TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #121
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmhjr View Post
So, now the argument is that Tivo is less expensive in the long run because you just don't buy new equipment? Really?
No, its because you can purchase a 'new' tivo with lifetime and warranty from the Tivo clearance area for $450. Yes they are sold as refurb but every one I have gotten was new in plain brown box with a hard drive with less than 10 hrs on it.

They are also on sale for $49 pretty regularly on Amazon, Woot, Best Buy and others.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #122
wmhjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I should have read the entire you responded to rather than just the part you quoted. Mea Culpa. However, I was just pointing out that you do not have to buy buy new nor do you have to buy from TiVo. And as atmuscarella pointed out, you can usually get a discount at some point even if you buy from TiVo, although that also applies to the TP4 or XL4.

If this post doesn't qualify, it comes awfully close.

I must've missed those posts.
My answers to those are that you need to compare apples to apples. Obviously the majority of buyers cannot buy "used" or refurbished. And the discounts are overwhelmingly small if the equipment is sold "as new" with a warranty. $50 off on a$900 investment for a single unit doesn't measurable impact the math. If you're talking about buying used, then the argument remains the same, as unless other people are buying new stuff, there is no used stuff - or there is no Tivo service.

Even the thread you pointed to doesn't IMHO point to cost being the only driver. I have no problem with Tivo being more expensive. The question is as you alluded to - what are the benefits of the product compared to alternatives, and what are the corresponding costs, limitations, and RISKS.

I honestly think a SWOT would be more appropriate for us to discuss in terms of Tivo value and cost. What are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, etc. We all know TINSTAFL, right? There is no such thing as a free lunch.
wmhjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #123
wmhjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
No, its because you can purchase a 'new' tivo with lifetime and warranty from the Tivo clearance area for $450. Yes they are sold as refurb but every one I have gotten was new in plain brown box with a hard drive with less than 10 hrs on it.
No, because the majority of customers can not purchase from Tivo clearance. People have to buy new units in order to create opportunity in the clearance center. But anyway, it simply does not matter. The general cost remains the same. Today in the clearance center are standard 2 tuner low capacity Premiers for $50 off. Just does not change the math.

Quote:
They are also on sale for $49 pretty regularly on Amazon, Woot, Best Buy and others.
Not sure what you're saying here, but if you're talking about 2 tuner premiers, again - does not change anything. Especially if they are used.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #124
lpwcomp

Quote:
No, because the majority of customers can not purchase from Tivo clearance. People have to buy new units in order to create opportunity in the clearance center. But anyway, it simply does not matter. The general cost remains the same. Today in the clearance center are standard 2 tuner low capacity Premiers for $50 off. Just does not change the math.
What "a majority of customers" can or cannot do is irrelevant to this discussion. This thread started out as a discussion of various options to the Mini and should not be limited to what most people can do. Even if you have to pay "full" price, you absolutely cannot say it is never worth it under any circumstances. If you're going to look at it purely from a cost perspective, most people should probably just go with the cable providers whole home DVR solution.

In any event, if and when TiVo ever implements dynamic tuner allocation, more weight will go to the Mini side. Having to permanently remove 1 or 2 tuners from your pool of tuners available for recording is a terrible idea. Combined with the fact that you can't save what is in the live buffer makes for a device of limited utility.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #125
wmhjr

Quote:
What "a majority of customers" can or cannot do is irrelevant to this discussion. This thread started out as a discussion of various options to the Mini and should not be limited to what most people can do. Even if you have to pay "full" price, you absolutely cannot say it is never worth it under any circumstances. If you're going to look at it purely from a cost perspective, most people should probably just go with the cable providers whole home DVR solution..
Sorry but the thread drifted, like it or not. And what customers "can" or "will" do is entirely relevant to this discussion. I've never ever said that overall the mini is "never worth it under any circumstances". I do maintain that Tivo is in a tough spot, and really needs to consider the market in a far more effective way. Playing catch-up stinks, but due to decaying innovation at Tivo, that is exactly what they now have to do. I am surprised that nobody has taken issue with your cost perspective. While I kind of agree, there are a bunch of people here who really truly believe that nothing is as inexpensive as Tivo. I'm not in that bunch.

Quote:
In any event, if and when TiVo ever implements dynamic tuner allocation, more weight will go to the Mini side. Having to permanently remove 1 or 2 tuners from your pool of tuners available for recording is a terrible idea. Combined with the fact that you can't save what is in the live buffer makes for a device of limited utility.
I totally agree with that. I am very impressed with the general performance of the mini. That being said, choosing to retain it will require the addition of another XL4 in my home due to the reduction of recording tuners and the inability to integrate whatsoever with Series 3 devices. Actually, the release of the mini IMHO finally puts the nail in the Series 3/HD coffin. I am selling my HDs immediately (both with lifetime) because anyone with any intelligence at all should recognize that they will start declining in resale value REALL fast most likely.

The current Tivo solution is an idea born of frantic fear, having languished so long behind MSO products that they must have felt that anything would be better than nothing. In spite of the fact that many here think I hate Tivo for some reason (seems like transparency is a bad thing for some) I do like Tivo. I ordered another XL4 (I'll probably end up with 2 XL4s, already have 1, and a mini). I'll sell my HDs and just stick my "relatively new 6 month old" premier in a closet. It is the only one which does not have lifetime, so it has no value really. I'll try that for a couple weeks and if it works that'll be my solution. Problem is, how may people are willing to pay, let's see.... $1953.00...... up front. That gets me 7 tuners (really only would like to retain 6, but....) a bunch of recording capability in two spots, and able to watch TV in 3 rooms. With the MSO, 1st DVR free, no cablecards, and you could actually do 2 more DVRs for $40/month. I know they aren't as good but it would give recording capability in all 3, whole house and sufficient tuners. I'd be able to hang on to the $1953. The $40/mo has to be decreased by $7.90 because I still need to pay $7.90 for Tivo cablecards but not with VZ DVR. That makes it $32.10/mo if I were to switch. I'm sticking with Tivo but don't expect any kind of marketing campaign to overcome that. Some folks don't understand that many using these things just don't have an extra $2000 to blow all at once on DVRs.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #126
jcthorne

Quote:

Not sure what you're saying here, but if you're talking about 2 tuner premiers, again - does not change anything. Especially if they are used.
No they don't. Anyone can go to the tivo clearance area and see what they offer for sale. Right now its 500gb 2 tuner units at a not so special price but that is not always the case. And the $49 units at Amazon and Woot have been pretty regular over the last year. Its called smart shopping rather than walking into best buy and paying full retail. Regular consumers do it all the time. I am NOT talking about used units on craigslist. NEW, IN BOX with full warranty and available to anyone that cares to look.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #127
wmhjr

Quote:
No they don't. Anyone can go to the tivo clearance area and see what they offer for sale. Right now its 500gb 2 tuner units at a not so special price but that is not always the case. And the $49 units at Amazon and Woot have been pretty regular over the last year. Its called smart shopping rather than walking into best buy and paying full retail. Regular consumers do it all the time. I am NOT talking about used units on craigslist. NEW, IN BOX with full warranty and available to anyone that cares to look.
I'm sorry, you misunderstand what I'm saying Most customers can NOT by on clearance, because if "most customers" did, there would be no clearance. Tivo (or any direct business for that matter) simply cannot sell "all" or even "most" of their product as "clearance" or "refurbished". You can only have refurbished if another customer bought new, and returned it. You can only sell "clearance" if customers are buying new product and you're trying to get rid of overstock.

Anybody can log in. Frankly, NOBODY right now can buy a mini, or a mini host device in clearance. They just don't exist.

So the point is, "smart shopping" or otherwise, if you want whole home, you can't buy via clearance. Therefore, you can't use "clearance" as evidence as to how Tivo is cheaper. Them are apples and oranges.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #128
jcthorne

Tivo Premiere 2 tuner units are available in clearance to anyone that wants to order them.

My whole point was that using 2 or 3 Premieres as a whole home solution can be done for not that much more money and may indeed have a better feature set for some users.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #129
wmhjr

Quote:
Tivo Premiere 2 tuner units are available in clearance to anyone that wants to order them.

My whole point was that using 2 or 3 Premieres as a whole home solution can be done for not that much more money and may indeed have a better feature set for some users.
I agree that they may have more use as a whole home solution, but that drives the price way up. The least even a used Premiere with lifetime (using multi discount) is at least $450 each, compared to $250 for the mini. You then also need cablecard fees per month for each. I still also say that it's not really appropriate to quote pricing just for clearance. If everybody did that, there would be no clearance because there would be no "new product sales" to drive returns/refurbs.

I certainly agree that it still might make more sense even though it's even more expensive. You really need to have the right "set of requirements" for the mini to make sense IMHO. I'm still trying one, but will have at least 2 XL4s in addition to the mini to make it work.

BTW, for all those saying the HDs with lifetime will easily sell for $300, mine has been on ebay. Listed at $250, buy it now at $300. No takers or bids as of yet. Maybe it will sell, but it is clear that people are certainly not breaking down the doors to get to it.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:25 AM   #130
jcthorne

You waited to long to part with the HD. I sold mine for $420 right after I bought my first Premiere. Net cost to upgrade was less than $100. Premiere has been out too long now and added too many features the HD does not support. It is reaching EOL and the values are dropping like the S2s did.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #131
atmuscarella

Quote:
You waited to long to part with the HD. I sold mine for $420 right after I bought my first Premiere. Net cost to upgrade was less than $100. Premiere has been out too long now and added too many features the HD does not support. It is reaching EOL and the values are dropping like the S2s did.
I tend to agree with this. The Premiere has now been out for 3 years some of the Original Series 3 units have been around for 6.5 years and some TiVo HDs almost 6 years.

The one place where the various Series 3 units might still offer pretty good value is for OTA users, but that is a pretty small subset of the stand alone DVR market and if TiVo releases a new DVR that supports OTA and has more than 2 tuners I think that will dry up too.

Personally if TiVo does release a new DVR with OTA support I plan on buying it and selling my Premiere and have assumed that by then it will not be worth trying to sell my Series 3 units, the same that happened with my Series 2 units.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:53 AM   #132
aaronwt
HD Addict

it's always going to be better to sell when a new model comes out than three years later. I sold(or gave away) my nine s3 boxes within a couple of months of the Premiere being released. And they covered most of the cost of my lifetime Premieres. And when/if a six tuner box comes out, I will sell my two lifetime Elites within a couple of months as well to cover at least 100% of the cost of one lifetime six tuner box.

That way there is still more time left on the extended warranties(which help the sale) and there is still a larger market of people to sell to.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #133
wmhjr

I would like to point you folks back to earlier posts, where TivoHD values kept getting tossed around. If you carefully read those posts (in this thread and others) you'll see that many people were making the claim that TivoHDs (right now, without any modifications) are still worth $300 or so. When I went on eBay, and came back saying that I wasn't necessarily seeing that, people told me that I just wasn't seeing it. Now that I have a device that I've put up for sale and am not getting bites, people are seeming to say "well, right NOW they're not worth that, but if you immediately upgrade when a new device comes out and THEN sell your existing device, it works out".

I specifically called out that the release of the mini (not supporting HDs) probably would decrease the resale value of the HD/S3 as well as the HD having an inability to stream. People here contradicted me, but now seem to be agreeing with me when facts point to evidence? Keep in mind that this is all within the past 10 days......

So, do you guys now agree that the TivoHD is NOT going to continue bringing $300? I will take that unit that is now for sale, put it someplace else, take a bunch more pics, etc. I seriously do not think it will make a darned bit of difference. I could certainly be wrong. It would be nice to be wrong. I don't think I am. I think the TivoHD is probably worth less than $200 at best.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #134
atmuscarella

Quote:
I would like to point you folks back to earlier posts, where TivoHD values kept getting tossed around. If you carefully read those posts (in this thread and others) you'll see that many people were making the claim that TivoHDs (right now, without any modifications) are still worth $300 or so. When I went on eBay, and came back saying that I wasn't necessarily seeing that, people told me that I just wasn't seeing it. Now that I have a device that I've put up for sale and am not getting bites, people are seeming to say "well, right NOW they're not worth that, but if you immediately upgrade when a new device comes out and THEN sell your existing device, it works out".
Well the Series 3 units have been discontinued for 3 years if you had upgrade anytime in the last three years getting $300 or more would have been normal. At some point everything is just to old and it's value goes down.

Quote:
I specifically called out that the release of the mini (not supporting HDs) probably would decrease the resale value of the HD/S3 as well as the HD having an inability to stream. People here contradicted me, but now seem to be agreeing with me when facts point to evidence? Keep in mind that this is all within the past 10 days......
Nothing new, Streaming is a Premiere only feature. Series 3 units can not stream content to anything. The Mini is the third devices that streams content first came the actual Premiere DVRs and the Stream now the Mini.

Quote:
So, do you guys now agree that the TivoHD is NOT going to continue bringing $300? I will take that unit that is now for sale, put it someplace else, take a bunch more pics, etc. I seriously do not think it will make a darned bit of difference. I could certainly be wrong. It would be nice to be wrong. I don't think I am. I think the TivoHD is probably worth less than $200 at best.
Well the last one sold on ebay went for $345 and that was on 3/28/13, the one before that went for $272 on 3/27/13. Both had the original 160GB hard drives. So I am guessing it would be pretty easy to sell one for $200

P.S. An original Series 3 that was listed as broken sold for $197 on 3/27/13 so if you can not sell your something is really wrong
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio

Last edited by atmuscarella : 03-29-2013 at 11:18 AM.
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #135
wmhjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmuscarella View Post
Well the Series 3 units have been discontinued for 3 years if you had upgrade anytime in the last three years getting $300 or more would have been normal. At some point everything is just to old and it's value goes down.

Nothing new, Streaming is a Premiere only feature. Series 3 units can not stream content to anything. The Mini is the third devices that streams content first came the actual Premiere DVRs and the Stream now the Mini.

Well the last one sold on ebay went for $345 and that was on 3/28/13, the one before that went for $272 on 3/27/13. Both had the original 160GB hard drives. So I am guessing it would be pretty easy to sell one for $200

P.S. An original Series 3 that was listed as broken sold for $197 on 3/27/13 so if you can not sell your something is really wrong
My thoughts: I was skeptical about an HD being worth - today - $300 and said as much, but was repeatedly told that I was wrong. Now, you're saying that maybe it really isn't worth $300, but folks are conveniently ignoring where just a few days ago they insisted that it was worth that much.

I would argue that the Stream does not fit in this picture, as it isn't part of the whole home strategy IMHO, but that doesn't really matter.

What this means for me is that those who are comparing buying Tivo w/lifetime in terms of costs really need to adjust their math. It seems, based on your comments as well, that such a plan requires selling and repurchasing new equipment every 3-4 years. That seems to be the product release cadence that Tivo has.

Again, my belief here is several fold. First, that the financial model must include selling and then replacing (or perhaps replacing and then selling to be more accurate) within a year or so of when a "new" gen is released. If you have This will also add $100 every generation, as when you sell your "qualifying device" you need to add another "qualifying lifetime device" which is $499 vs $399. So, every 3 years for two Tivos, you have at least $900 in lifetime subs, plus the cost of equipment. Or, you need to keep a spare "qualifying device" even if you don't use it, because effectively it's worth at least $100 in sub discounts every generation. Second, that this means really that for a two DVR home, you have at LEAST a spend of (assuming you also want a mini for example) $1200 plus the mini cost, which I won't add in because I'm not yet sure how to calculate how that'll work out over the long haul. Plus cablecards. Subtract from that your resale value of original equipment, which I'll calculate at $600 just for kicks. So, it's $600 plus mini plus cablecards for 3 years plus the original purchase price of $1200. That's a lot of one time investments. The math, if nothing breaks, works out. If you do it at 3yr increments, you can minimize potential failure costs, as break-fix would be limited to $99 per unit for replacement by Tivo plus shipping. So, that's probably the most cost effective model, right? But, that's still far different from what folks were saying before I think.

Just my thoughts.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #136
tatergator1

Quote:

Out of curiosity, I had a look. There are a lot of variables when looking at the recently sold list here, like hard drive upgrades, etc, but lamenting that your Tivo HD is worth $200 at best is being a bit dramatic, IMHO. Based on recent sales, it's worth at least $250, and could realistically still fetch $300+ depending on the bidders, which is true of any eBay auction.

I also note that you know have a starting bid of $250 on your sale now. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you end up around $300 by the time the auction closes. eBay auctions are notorious for having the majority of the bidding happen in the last few hours, if not minutes. Patience is key.
tatergator1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #137
wmhjr

I really hope I do. I have two of the HDs with lifetime. The second has an upgraded drive in it. I may hang onto it as it's my "qualifying" Tivo. Whatever I'd sell it for, the implication is that my next purchase will cost me $100 more if I don't have it. So, if it sells for $300, it's really $200, etc. Have to wait and see.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #138
lessd

Quote:
I really hope I do. I have two of the HDs with lifetime. The second has an upgraded drive in it. I may hang onto it as it's my "qualifying" Tivo. Whatever I'd sell it for, the implication is that my next purchase will cost me $100 more if I don't have it. So, if it sells for $300, it's really $200, etc. Have to wait and see.
The last TiVo-HD one I sold on E-Bay at the end of Feb went for $359 (was a fixed price listing) with free shipping, no upgraded hard drive, stock E-Bay picture of the TiVo. Look at my listing, took about 3 days to sell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230926334941...84.m1587.l2649

Old 03-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #139
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
You don't want to sell the qualifying TiVo before gettign the new one. although in my TiVo use I've always been able to pay the MSD price. Even though all my TiVos have MSD service on them. But I've also bought and sold around twenty of them since late 2006.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #140
wmhjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
You don't want to sell the qualifying TiVo before gettign the new one. although in my TiVo use I've always been able to pay the MSD price. Even though all my TiVos have MSD service on them. But I've also bought and sold around twenty of them since late 2006.
The point I was making is that you're right - until you then want to upgrade again. In that case, you'll pay the full price for the first upgrade. That's what I did as well. I now have two HDs with lifetime. One is my "qualifying box". I was able to then get the $399 vs $499 lifetime on both of my subsequent premieres. However, if I now sell both HDs, the next box I get will cost me $499 for lifetime. If I keep the qualifying HD, then the next upgrade will be $399 for lifetime. So the "value" of the HD is resale receipt minus $100. Make sense? Point is, when people here are talking about a "continuous upgrade" plan, they continue to use $399 as the "new" lifetime cost of their next box. This can only happen so long as they retain the original qualifying box and do not sell it. If they do, then at least one of the boxes for each generation will be $499 vs $399.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #141
lessd

The last time I checked you can get MSD pricing if you have any active TiVo on your account or if you use the prmo code PLSR, TiVo changes things all the time so I don't know today if any of that works.

Just checked the prmo code PLSR, works, dropped the Lifetime price from $499 to $399 when applied.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #142
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
The last time I checked you can get MSD pricing if you have any active TiVo on your account or if you use the prmo code PLSR, TiVo changes things all the time so I don't know today if any of that works.

Just checked the prmo code PLSR, works, dropped the Lifetime price from $499 to $399 when applied.
YMMV. I just put a TP4 with lifetime into the cart without logging into my Tivo.com account, tried to apply PLSR and I'm told it's not a valid code.
tatergator1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #143
Loach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
YMMV. I just put a TP4 with lifetime into the cart without logging into my Tivo.com account, tried to apply PLSR and I'm told it's not a valid code.
It doesn't work if you buy it on tivo.com. It works when you buy it from a third party seller like Best Buy or yogicomp. You put the code in when you go to activate service on tivo.com. It also won't do anything for you if you're already eligible for MSD, because lifetime is already $399 under MSD (it won't take your price from $399 to $299).
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #144
wmhjr

Quote:

I would also agree that YMMV. Technically, from Tivo what I described as accurate, and I sure would not be willing to bet that you will always be able to get around it.

The Tivo official policy as expressed to me several times by several different Tivo reps during the past few weeks is: You must have ONE qualifying device for which you paid/or are paying full price in order to qualify for MSD on any other device. Specifically I was told that my qualifying device was one of my HDs. If I purchased more equipment, I would receive MSD. If I then sold the HD, I would not be charged an additional $100. However, I would be charged the full $499 the next time I purchased lifetime on a new product. If I sold the HD before buying something now, then I'd pay $499 for lifetime.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #145
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
I would also agree that YMMV. Technically, from Tivo what I described as accurate, and I sure would not be willing to bet that you will always be able to get around it.

The Tivo official policy as expressed to me several times by several different Tivo reps during the past few weeks is: You must have ONE qualifying device for which you paid/or are paying full price in order to qualify for MSD on any other device. Specifically I was told that my qualifying device was one of my HDs. If I purchased more equipment, I would receive MSD. If I then sold the HD, I would not be charged an additional $100. However, I would be charged the full $499 the next time I purchased lifetime on a new product. If I sold the HD before buying something now, then I'd pay $499 for lifetime.
That is what I've always read, but the three times I've called and asked, they have told me that all my boxes were a qualifier for MSD pricing except for the Premiere I have on monthly($6.95 a month). Even though all my lifetime boxes I currently own and previously owned have MSD lifetime on them(or cost less than MSD lifetime pricing. Some boxes I paid $200 for lifetime, like my launch Premieres)
Old 03-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #146
wmhjr

So, here is all I can say. This is my experience lately....

Had 2 HDs, 1 XL4, 1 Premiere. One of the HDs w/lifetime was my "qualifying" box. The 1 standard Premiere is not on lifetime (there's a reason - and it's only a few months old). Asked about picking up another XL4 and a mini. Said I was also thinking about selling the HDs, and dropping the Premiere off the account if I did this.

They described exactly what I said above. They dropped the termination fee for the Premiere if I want to drop it. They said if I sold the HDs first, then the XL4 would be $499 for lifetime. If I sold the HD later (at least the one with lifetime) then I'd pay $399 now, but the next box would have a $499 lifetime fee on it. I called 3 times to confirm the answer. All exactly the same.

So, I now have 2 XL4s with lifetime, 2 HDs with lifetime (of which I'm currently trying to sell 1) and a Premiere that I'll likely drop any day now and just throw the box in a closet or sell it cheap. I'm still deciding if I want to keep the other HD. I might just give it to somebody else to use for a while.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #147
lessd

Quote:

I have a blank TiVo account, (has no TiVos in the account), I started to activate a TP (I have this TP as a tuner only for a guest bedroom, will get the four networks on my cable system) and got a price of $499, I clicked the have prmo code and entered the PLSR code and the price went down to $399, I did this about 2 hours ago.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #148
wmhjr

Quote:
I have a blank TiVo account, (has no TiVos in the account), I started to activate a TP (I have this TP as a tuner only for a guest bedroom, will get the four networks on my cable system) and got a price of $499, I clicked the have prmo code and entered the PLSR code and the price went down to $399, I did this about 2 hours ago.
Like I said, YMMV.