TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
lew

Tivo Search Not working

Tivo HD. Screen says Mind error Internal error: com.tivo.tri...

I forced a connection and rebooted my tivo. Didn't help.

edited to add online chat said if I already forced a connection and rebooted I have to call customer service. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited by lew : 03-13-2013 at 08:07 PM.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
rmcurtis

I'm still seeing this today. I chose the "Explore this program" option in a recorded show from my TiVo HD, and it took me to the beta Tivo Search which shows the "Mind Error" message. More content from the message:

Quote:
Internal Error: com.tivo.trio.dbaccess.DbAccessError: Default SqlException handling. SQL: /* collectionSearch,partnerId=null,app=hme/hdui-hdui_1_4_prod */SELECT collectionId, thumbs FROM c...
It looks like they have some database issues to work out.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Got the same thing last night when I searched for "The Bible". It occured when I selected the title for details after the search found it.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
lew

I got a CSR on the phone. Issue was escalated. Issue hadn't been reported. I wonder if tivo did something when they added the mini. I got the same message posted by rmcurtis.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
javabird

I had the same issue.
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #6
lew

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabird View Post
I had the same issue.
Had meaning you no longer have the issue?
Old 03-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
travellover
travellover

Mind error

This needs to be reported to tech support. If enough people report this issue they will have to investigate all commonalities between reports to find out and fix error.

If no one reports it then they won't know of it and won't be able to fix it.
travellover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
travellover
travellover

Mind error

This needs to be reported to tech support. If enough people report this issue they will have to investigate all commonalities between reports to find out and fix error.

I have same issue and also back button not working even though yellow light on unit comes on.
travellover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Anyone get this resolved? Still getting error when doing a search, either swivel or TiVo search Beta.
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
lew

Quote:
Originally Posted by travellover View Post

I reported this to tech support.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #11
a68oliver

I got this error on my Tivo S3 OLED yesterday and it is still continuing today. I tried Tivo Search on my Tivo S3 HD and it is functioning normally. I haven't called to report it yet.
Tivo HD November 2007
a68oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #12
ChrisS5

TiVO serach error

I'm having the same problem, with the same error reported. Googleing the problem has lead me to this forum.

I am surprised that tech support is not already aware of this issue solely due to its presence here in the community forums. According to the “sticky” above the forums, TiVo Support Representatives are monitoring these forums: “A group of specially selected Technical Support representatives have begun to monitor the TiVo forums at http: //forums. tivo. com. They will be monitoring 7 days per week and will answer customer questions, where appropriate. We will make our best effort to respond to all Customer Support requests within 6 business hours. TiVo Support Representatives can be identified by their username which begins with: “tivosupport_” and by their TiVo logo avatar.”

I will be calling into customer support to report the problem as well. During their normal working hours…
ChrisS5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #13
lew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisS5 View Post
I'm having the same problem, with the same error reported. Googleing the problem has lead me to this forum.

I am surprised that tech support is not already aware of this issue solely due to its presence here in the community forums. According to the “sticky” above the forums, TiVo Support Representatives are monitoring these forums: “A group of specially selected Technical Support representatives have begun to monitor the TiVo forums at http: //forums. tivo. com. They will be monitoring 7 days per week and will answer customer questions, where appropriate. We will make our best effort to respond to all Customer Support requests within 6 business hours. TiVo Support Representatives can be identified by their username which begins with: “tivosupport_” and by their TiVo logo avatar.”

I will be calling into customer support to report the problem as well. During their normal working hours…
I started this thread at the same time I reported the issue to tivo. The sticky says tivo support reps monitor the forums at tivo.com (official tivo forums). This is the tcf, not affiliated with tivo. Tivo employees occasionally post on this board.

I wonder if the issue is the result of some changes tivo made when the rolled out the tivo mini.

It couldn't hurt if other people report the issue.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #14
a68oliver

Oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a68oliver View Post
I got this error on my Tivo S3 OLED yesterday and it is still continuing today. I tried Tivo Search on my Tivo S3 HD and it is functioning normally. I haven't called to report it yet.
Oops! My mistake. My Tivo S3 HD also reports the error. I had not realized it was doing a Swivel Search instead of the Tivo Search.

Calling Tivo now.
Tivo HD November 2007
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #15
a68oliver

I talked to customer support and they reported that it was early trending which means they were just beginning to get reports. The CSR asked a series of questions to help identify some potential problems. He asked about an external hard drive (don't have one) and asked me to connect to the Tivo service to update the database. I did and after it finished loading data, I still had the problem.

So it sounds like they are aware of the problem and beginning to try to work on it.
Tivo HD November 2007
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #16
lew

I forced a connection and rebooted before I called. They checked to make sure my software is current.

I suggested the lack of reports may indicate how few people use tivo search, or at least think tivo will solve the problem without taking the time to call, and not that the problem is limited to very few customers.

Sounds like tivo may need some more phone calls from customers in order to bump this issue up enough to make it to the list of problems which may get solved.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #17
atotten

Me too on series 3

I'll call CS next. Thanks all!
===
On the phone with CS now- they have no record of the problem- am on hold while they do some additional research
===
Finally found it had been reported <phew> -no update, just that "the company is aware of the problem and is working to resolve the issue. No ETA for solution"

Last edited by atotten : 03-18-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: add info
atotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:24 AM   #18
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

It seems to be working today
However, I have my NPL sorted alphabetical with groups ON, I also have a WL called SUSPENSE for HD movies with 2013 or 2012 as a keyword, this group called SUSPENSE now appears close to the top of my alphabetically sorted under the letter B. Weird. It seems to be sorting by the category HD movies: Suspense. as opposed to the letter S in the WL Name. It may have been like this before and I never noticed.
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #19
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Got the same thing last night when I searched for "The Bible". It occured when I selected the title for details after the search found it.
Same search now working for me.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #20
lew

Works today. Excluding the day I called, 3 working days. Not horrible.