TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #181
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Code:
Set-Cookie: sid=%s; path=/; expires="Saturday, 16-Feb-2013 00:00:00 GMT";
That's the string, from tivoapp, that's used to generate the cookie header. As to why that date, I have no idea. I assume it was just X years out (at least 8; maybe 10?) from whenever the code was written. Or, who knows? Maybe it's somebody's birthday.

Sadly, no, it's not debug code. The TiVo was always sending out that date (proven from old logs). We just didn't notice.
Thanks...

In otherwords, someone just hardcoded that specific date into the application rather making it dynamic (Now() + XX days). Not the worst bug ever created, but it wasted about 2 hour of my time digging around trying to narrow down what was causing the problem (ie rebooting computer, rebooting TiVo, searching for answers, etc).

What was misleading was the error stated "File not found", thus I was thinking "There is a file missing needed to download files"
Tivo user since 1999.

Last edited by nrnoble : 03-14-2013 at 01:16 PM.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #182
tatergator1

Not only was an arbitrary date hard-coded, the whole process of sending cookies isn't completely implemented. This is exactly why the work-around functions. tivoapp was coded to generate a cookie, purportedly for a verification process, but there is no verification code, all that matters is the existence of an unexpired cookie, i.e. cookie=abc.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #183
nrnoble

And what is somewhat interesting about the Tivo Desktop is that it never really evolved into a more useful application. It's nearly identical in functionality to the way it was when it was first released.

And from what I've read, its not even 'offically' compatiable with Windows 8, which seems to suggest that the application does not have much development resources behind it.
Tivo user since 1999.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #184
rws70

Hi,
Is there a way to speed up the transfers?

I noted this line in the code you provided:

speed-time = 30

Can that be changed to make the transfers faster?

Many Thanks!

rws70
rws70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #185
morac
Cat God

No that doesn't do anything. If you want speed up transfers and use a Premiere, turn on "fast" mode.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #186
malayphred
Underpowered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
No that doesn't do anything. If you want speed up transfers and use a Premiere, turn on "fast" mode.
Where does one find this 'fast mode'?
malayphred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #187
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by malayphred View Post

Where does one find this 'fast mode'?
In the settings of TiVo Desktop.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #188
malayphred
Underpowered User

Quote:
In the settings of TiVo Desktop.
That must be the TD+

I don't have a "Settings" on my basic app.

Oh wait - found it. It's in the "Preferences" .

Sorry.

Last edited by malayphred : 03-19-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Update
malayphred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #189
msavic

Yahoo!!!

OMG! I’ve spent half of my life looking for solution on this problem. I can’t believe that adding simple line fix the problem. Thank you, thank you, thank you…

Quote:
I found a work around for TiVo Desktop. There's a curl.conf file in the TiVo Desktop settings folder (*). This can be used to add parameters passed to curl.

Make a backup of curl.conf and then edit it with a text editor and add the following line to the bottom of the file:

Or just use the attached curl.conf file (extract from zip file).

(*) The folder is located in:
Windows XP = %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TiVo Desktop
Windows Vista and up = %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\TiVo Desktop

msavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #190
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by malayphred View Post
That must be the TD+

I don't have a "Settings" on my basic app.

Oh wait - found it. It's in the "Preferences" .

Sorry.
Be warned it breaks compatibility with S2s.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #191
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post

Be warned it breaks compatibility with S2s.
And S3s.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #192
jctivo

Just wanted to say thanks for the java tip. My downloads have not worked for a while and just now gotten around to fixing this. Thanks again.

Tivo Concept is the best thing since: Remote Control, Refrigerator & AC
jctivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #193
poppagene
User

Tivo has released their own patch

https://www3.tivo.com/tivo-assets/ex...atch-setup.exe
From tivo.com:
On February 16, 2013, the TiVoToGo feature of the TiVo Desktop application for Windows PCs no longer allowed transfers from the DVR to the PC. A patch has been developed which will restore the TiVoToGo transfer feature.

If you were having trouble prior to February 16, or having trouble with a different feature of TiVo Desktop, this patch is unrelated and may not be applicable. Please follow the other troubleshooting steps detailed further down in the article for assistance.

To apply the TiVoToGo Transfer patch, please follow these steps:

1.Download the TiVoToGo patch by clicking https://www3.tivo.com/tivo-assets/ex...atch-setup.exe
2.Open the tivo-desktop-patch-setup.exe file to apply the patch.
3.Follow the instructions to apply the patch.
4.Once the patch has been applied, attempt to initiate a transfer.
5.If successful, your TiVo Desktop application will continue to allow transfers.
6.If unsuccessful, it is possible the patch may not have installed correctly. Please attempt to apply the patch again.
7.If the second attempt is unsuccessful, please contact TiVo Technical Support for assistance.

This patch applies only to TiVo Desktop 2.8.3 for Windows. Older versions of TiVo Desktop and other third-party applications and devices, such as ReadyDLNA devices, Windows Home Server devices, and Roxio Toast/Popcorn for Mac may still be incompatible. Until a software update is made available for TiVo DVRs, these 3rd party devices and software may not allow transfers. The availability date for these software updates is still to be determined.
poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #194
windracer
joined the 10k club

It's not really "their own" patch so much as it is morac's patch packaged up by TiVo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #195
sshapiro

That's great for tivo-desktop for PCs, but what about Macs and linux? transferring to a mac via desktop isn't implemented for powerPC, but I used to be able to do it by just using https to connect to the tivo web server. This stopped working also. Is there a work around for this? (and by the way - the new desktop for mac will not load on my snowleopard intel mac - sigh.

Last edited by sshapiro : 04-05-2013 at 05:38 PM.
sshapiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #196
Lannister80

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshapiro View Post
That's great for tivo-desktop for PCs, but what about Macs and linux? transferring to a mac via desktop isn't implemented for powerPC, but I used to be able to do it by just using https to connect to the tivo web server. This stopped working also. Is there a work around for this? (and by the way - the new desktop for mac will not load on my snowleopard intel mac - sigh.
Use KMTTG.

http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/

I'm using it on Mountain Lion, works great. Totally java-based.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #197
jlb
NCC-1701-D

So I am a little confused......sorry....

The problem that has been discussed ad nauseum herein, would it also be the cause of the following error I get in TiVoDesktop????

Also, I am running 2.6.2. Is that part of the problem, does the editing of the curl file not work?

Please note, that while I get that error trying to enable pushing a folder to my TiVo, I can still pull single files successfully from the PC from the TiVo....

Last edited by jlb : 04-13-2013 at 03:36 PM.
jlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #198
morac
Cat God

Looks like a different problem. Try upgrading to 2.6.3.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #199
jlb
NCC-1701-D

Where do I find 2.6.3?

And I had purchased a plus key, will that transfer to the updated software?
Old 04-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #200
jlb
NCC-1701-D

LOL, trying to get help from TiVo on chat and all they say is just download and install the latest version....
Old 04-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #201
jlb
NCC-1701-D

Well....I did what they said anyways....

uninstalled 2.6.2, ran the cleaner, installed 2.8.3, patched, and it is working. So I guess a small +1 for support......

And, it seems like 2.8.3 fires up much faster on my aging XP machine than 2.6.2 did.

So I guess it all worked out in the long run....
Old 04-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #202
jlb
NCC-1701-D

...aaaaaaand it seems performance of web-based things on the TiVo is better now too.

Go figure.....
Old 04-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #203
jlb
NCC-1701-D

Last post.....sorry about the fragmented thoughts....

Put I feel like my TiVo is sorta all new again. Being able to flip right to music or Pandora without wondering if it is going to work.....whole new world.....
Old 04-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #204
pnolans

Quote:
I found a work around for TiVo Desktop. There's a curl.conf file in the TiVo Desktop settings folder (*). This can be used to add parameters passed to curl.

Make a backup of curl.conf and then edit it with a text editor and add the following line to the bottom of the file:

Or just use the attached curl.conf file (extract from zip file).

(*) The folder is located in:
Windows XP = %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TiVo Desktop
Windows Vista and up = %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\TiVo Desktop

This has got to be the gol-durndest freakin computer bug I've ever seen!!!!!

And I've only been in this business THIRTY-FIVE YEARS!!!!! Geez...

Thanks to those who figured it out and shared their findings!!!
I truly appreciate it .

I have been using Tivo Desktop since 2006....

But here's the weird thing: I started having intermittent problems that got more constant about a year ago! And.. the last successful transmissions I had were in January. So, I set the date to 1/1/13 ... and damned if it didn't start working! Edited the curl.conf as "prescribed", and again... it started working.

Wow...

Again... thanks!
pnolans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #205
xanfan

So I finally tried to do the editing to the conf file, but I have a problem. When I load it up in notepad to add the extra line of text, I discovered that the text was already there!

Any ideas on why it's still not transferring? I can't even transfer anymore if I change the date on the computer! (I'm running 2.8.2 and I have unsuccessfully added the patch that Tivo made available...)
xanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #206
Puppy76

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanfan View Post
So I finally tried to do the editing to the conf file, but I have a problem. When I load it up in notepad to add the extra line of text, I discovered that the text was already there!

Any ideas on why it's still not transferring? I can't even transfer anymore if I change the date on the computer! (I'm running 2.8.2 and I have unsuccessfully added the patch that Tivo made available...)
Your computer is "seeing" the Tivos, right, and showing you your list of shows to transfer? But it's just failing when you try to transfer?

I don't think it matters, but 2.8.3 is the newest (actually only available to download for another couple days if I'm remembering right). Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling that, and then the patch? I'd assume the patch pretty much just adds in that line, which is why it's there. You shouldn't have to edit anything after you install the patch.

What OS are you running? It's worked fine for me with Windows 7 and 8.
Puppy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:23 AM   #207
brykasch

I use kmttg and I have the same issue tried switching to java from curl and still does the same thing tried downloading a new version and it never downloads any of the tools. About at the end of my rope trying to get it to work.
brykasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #208
jcthorne

You have the latest version of kmttg? This date issue was solved some time ago.

Perhaps you need to start fresh and do a complete remove and reinstall of kmttg.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #209
James R. Matey

File Transfer Failure: network location cannot be reached

I implemented the curl.conf fix recommended here when my TIVO (HD) failed to make transfers earlier in the year. Thanks for the fix. It worked fine.

However, the same or a similar problem seems to have recurred sometime in the past month or so. Symptoms are:

1. Tivo Desktop opens up on PC.
2. Can browse files on Tivo and select for transfer.
3. Transfer seems to start, but hangs immediately.
4. Error message "The network location cannot be reached ..." is displayed on the transfer status window.

I've tried:

A. Reboot of everything -- PC, router, switch, TIVO had no effect.
B. Setting PC date to 2012, had no effect; the curl.conf file has the recommended fix.
C. Accessing the Tivo from Firefox or IE and attempting to download from there -- again fails on a hang.
D. Different files, different size files -- no effect.
E. Can ping the Tivo from the PC
F. The PC has
Win 7 sp1
Tivo Desktop 2.8.3
Hardwired (during testing) internet connection

Can anyone offer suggestions for diagnostics that would help me figure out what is going wrong?

Has anyone heard of similar problems that are not fixed by the curl.conf modification?

PS -- I checked at the TIVO end on the diagnostics page. It acknowledges that the transfer started at 10 MB/s, but that nothing got transferred.

Last edited by James R. Matey : 12-26-2013 at 11:21 AM.
James R. Matey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #210
morac
Cat God

No need to bump this old thread as the initial problem has been patched in the TiVo software on all TiVo models. The problem you are having must be unrelated.