Forum Jump

Old 03-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
UCLABB

Quick shipping by TiVo

Bought it last night, shipped today.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
HarperVision

Lucky you. I'm in Hawaii and I tried ordering online for a P4 and 2 minis and they wanted over $193 just for shipping !!! They are saying it has to be sent via 2-day air and not UPS/FedEx Ground, but I know for a fact they both work to ship here. Oh well, they don't want my hundreds of dollars in hard earned cash, I'll go elsewhere
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
jfh3

Just exactly what route does UPS ground take to get to Hawaii?
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
HarperVision

It is just the service that they use (FedEx and UPS Ground are separate divisions of their respective companies, i.e. - FedEx Express is Air, etc.) What happens is it is trucked to a port on the west coast then put on a ship to HI, similar to what they do at the USPS with Parcel Post as opposed to Priority Mail.

What I find is that they actually just get it on the first open aircraft, with next day and second day taking priority of course.

Dave
Old 03-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
jano18

I ordered mine last night & it shipped today. It is coming from Texas & live outside Detroit. UPS says I should have it Thursday!
jano18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
jfh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
Lucky you. I'm in Hawaii and I tried ordering online for a P4 and 2 minis and they wanted over $193 just for shipping !!! They are saying it has to be sent via 2-day air and not UPS/FedEx Ground, but I know for a fact they both work to ship here. Oh well, they don't want my hundreds of dollars in hard earned cash, I'll go elsewhere
How about Best Buy?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:35 AM   #7
HarperVision

There isn't one on my island, but there is on Oahu. I called them and they said they're out of stock (???) and show 4 more on the way. I asked about shipping them inter-island and she said they don't do that and to order online. I said it doesn't show online and she said I'd have to wait until it does then.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #8
jfh3

Quote:
There isn't one on my island, but there is on Oahu. I called them and they said they're out of stock (???) and show 4 more on the way. I asked about shipping them inter-island and she said they don't do that and to order online. I said it doesn't show online and she said I'd have to wait until it does then.
No unicorns in paradise I guess.

Must be interesting shopping in Hawaii.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #9
MrZarf

Quote:
You'd think that they'd be more interested in making a sale....
MrZarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #10
atmuscarella

Quote:
It is just the service that they use (FedEx and UPS Ground are separate divisions of their respective companies, i.e. - FedEx Express is Air, etc.) What happens is it is trucked to a port on the west coast then put on a ship to HI, similar to what they do at the USPS with Parcel Post as opposed to Priority Mail.

What I find is that they actually just get it on the first open aircraft, with next day and second day taking priority of course.

Dave
How much it costs to ship stuff is a mystery to me. I have purchased $10 items on ebay that have been shipped from both China and England (I am on the East Coast) both showed up in under a week. Other things purchased for near by states cost more to ship and take almost as long.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote