TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #121
Nargg

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc03 View Post
anyone ever have issues with their slide remote freaking out and continuing to send the same signal over and over after pushing the button just once? I stopped using mine long ago because it kept doing that.
I don't with the slide, but my normal remote I use on our second TiVo unit likes to send double button presses to the TV. So like the volume shoots up or down two knotches instead of one. And turning on or off the TV can be a trick!
Nargg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #122
eric102

Just got a 2nd "refurb" Slide from Tivo.com and carefully inspected the seals on the retail box and confirmed that these are new units that just have refurb stickers on the outer part of the retail box and blister pack. The 2 clear round seals on the top of the box are intact as well as the retail bar code sticker/seal on the bottom of the box which had been covered up with a refurb sticker.

$50 shipped not a bad deal for a new Slide. They sure seem to work better (snappier?) than the standard and Glo remotes.
eric102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #123
leiff

any way to get a slide for under $100? When might TiVo begin selling a Bluetooth remote again? I'm in desperate need of a Bluetooth remote. I'd rather not have to settle for using that transmitter battery/spaceship looking thing. It requires constant battery swapping. About once a well I think which was annoying and I never knew when it was time to swap the non transmitter battery.
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:20 AM   #124
justen
Gadget Geek

Nearby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
any way to get a slide for under $100?
I picked one up just a few days ago from Fry's. At the time, TiVo.com was still listing refurbished models for $39.99, but as out of stock (it's not listed at all anymore, though). The store manager took $20 off their $69.99 price (in part because their last remaining Slide was an open box, in part because of the TiVo.com price being marked down, and in part because the item was being discontinued).

I've noticed several Best Buy stores still have the peg for the Slide, but I haven't seen any in stock for a few months. You could still check any that might be near you, and they might still be able to do an inventory search for nearby stores? (I don't see that option on bestbuy.com anymore, presumably since it is a discontinued item.)

Last, but not least, eBay or Craigslist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
When might TiVo begin selling a Bluetooth remote again? I'm in desperate need of a Bluetooth remote. I'd rather not have to settle for using that transmitter battery/spaceship looking thing.
I don't know anymore than you do, but I agree wholeheartedly on the value of having a Bluetooth option. I actually wound up giving my first TiVo Slide to a friend so that she could keep one of her TiVo Premieres in a closet (with a nice HDMI wall outlet on both sides of the closet wall, leading to the television). The Slide works beautifully for her, thanks to the Bluetooth connectivity.

Having my own again, I'm reminded of how much I love the balance and "heft" of the Slide. And it's tough to underestimate the convenience of the keyboard. Not everybody wants to whip out their smartphone or tablet just to type a few characters on the screen, but having the Slide keyboard makes it a much less painful process.

I thought it was always quite cute that the Mini was usually shown with a Slide. I was bummed (but not surprised) to unbox my Mini but find no Slide. It isn't a huge loss in that specific instance, considering the more limited feature set of the Mini right now, but it would have been a nice (and àpropos) option.

All in all, I'm a big fan of the Slide. I hope it isn't gone for good, but it's hard to see it coming back after virtually any trace of it has been removed from TiVo.com, no?

Last edited by justen : 03-23-2013 at 05:32 AM.
justen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:14 AM   #125
ShinySteelRobot

Currently these are $170 new at Amazon.com.
No, that's not a typo.

I love my Slide remote because it's waaaay faster than a Glo remote, and the keyboard is super handy when using YouTube and particularly Netflix searching.
ShinySteelRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #126
mattack

I admit I don't even use the iphone app *too* often to type into the Tivo (but I do use it every day to download or stream stuff via my Tivo Stream on my iPad)... But I suspect lots of people who have a Tivo have an iPhone and could use that to type into the Tivo instead of the expensive (at the original MSRP) remote.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #127
aaronwt
HD Addict

It's much easier to type on physical keys than virtual.

I just hope the Slide remote will still work with the Series 5 TiVos.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #128
DJQuad
Poker Junkie

I'm not surprised. Ever since P4 was released TiVo's reliability, stability, and customer service has been horrid.
DJQuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #129
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuad View Post
I'm not surprised. Ever since P4 was released TiVo's reliability, stability, and customer service has been horrid.
You're not surprised about what?

Oh, and my P4 Elite is rock-solid. Love it! Sorry to hear you are having issues.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #130
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Looks like he's only responding to the title of the thread "TiVo Slide remote discontinued", answer - not surprised. Makes sense in that context.

Gives him the opportunity to post something else negative, that doesn't even have anything to do with the subject.

Typical.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote