TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #31
overFEDEXed

If you are referring to me, then you have a reading problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by button1066 View Post
I also think the no questions asked 60 day return policy should be changed. Returning items unopened is a separate issue to the OP who not only opened his but spent hours setting set them up (apparently) and a few days of confirming they don't have Netflix like he was told before wanting a do over and his money back.
Do you have a problem reading? These Mini's were from Tivo. The order from BestBuy was cancelled. Where does it say that these were from BB?

Quote:
I called Tivo, to ask what my options were. I told the CSR that I really needed Netflix and that I just wanted to hold onto the boxes, and reactivate if/when it shows up with an update.
1: He said that I could pay $50 extra, for each box and that there would be no commitment.... No way, I could just buy them at BestBuy.

Then you say this;

Quote:
OP who not only opened his but spent hours setting set them up.
Where does it say that I opened them up. I opened one. The other is sealed.

Then, here you go again.

Quote:
spent a few days of confirming they don't have Netflix
Quote:
I did know, before I ordered, that Netflix was not included.
I thought that it would be enough to have HuluPlus and I did want to try them out. It is not going to get it, in my household.
Quote:
Yesterday, we reconfigured the house. TV's, who's moving into what room, that kind of thing. Now, I don't really need them like I thought, before this last minute plan, by my wife.

They would have come in handy, with or without Netflix, on the old layout
I am a Premier Silver member. That means that I have spent thousands, yes I said thousands of dollars at BestBuy. This is merchandise that I have bought and kept. I have a sixty day return window. So, if this is ME that you are talking about, guess what? If I had bought and returned them to BB because I didn't like them, in your mind, YOU WOULD STILL BE
Quote:
subsidizing other people's consumer regret over impulse buys.
and there is nothing that you can do about it. Nothing!

Last edited by overFEDEXed : 03-20-2013 at 07:08 PM.
overFEDEXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:26 AM   #32
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Well this thread sure got derailed fast.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #33
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

Reading through this thread, it almost feels like an opening epilogue of Monday Night Raw.

Almost.

We just need a steel chair.......
TiVo HDXL TCD658000
TiVo HD TCD652160 + WD 500GB Expander
Retired: Philips Series 1 HDR212 & TiVo Series 2 540080
NotNowChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #34
overFEDEXed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Well this thread sure got derailed fast.
Yes, It might of had to do with me mentioning, what the TiVo CSR said.
The part about his friend buying a four tuner, activating the mini and then returning it. The CSR said that he could see, where this could be a problem, for retail.

I already own my four tuner. I purchased my Mini's from TiVo. I will pay for return shipping, if I decide to return them.

I don't understand where button1066, got their info, that said that I bought these from BestBuy.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I guess that I should add an option 4;
Return the Mini's, pay the full return shipping, then go by BestBuy and give them a 15% restocking payment, for an item that I never received from them.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #35
jmpage2

I imagine everyone here has used a return policy to get out of a purchase they weren't happy with. What many including myself took offense too is that you say you aren't happy about missing Netflix when you knew that the Mini did not have it before you bought it.
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #36
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

Wait a minute?

You wanted Mini(s), knew they didn't have Netflix but you wanted them to have Netflix really really bad.
You ordered 2 from TiVo, got impatient, so you ordered 2 from Best Buy for instant gratification.
You cancelled the Best Buy order.
You accepted the 2 from TiVo.
You got mad they don't have Netflix.
You realized you made a huge impulse buy/decision that might not have been the best judgement.
You want to cancel and return them.

Wow.

Good thing they were TiVo Minis and not the automobile Minis.
TiVo HDXL TCD658000
Old 03-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #37
Davisadm
TiVo is Back!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNowChief View Post
Wait a minute?

You wanted Mini(s), knew they didn't have Netflix but you wanted them to have Netflix really really bad.
You ordered 2 from TiVo, got impatient, so you ordered 2 from Best Buy for instant gratification.
You cancelled the Best Buy order.
You accepted the 2 from TiVo.
You got mad they don't have Netflix.
You realized you made a huge impulse buy/decision that might not have been the best judgement.
You want to cancel and return them.

Wow.

Good thing they were TiVo Minis and not the automobile Minis.
Here Here
Davisadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #38
h2oskierc
I'm a 2-Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
I imagine everyone here has used a return policy to get out of a purchase they weren't happy with. What many including myself took offense too is that you say you aren't happy about missing Netflix when you knew that the Mini did not have it before you bought it.
Yup, that about sums it up. Nobody cares where they came from. In the end, the returned ones all raise the prices for everyone else, regardless of where they were returned to.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #39
mr_smits

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskierc View Post
Yup, that about sums it up. Nobody cares where they came from. In the end, the returned ones all raise the prices for everyone else, regardless of where they were returned to.
But no one cares about returns except, apparently, a few of you in this thread. Let Best Buy worry about their return policy. Let Tivo worry about their return policy. If they need to make a change, they will.

Move on.
mr_smits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #40
button1066

Quote:
Originally Posted by overFEDEXed View Post
Do you have a problem reading? These Mini's were from Tivo. The order from BestBuy was cancelled. Where does it say that these were from BB?

I am a Premier Silver member. That means that I have spent thousands, yes I said thousands of dollars at BestBuy. This is merchandise that I have bought and kept. I have a sixty day return window. So, if this is ME that you are talking about, guess what? If I had bought and returned them to BB because I didn't like them, in your mind, YOU WOULD STILL BE and there is nothing that you can do about it. Nothing!
Are you feelling ok? Maybe you should buy some more Mini's and return them to Best Buy or whatever it is you do for a hobby.

Note: I read "I am a Premier Silver member." with an exasperated lisp. "I am a THILVER member god dammit!!"
button1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #41
jmpage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_smits View Post
But no one cares about returns except, apparently, a few of you in this thread. Let Best Buy worry about their return policy. Let Tivo worry about their return policy. If they need to make a change, they will.

Move on.
The reason I care about return abuse is Costco. Costco used to have a fantastic return policy that I personally only used rarely (but was very glad it was available). Unfortunately there were many people that viewed the Costco return policy as a revolving rental so that they could bring in that two year old TV (that had nothing wrong with it) and walk out with a brand new one.

When return policies are abused it not only trickles down into higher prices for other consumers but also results in much needed return policies being trimmed back.

At the end of the day though, you are right, it's for TiVo and/or BB to worry about, not us.
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #42
DaveDFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_smits View Post
Let Best Buy worry about their return policy. Let Tivo worry about their return policy.
Exactly. As long as the OP is within the return period, who cares?

Consumers are allowed to change their minds. If Tivo feels their process is being abused, then they need to change their policy.
DaveDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #43
button1066

Quote:
The reason I care about return abuse is Costco. Costco used to have a fantastic return policy that I personally only used rarely (but was very glad it was available). Unfortunately there were many people that viewed the Costco return policy as a revolving rental so that they could bring in that two year old TV (that had nothing wrong with it) and walk out with a brand new one.

When return policies are abused it not only trickles down into higher prices for other consumers but also results in much needed return policies being trimmed back.

At the end of the day though, you are right, it's for TiVo and/or BB to worry about, not us.
Did Costco change their return policy? I'm not a member so don't know about their policy. I think the days of no questions asked returns might be numbered because of the way it gets abused.

And it seems to me that when jackasses abuse the system then it will have to be changed just for reasons of economics and this is to the disadvantage of all. I think there are quite a few people like me who are generally responsible in other aspects of our lives who resent the idea of subsidizing the behaviour of others. It's just an opinion. You can see the mentality of people with differing opinions above in this thread, e.g. "there's nothing you can do!" for God's sake. "I'm special" and so on ad nauseum.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #44
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

Who is going to put on CAPS LOCK first!?!?

TiVo HDXL TCD658000
Old 03-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #45
overFEDEXed

Quote:
Are you feelling ok? Maybe you should buy some more Mini's and return them to Best Buy or whatever it is you do for a hobby.

Note: I read "I am a Premier Silver member." with an exasperated lisp. "I am a THILVER member god dammit!!"
Where does it say here, in this forum, that I bought and received THESE Mini's, that I have? They are from TiVo.com

Why do you keep talking about BestBuy, when these aren't from BB?

Please quote me when you find it.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #46
button1066

Uh-oh. I realized I got the OP confused with somebody else earlier in this thread. I'm surprised he got so feisty about his Best Buy status though so I don't feel too guilty. For the record overfedexed isn't the guy who had trouble with his setup so sorry about that.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #47
overFEDEXed

Smile

Quote:
Uh-oh. I realized I got the OP confused with somebody else earlier in this thread. I'm surprised he got so feisty about his Best Buy status though so I don't feel too guilty. For the record overfedexed isn't the guy who had trouble with his setup so sorry about that.
Apology accepted. I got so excited, that I accidentally purchased a Sharp 90'' Tv, on Bestbuy.com

Don't worry, I will return it.....in 59 days!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #48
button1066

Quote:
Apology accepted. I got so excited, that I accidentally purchased a Sharp 90'' Tv, on Bestbuy.com

Don't worry, I will return it.....in 59 days!
Don't forget to tell them you are a special customer (silver status!) and to write an essay about it on here.

Hopefully you don't end up like this guy...

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/10/be...oo-many-items/

And I was apologising about confusing you with the other nuisance customer who couldn't set his mini up not for the fact that you are a nuisance customer. If you are happy about that and have stopped your ranting then fair enough.

Last edited by button1066 : 03-21-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #49
overFEDEXed

Speaking of ranting, here are five of yours

Quote:
Don't forget to tell them you are a special customer (silver status!) and to write an essay about it on here.

Hopefully you don't end up like this guy...

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/10/be...oo-many-items/

And I was apologising about confusing you with the other nuisance customer who couldn't set his mini up not for the fact that you are a nuisance customer. If you are happy about that and have stopped your ranting then fair enough.

I started this thread asking for these guys opinions, on whether or not I should return my Mini's or just deactivate and hold on to them for future use.

Why did you come into this thread and say

Quote:
In my opinion TiVo should charge people like the OP a restocking fee so that they might be encouraged to thinks things through more thoroughly before buying more stuff they don't want in the future. Looking at the history of the OP's purchase he bought two Minis for no other reason than he couldn't be bothered to wait for the first one to show up in the mail.
I didn't ask for opinions on restocking fees, so why did you post this?
And this;

Quote:
Why would you buy something you don't like? In the case of this thread, why would anyone buy two of something they don't like? Why not ten - it's free to return them right?

You don't like restocking fees, I don't like subsidizing other people's consumer regret over impulse buys.
And this;

Quote:
I also think the no questions asked 60 day return policy should be changed. Returning items unopened is a separate issue to the OP who not only opened his but spent hours setting set them up (apparently) and a few days of confirming they don't have Netflix like he was told before wanting a do over and his money back.
And this;

Quote:

And this;

Quote:
And it seems to me that when jackasses abuse the system then it will have to be changed just for reasons of economics and this is to the disadvantage of all. I think there are quite a few people like me who are generally responsible in other aspects of our lives who resent the idea of subsidizing the behaviour of others. It's just an opinion. You can see the mentality of people with differing opinions above in this thread, e.g. "there's nothing you can do!" for God's sake. "I'm special" and so on ad nauseum

That's five times that YOU were ranting and you were ranting at the wrong person.

Also, please find any posts here, or for that matter, provide any evidence, that shows that I'm a "nuisance customer". You can't even figure out who is who on here.

Quote:
Uh-oh. I realized I got the OP confused with somebody else earlier in this thread
Please post/quote whatever you find.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #50
overFEDEXed

Amazon review

Quote:
Everyone in the market for TiVo gear should care, at least a little, because a high level of returns will trickle down eventually into higher retail pricing.

I agree, that there is a market for the ability to watch TiVo recordings from a 2 tuner Premiere. I am far more skeptical that there is a market for people who want to dedicate one of their two tuners from a 2 tuner Premiere to service a Mini.

TiVo might do an about face when dynamic tuner allocation becomes available (well, if it does). Time will tell.
I saw your review over at Amazon. I'm guessing that it was you and it was great. It included everything that you could possibly think of.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #51
button1066

Quote:
I started this thread asking for these guys opinions, on whether or not I should return my Mini's or just deactivate and hold on to them for future use.

Why did you come into this thread and say

I didn't ask for opinions on restocking fees, so why did you post this?
And this;

And this;

And this;

And this;

That's five times that YOU were ranting and you were ranting at the wrong person.

Also, please find any posts here, or for that matter, provide any evidence, that shows that I'm a "nuisance customer". You can't even figure out who is who on here.

Please post/quote whatever you find.

Aaaaand you couldn't stop. There is enough evidence in this thread about how much of a nuisance customer you are. Read your own comments. Think about why there are so many mocking or negative comments in the thread you started. "I'm a silver member" LOL, do you mind if I use that at the bottom of my posts by the way?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #52
overFEDEXed

I don't mind at all

Quote:
Aaaaand you couldn't stop. There is enough evidence in this thread about how much of a nuisance customer you are. Read your own comments. Think about why there are so many mocking or negative comments in the thread you started. "I'm a silver member" LOL, do you mind if I use that at the bottom of my posts by the way?
I don't mind. Do you mind if I use this one?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by button1066
Uh-oh..... I..... confused. Uh-oh..... I ..... confused.
This is part of the reason that people were mocking me. Based on this assumption/misinformation, they were mocking the wrong person then.
. I didn't buy these from BB, remember? I'm wanted to try and KEEP the units, remember? So why the talk of the restocking fee...because you had the wrong person.