TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
kturcotte

Overscan Settings

Is there anyway to chance the Tivo's screen size. This Tv in the place I moved into (And therefor can't replace it) majorly oversanes the picture, and I can't see anyway to fix it on the Tv. It's a Samsung TX-S2782H
kturcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

No way on the Tivo to change it, that's always a TV related issue.
Can you set it for PC mode? that inherently removes the overscan.
I'd also try other resolutions on the Tivo such as 720p to see if the TV's settings are not as out of whack on it.

I'd also Google for a service menu command that you can use to then go in and tweak the TV.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
alansh

Sometimes it's a bad combination of aspect ratios. Make sure that in the TV's picture menu the size is set to 16:9 and not 4:3 or one of the zoom settings.

Likewise, make sure the TiVo is set to 16:9 and "Panel" aspect ratio in the Settings->Video menu.
alansh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:17 AM   #4
Arcady
Stargate Fan

I don't think CRT televisions have an easy way to turn off overscan. By their nature, they are designed to cut off some of the picture because it will never exactly line up with the edges of the tube.

If you can find the code to enter service mode, you may be able to adjust the picture geometry manually, but do so at your own risk.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
alansh

It's uncommon for a recent tube TV's overscan to get that far out of adjustment, though, which is why I was thinking it was more likely there was some conflicting zoom/aspect setting. Despite being a CRT, this particular model is a 16:9 HD set.
alansh is offline   Reply With Quote