TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
sbiller

Any Hulu + Users?

How's the Hulu+ experience on the Mini?

I have a subscription primarily because my daughter uses it while away at college. I assume its a lot more "Roku-like" on the Mini versus the Premiere. I'm a fan of how Hulu+ is integrated into the unified search, browse TV & Movies, etc. I have found a show or to I've decided to watch because I have Hulu+ (e.g., The Following).
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
How's the Hulu+ experience on the Mini?

I have a subscription primarily because my daughter uses it while away at college. I assume its a lot more "Roku-like" on the Mini versus the Premiere. I'm a fan of how Hulu+ is integrated into the unified search, browse TV & Movies, etc. I have found a show or to I've decided to watch because I have Hulu+ (e.g., The Following).
Much faster than from the Premieres since Hulu Plus is running on the Mini.

Although it takes around 25 seconds for the Mini to boot into Hulu+ while the ROku 3 takes around 10 seconds. And navigating Hulu+ is fast with the Mini but nowhere near as fast as the Roku 3.

EDIT: I just checked my Roku2. It took around 20 seconds for Hulu+ to load. Navigating Hulu+ on the Mini is a noticeably faster than navigating Hulu+ on the Roku2.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt : 03-14-2013 at 11:34 PM.
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
moyekj

I can't wait to dump my sluggish Elite when the next 4+ tuner unit comes out from TiVo hopefully with a processor equal to or better than the Mini. The Mini gives a taste of how the HDUI should have performed years ago. The Elite by comparison is ridiculously slow. I avoid interacting with the Elite directly as much as possible and its sluggishness was the main reason I paid $250 for a Mini to use as a front end for it.
(Sorry for the off topic digression, but I couldn't resist given the speed comments).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:04 AM   #4
overFEDEXed

Hulu+

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Although it takes around 25 seconds for the Mini to boot into Hulu+ while the ROku 3 takes around 10 seconds. And navigating Hulu+ is fast with the Mini but nowhere near as fast as the Roku 3.

EDIT: I just checked my Roku2. It took around 20 seconds for Hulu+ to load. Navigating Hulu+ on the Mini is a noticeably faster than navigating Hulu+ on the Roku2.
20 seconds to load my Hulu+, with my Mini and Cat 6. a little longer using Moca. This is the first time that I have used Moca. My Tx Phy values are really low,Tx=122 Rx=212. I will need to check into that. I have an amp so...I can't believe that it works at all, with that number.

Funny how sometimes it just seems to take longer, especially with two little ones, waiting to watch.

Last edited by overFEDEXed : 03-15-2013 at 04:54 AM.
overFEDEXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #5
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Wow... that's good news. I find Hulu+ on my Roku 2 perfectly acceptable. I really hope TiVo can get a new Netflix and Amazon app released in the first half of this year.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
monkeydust

Hulu+ worked quite well on my mini (similar to my Samsung smart tv and much better than my Elite). But, I cancelled my subscription today since the main reason why I was using it was to get shows like the daily show and Colbert report on the tv in my basement. The mini alleviates the need for that. Any other programming I can get from my instant amazon prime streaming on my Samsung smart tv.
monkeydust is online now   Reply With Quote