TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
UCLABB
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 246
Quick shipping by TiVo

Bought it last night, shipped today.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
HarperVision
Registered User
 
HarperVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,323
Lucky you. I'm in Hawaii and I tried ordering online for a P4 and 2 minis and they wanted over $193 just for shipping !!! They are saying it has to be sent via 2-day air and not UPS/FedEx Ground, but I know for a fact they both work to ship here. Oh well, they don't want my hundreds of dollars in hard earned cash, I'll go elsewhere
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
jfh3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denver area
Posts: 4,463
Just exactly what route does UPS ground take to get to Hawaii?
__________________
- Roamio; Roamio Pro; Premiere Elite
- Premiere (2TB) (both for sale - PM me)
- TiVo Mini x 3
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
HarperVision
Registered User
 
HarperVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,323
It is just the service that they use (FedEx and UPS Ground are separate divisions of their respective companies, i.e. - FedEx Express is Air, etc.) What happens is it is trucked to a port on the west coast then put on a ship to HI, similar to what they do at the USPS with Parcel Post as opposed to Priority Mail.

What I find is that they actually just get it on the first open aircraft, with next day and second day taking priority of course.

Dave
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
jano18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 32
I ordered mine last night & it shipped today. It is coming from Texas & live outside Detroit. UPS says I should have it Thursday!
jano18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
jfh3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denver area
Posts: 4,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
Lucky you. I'm in Hawaii and I tried ordering online for a P4 and 2 minis and they wanted over $193 just for shipping !!! They are saying it has to be sent via 2-day air and not UPS/FedEx Ground, but I know for a fact they both work to ship here. Oh well, they don't want my hundreds of dollars in hard earned cash, I'll go elsewhere
How about Best Buy?
__________________
- Roamio; Roamio Pro; Premiere Elite
- Premiere (2TB) (both for sale - PM me)
- TiVo Mini x 3
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:35 AM   #7
HarperVision
Registered User
 
HarperVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,323
There isn't one on my island, but there is on Oahu. I called them and they said they're out of stock (???) and show 4 more on the way. I asked about shipping them inter-island and she said they don't do that and to order online. I said it doesn't show online and she said I'd have to wait until it does then.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #8
jfh3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denver area
Posts: 4,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
There isn't one on my island, but there is on Oahu. I called them and they said they're out of stock (???) and show 4 more on the way. I asked about shipping them inter-island and she said they don't do that and to order online. I said it doesn't show online and she said I'd have to wait until it does then.
No unicorns in paradise I guess.

Must be interesting shopping in Hawaii.
__________________
- Roamio; Roamio Pro; Premiere Elite
- Premiere (2TB) (both for sale - PM me)
- TiVo Mini x 3
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #9
MrZarf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
There isn't one on my island, but there is on Oahu. I called them and they said they're out of stock (???) and show 4 more on the way. I asked about shipping them inter-island and she said they don't do that and to order online. I said it doesn't show online and she said I'd have to wait until it does then.
You'd think that they'd be more interested in making a sale....
MrZarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #10
atmuscarella
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
It is just the service that they use (FedEx and UPS Ground are separate divisions of their respective companies, i.e. - FedEx Express is Air, etc.) What happens is it is trucked to a port on the west coast then put on a ship to HI, similar to what they do at the USPS with Parcel Post as opposed to Priority Mail.

What I find is that they actually just get it on the first open aircraft, with next day and second day taking priority of course.

Dave
How much it costs to ship stuff is a mystery to me. I have purchased $10 items on ebay that have been shipped from both China and England (I am on the East Coast) both showed up in under a week. Other things purchased for near by states cost more to ship and take almost as long.
__________________
atmuscarella
R.I.P. - 04/04 - Dish 510
09/05 - Humax T-800
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |