor if he returns. The prison doesn't seem to be all that appealing.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:46 PM   #13
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I think Woodbury would be a lot harder to defend...it's too big, they don't have very many able-bodied people, and the Guv knows it better than they do. I suspect it would be trivial for him to sneak in and slit their throats while they sleep.

It's gonna be hard enough defending the prison, but at least they have good fallback positions there.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:03 PM   #14
Azlen

Quote:
I think Woodbury would be a lot harder to defend...it's too big, they don't have very many able-bodied people, and the Guv knows it better than they do. I suspect it would be trivial for him to sneak in and slit their throats while they sleep.

It's gonna be hard enough defending the prison, but at least they have good fallback positions there.
But the Governor wouldn't necessarily know that they took it over. Tyreese could open the doors like nothing was wrong and he could be ambushed pretty easily.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #15
JohnB1000

You realize that she didn't spend half her time looking at him right? It's just the way they chose to present it for tv show dramatic license. But once you decide a point you like to stick with it I suppose.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #16
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
You realize that she didn't spend half her time looking at him right? It's just the way they chose to present it for tv show dramatic license. But once you decide a point you like to stick with it I suppose.
Well, if you actually read my posts you'll realize that's exactly what I said. But once you decide a point you like to stick with it I suppose.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #17
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
So I guess we learned that Milton is not a good dodgeball player. Not too surprising. (Except it was a pliers, wasn't it?)

I thought this was a very good episode, but not necessarily a very good season finale episode. Where's the cliffhanger here that's supposed to keep me on the edge of my seat, waiting for the show to return? The only thing that distinguished this from a normal episode was that it featured more background music than normal.
| Twitter:

Last edited by danterner : 04-01-2013 at 05:32 AM.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #18
fmowry

Pretty lame finale. I guess Milton needed to leave some tool for the whole scene, but some crappy pliers isn't going to get you loose from handcuffs anyway. I couldn't tell what she was trying to do with the handcuffs to get them off.

And the whole standoff at the prison? Why wouldn't Rick's people sit there and pick people off out in the open rather than spray shots all over the place and just chase them away? Everyone try and kill the governor.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #19
BrandonRe

She wasn't doing anything to the handcuffs. She was working on the chair she was handcuffed to. When Rick et al find her, she still has the cuffs on.

I enjoyed the episode. And I am looking forward to next season. It will be a reversal of this season. The prison group now has the advantage of strength. Woodbury is the weaker of the positions at this point.

I also liked how Rick finally realizing that bringing others into their fold was the right thing to do made him stop having visions of Lori.
BrandonRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:44 AM   #20
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einselen View Post
So where are the Governor and his two last men off to and could you imagine car ride?
That's what I was wondering. I thought they were headed back to the prison but they didn't go there. They didn't go back to Woodbury either, so where did they go? And the people with the governor must be thinking that he went over the top and they could be next. They may want to kill him themselves.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #21
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonRe View Post
She wasn't doing anything to the handcuffs. She was working on the chair she was handcuffed to. When Rick et al find her, she still has the cuffs on.

I enjoyed the episode. And I am looking forward to next season. It will be a reversal of this season. The prison group now has the advantage of strength. Woodbury is the weaker of the positions at this point.

I also liked how Rick finally realizing that bringing others into their fold was the right thing to do made him stop having visions of Lori.
Is Woodbury even a concern for them at this point? The remaning population have no leader anymore and Rick et al obviously clued them in to what the Governor was all about should he return.

Are we supposed to think they brought the entire remaining population of Woodbury to the prison?
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #22
SeanC
ECT

I completely agree with you Rob, there is no reason for her to get bit other than the writers wanted her bit.

Zombies aren't known for their quick reflexes and good balance. All she had to do was put her foot on his chest and push, that should have knocked him down, and given her 5-10 seconds to keep trying to free herself while Milton got back up.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #23
danterner
Not it!

He drinks a whiskey drink, he drinks a vodka drink...
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #24
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

For a long while, I thought Carl will turn into a worse version of Shane. But then he explained himself and I totally agreed with his logic
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #25
Cainebj

Just out of curiosity...

A few weeks ago someone posted that someone had gotten a hold of the final episodes and were putting spoiler screen grab images up on facebook and elsewhere.

I laid low cos I didn't want to know
- but does anyone know what there were of?
I am assuming one was of Merle.

Norman Reedus said last night on The Talking Dead that someone posted pictures of him with his guts hanging out from a movie he did a couple years back and people thought it was Darryl. I wondered one was that?
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #26
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I looked again at the Andrea scenes, and it was even stranger than I originally thought...the chair she was handcuffed to was welded steel, so there was really nothing for her to work on with the pliers. I notice that they never actually showed what she was doing; her body or the chair was always blocking where the pliers were. I suspect it's another case of the physical reality of the set not matching the script, and they didn't bother changing anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
For a long while, I thought Carl will turn into a worse version of Shane. But then he explained himself and I totally agreed with his logic
Yeah, my thought in that scene was that Carl is one of the few people in the history of film and television to know that when you tell somebody who has a gun and is moving towards you to freeze and drop the gun, and they don't, the appropriate response isn't to wait for a while and hope they eventually comply.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #27
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

The way I saw it, she cut the chain connecting the handcuffs. So one side of the handcuffs was still on her wrist while the other was still on the chair.
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #28
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
Just out of curiosity...

A few weeks ago someone posted that someone had gotten a hold of the final episodes and were putting spoiler screen grab images up on facebook and elsewhere.

I laid low cos I didn't want to know
- but does anyone know what there were of?
I am assuming one was of Merle.

Norman Reedus said last night on The Talking Dead that someone posted pictures of him with his guts hanging out from a movie he did a couple years back and people thought it was Darryl. I wondered one was that?
Yup, those were the 2 pics posted on the net.
I just saw the pic of Norman Reedus on Twitter with the tag "Daryl dies".
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

trnsfrguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #29
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
The way I saw it, she cut the chain connecting the handcuffs. So one side of the handcuffs was still on her wrist while the other was still on the chair.
I agree.
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

trnsfrguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #30
TeddS
Obfuscator

Quote:
I think it was pliers. And pliers are excellent for fighting zombies - you can use it to remove their teeth. This guy knows what I'm talking about...

Spoiler:

TeddS is online now   Reply With Quote