TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
klm727

Network Errors

I easily and quickly installed new Mini on an Ethernet Network, yesterday. Attempts to stream HD content from my XL4 generated V87 errors and less frequent V69 errors. I did not disconnect or power down my XL4, as the 87 error suggested. Likewise, I wasn't using a wireless connection as suggested by the 69 message. Support chat suggested powering down and restarting the Mini. Curiously, SD content didn't cause the same errors. Thoughts?
klm727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
HarperVision

Try rebooting all your network equipment (modem, router, switches, MoCA, etc.)
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
scole250

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm727 View Post
I easily and quickly installed new Mini on an Ethernet Network, yesterday. Attempts to stream HD content from my XL4 generated V87 errors and less frequent V69 errors. I did not disconnect or power down my XL4, as the 87 error suggested. Likewise, I wasn't using a wireless connection as suggested by the 69 message. Support chat suggested powering down and restarting the Mini. Curiously, SD content didn't cause the same errors. Thoughts?
HD requires must more bandwidth than SD, so I don't know that I'd rule out wireless as the issue.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
HarperVision

He said he "wasn't" using wireless....

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm727 View Post
...Likewise, I wasn't using a wireless connection as suggested by the 69 message...

HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
scole250

Try new patch cables.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
klm727

OK. I've rebooted the XL-4 and Mini, multiple times. I've swapped out the Ethernet cables. No change. The screen is black, then the V87 error appears. HD continent does it every time. Very disappointing. The Mini is worthless to me.
klm727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
2trill4925

What's your network diagram consist of? Are you running RJ-45 from A to B or do you have a switch in between to create C? If you're using a switch, does it have any power saving or QoS features? Are these OEM cables, or did you have them made? I'm sure that you had known good results in other tests, right? Are you able to test other methods? If your television has multiple inputs place both units (host and client) on that TV and run then directly through your router. Report your findings.

I had my network triangulated and got similar errors, although I'm running wireless. I noticed my Mini would not find the host if I was using the Netflix App, and I got random disconnects. My problem ended up being 3rd party firmware not suitable on the 5 GHz band.
2trill4925 is offline   Reply With Quote