TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #151
SullyND
L:27-31

Two sitting right next to other TiVos at my local BB. No premieres yet for me or I'd pick one up.
SullyND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #152
tbielowicz

Which location?
tbielowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #153
brholl

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey ghost View Post
My question is "How far behind the new Mini will the announcement of a new(higher performing) 4 or 6 tuner Tivo be??" Will it coincide with the end of the Premiere 4/Stream bundle special(Mar. 11) or is this just wishful thinking on my part"
It looks like they extended the Premiere 4/Stream bundle promotion. I just got an email about it where the fine print says it's available until March 17th. I wonder if this means they're pushing out the release another week?
brholl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #154
poppagene
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwagner010 View Post
I see it has a USB port. Does the Bluetooth remote work with the unit?
USB will probably work for wireless (or wired) keyboard as well like it does for the Series 3 and the Premiere.
poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #155
Craig in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbielowicz View Post
Which location?
The city rhymes with Cork, and there is nothing New about the city.
Craig in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #156
Am_I_Evil

Called the "Worst Purchase" in Westbury, NY....while they didn't have any they told me South Setauket and Riverhead did....my buddy just picked mine up in South Setauket...
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #157
grey ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by brholl View Post
It looks like they extended the Premiere 4/Stream bundle promotion. I just got an email about it where the fine print says it's available until March 17th. I wonder if this means they're pushing out the release another week?
Thanks for the heads up on the change. They still have not changed the notice on the website. Could the March 17th extension be for current subscribers only?

March 11th??

Got a question for the Mini owners, can you use a Tivo wireless adapter instead of a direct ethernet connection? If not, I guess I could extend my network using a Apple Express 2 and then run the ethernet from there

Last edited by grey ghost : 03-10-2013 at 02:55 PM.
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #158
teklock

Quote:
BB management are saying the 17th as well, so I bet it will be another week.
teklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #159
aaronwt
HD Addict

I went by the Springfield VA, Best Buy on the way back from a movie with my GF.
I gave the Magnolia Rep the model and the SKU and they could not find any info about the Mini.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #160
davezatz
Funkadelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I went by the Springfield VA, Best Buy on the way back from a movie with my GF.
I gave the Magnolia Rep the model and the SKU and they could not find any info about the Mini.
I had them pull it all up at store in our region as well. Springfield was on the list as having zero in stock. With at least one store on order or in transit and 12 in the MD warehouse. I'd rather not run the screenshot/photo as I don't want to get this guy in any sort of trouble. So your guy didn't check the regional inventory thing or they've been hidden. But the SKU definitely brought it up with the correct pricing (as we know it).
davezatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #161
HenryFarpolo

I picked one up this PM. Activation had a minor glitch on line. I called TIVO CS and they said it couldn't be activated until tomorrow. Tried the online activation a second time and it went right through.

There was no delay after activation. I went to the TV and the setup process was a snap.

So far everything is as advertised and as other posters have noted. I am very happy with the small form. It replaces a Verizon DCT700, and gives me HD, guide and bells and whistles of a normal DVR. A big step forward!!
HenryFarpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #162
wizardman13

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezatz View Post
I had them pull it all up at store in our region as well. Springfield was on the list as having zero in stock. With at least one store on order or in transit and 12 in the MD warehouse. I'd rather not run the screenshot/photo as I don't want to get this guy in any sort of trouble. So your guy didn't check the regional inventory thing or they've been hidden. But the SKU definitely brought it up with the correct pricing (as we know it).
I live in the Southern MD area and I was told the same thing (on Saturday afternoon about being 12 in the warehouse). He told me Waldorf had two in transit and my best buy wouldn't be getting any at all. (My store is not a Magnolia store). I didn't care to order at that time. When I came home last night and read your post about 12 for the whole East region, I ran back to the store to order two. I didn't realize there was only one warehouse for all these stores. Mine are suppose to come in on Thursday.

My problem is I was looking for a package deal with Tivo with a 4XL and the minis. I don't have a Tivo now so I was hoping for some kind of deal.
wizardman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #163
bluebsh

picked up two at a local retailer, they where on the shelf but not scanning... they did a product lookup and sold them for the listed price
bluebsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #164
morac
Cat God

Makes me wonder if the delay was caused by inventory problems.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #165
aaronwt
HD Addict

Will Walmart be carrying the Mini?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #166
compnurd

I HIGHLY Doubt the 17th is the release date. That would be a Sunday. I have a feeling it is in next weeks Best Buy ad and the idiots think they cant sell it till then
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #167
Am_I_Evil

got mine all hooked up and activated...paid the $149 for lifetime...seems to have worked fine for the few minutes i played with it...will have more time later..
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #168
Bigg

I went into a BB to see if they be chance had any, and I was really depressed at how poor the selection of HT stuff is at BB. It wasn't a Magnolia, however, so I doubt it would ever have the Mini, unless they update it to work with the 2-tuner boxes that this store sells.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #169
Bwatford141

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
appreciated but if this comes out this week you can kiss that profit goodbye
Yeah, that's ok. I will just return it to BB and lose my 50˘ list fee.
Bwatford141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #170
Bwatford141

Quote:
Got a question for the Mini owners, can you use a Tivo wireless adapter instead of a direct ethernet connection? If not, I guess I could extend my network using a Apple Express 2 and then run the ethernet from there
I couldn't tell you. I have mine hooked to my wired network. Everything is very quick! There is about a 4.5 second delay when "channel surfing" as discussed previously, but I only surf the guide.
Bwatford141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #171
brholl

Quote:
I zoomed in to cmonroe's picture in comment one. It says that only ethernet or coax connections (MoCA Network Adapter) will work. I think wireless would be too slow.

Also, as I was typing this I noticed that Tivo's website was just updated to include the Mini. Looks like it's live now!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #172
brholl

Yay, this is exciting. I just placed an order using the TiVo Premiere 4 + Stream Bundle promotion (kept the Premiere 4 and MoCA Network Adapter but not the Stream) for a $78 savings and added one Mini at the regular $99.99 price. I've been wanting to upgrade to the Premiere 4 but had no reason to since Comcast On Demand from Tivo isn't available in my Minneapolis suburb yet. The Mini is definitely worth it plus I'll be ready if Comcast ever gets the service working in the SW suburbs. I would have bought everything at Best Buy tomorrow if it weren't for the deal. I hope it ships fast.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #173
compnurd

Quote:
Yay, this is exciting. I just placed an order using the TiVo Premiere 4 + Stream Bundle promotion (kept the Premiere 4 and MoCA Network Adapter but not the Stream) for a $78 savings and added one Mini at the regular $99.99 price. I've been wanting to upgrade to the Premiere 4 but had no reason to since Comcast On Demand from Tivo isn't available in my Minneapolis suburb yet. The Mini is definitely worth it plus I'll be ready if Comcast ever gets the service working in the SW suburbs. I would have bought everything at Best Buy tomorrow if it weren't for the deal. I hope it ships fast.
LOL holy ****. It is up for sale on tivo.com

http://www.tivo.com/products/tivo-mini/index.html
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #174
aaronwt
HD Addict

And still selling the Premiere, Stream, and MoCA bundle. But no bundle with the Mini.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #175
jano18

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
LOL holy ****. It is up for sale on tivo.com

http://www.tivo.com/products/tivo-mini/index.html
I just bought a Mini w/lifetime & 3 year warranty for $295.97 & free shipping. I already have my 2 tuner Premiere w/lifetime & 3 year warranty sold for what I paid for it to my friend. Now I just have to wait to get it to start playing with.
jano18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #176
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
And still selling the Premiere, Stream, and MoCA bundle. But no bundle with the Mini.
Didn't they show a bundle with the mini on the beta page a few days ago? Was the full price without discount tho.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #177
grey ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jano18 View Post
I just bought a Mini w/lifetime & 3 year warranty for $295.97 & free shipping. I already have my 2 tuner Premiere w/lifetime & 3 year warranty sold for what I paid for it to my friend. Now I just have to wait to get it to start playing with.
A Mini won't work with a 2 tuner Premier. It will only work with a 4 tuner Tivo. Do you have one of those also?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #178
jmpage2

Quote:
A Mini won't work with a 2 tuner Premier. It will only work with a 4 tuner Tivo. Do you have one of those also?
Yeah, I expect TiVo will get a LOT of returns because of this limitation. I'm sure that within a couple of weeks that during checkout they will have giant bold flashing things reminding customers they have to have a 4 tuner TiVo for this product to work.

Better yet, they could check their account and if they don't own a 4 tuner TiVo they just won't allow sale of the item to that customer without talking to a customer service rep.
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #179
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Now any projections for when the new series 5 will be out?
Old 03-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #180
grey ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmedic View Post
Now any projections for when the new series 5 will be out?
Soon I hope. That's what I'm waiting for. I just can't bring myself to buy 3 year old technology even though I'm dying for a 4 tuner Tivo