TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
Stormydog

Fast forward skips to end

When watching a recorded show, I fast forward thru the commercials. I have only recently seen this behavior happen. I never had it happen before, but only now for several months. When pressing the fast forward and releasing the button, the fast forward continues until I press Pause or Play to resume. I have seen the fast forward start and suddenly it is at the end of the recording. I know you can press fast forward and hold it and it will advance to end of recording. But this happens when you start the fast forward and button is released. Fast forward is going then suddenly jumps to end. If you did not watch the screen, you may not realize you skipped half the show and the end of recording banner appears for deletion.

Wondering if anyone has had this happen (tivo software problem?) or maybe the remote is wearing out. Buttons feel like they always have, not getting mushy or have to press harder.
Stormydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

There is already a thread on this topic:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=498640

The problem was first reported after TiVo rolled out their v20.2.2.1 software update on December 5, 2012.

When pressing the fast-forward button (not the skip/scan button), some users see the program jump to the end, some see it jump about 5 minutes ahead, and some see the cursor jump to the next tick mark for a split second then settle where intended.
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Really....why can't people do a search first before cluttering up these forums? For crying out loud........I get tired of having to hit "ignore" on thread after thread...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote