TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
SanFranGun
Registered User
 
SanFranGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 44
"Failed" while loading seriesFIXED!

My Sony SVR-2000 failed on attempting to load an update. Reading on this forum lead me to believe that it was a hard drive problem. However, on the advice of a Tivo tech, I corrected it as follows:

(1) System Reset --- Reset Thumb Ratings and Suggestions

(2) System Reset --- Clear Program Data & To Do List

I first initiated #1. When that completed and the problem wasn't solved, I initiated #2 which took five hours to complete despite the message that it would take one. That took care of the problem.

The tech's instructions were that it was a "cache" problem and that I should try the above fixes sequentially and then try "Clear and delete everything" for my third attempt if the previous two didn't work. That proved unnecessary.

Note that it takes forever for the Tivo to perform these tasks and it is unresponsive while the 2nd is ongoing. (Don't know about the first since I started it and then left it unmonitored.) Don't get discouraged.

Hope this helps someone avoid purchasing a new hard-drive unnecessarily.

__________________
Cordially,
SanFranGun
SanFranGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #2
unitron
Registered User
 
unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: semi-coastal NC
Posts: 13,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranGun View Post
My Sony SVR-2000 failed on attempting to load an update. Reading on this forum lead me to believe that it was a hard drive problem. However, on the advice of a Tivo tech, I corrected it as follows:

(1) System Reset --- Reset Thumb Ratings and Suggestions

(2) System Reset --- Clear Program Data & To Do List

I first initiated #1. When that completed and the problem wasn't solved, I initiated #2 which took five hours to complete despite the message that it would take one. That took care of the problem.

The tech's instructions were that it was a "cache" problem and that I should try the above fixes sequentially and then try "Clear and delete everything" for my third attempt if the previous two didn't work. That proved unnecessary.

Note that it takes forever for the Tivo to perform these tasks and it is unresponsive while the 2nd is ongoing. (Don't know about the first since I started it and then left it unmonitored.) Don't get discouraged.

Hope this helps someone avoid purchasing a new hard-drive unnecessarily.

And when you say "load an update", do you mean the usual daily call program guide data, or an actual update to the latest (for the Series 1s) version of the TiVo operating system?

Was there a problem with the TiVo trying to call in to the servers and not being able to complete the call?
__________________
(thisismysigfile)


"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
SanFranGun
Registered User
 
SanFranGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 44
Da

to unitron:

It was the usual daily call to update the program guide data. (I don't think that the software for the SVR-2000 has been updated by Tivo in years.) The modem completed the call, then the "Phone Set-up" screen showed "downloading, phone in use", then (after 20 or 30 minutes) it showed "loading data, 1%, 272 minutes, phone not in use", then (after a few minutes) after the percentage increased a few digits and the minutes decreased by a few tens, the message changed to, "Failed while loading series."

I tried doing a "Guided Reset" but that didn't help.

The referenced on-screen messages are paraphrases from memory.

This incident occurred because I turned off the Tivo for about a week while my TV was in the shop thinking to save wear and tear on the hard-drive. Bad idea. It was working fine up until then. I will never again turn it off.

(As an aside, as a result of the TV repair, I learned that there are no wires or stand-alone parts in the guts of my flat screen. It's one giant circuit board with inputs plugged right into the board. One of the HDMI ports wasn't working properly so their "fix" was to swap out the circuit board entire. But for lcd and speaker problems, I'll bet that that's the fix for everything.)
__________________
Cordially,
SanFranGun

Last edited by SanFranGun : 03-10-2013 at 02:15 PM.
SanFranGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
unitron
Registered User
 
unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: semi-coastal NC
Posts: 13,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranGun View Post
to unitron:

It was the usual daily call to update the program guide data. (I don't think that the software for the SVR-2000 has been updated by Tivo in years.) The modem completed the call, then the "Phone Set-up" screen showed "downloading, phone in use", then (after 20 or 30 minutes) it showed "loading data, 1%, 272 minutes, phone not in use", then (after a few minutes) after the percentage increased a few digits and the minutes decreased by a few tens, the message changed to, "Failed while loading series."

I tried doing a "Guided Reset" but that didn't help.

The referenced on-screen messages are paraphrases from memory.

This incident occurred because I turned off the Tivo for about a week while my TV was in the shop thinking to save wear and tear on the hard-drive. Bad idea. It was working fine up until then. I will never again turn it off.

(As an aside, as a result of the TV repair, I learned that there are no wires or stand-alone parts in the guts of my flat screen. It's one giant circuit board with inputs plugged right into the board. One of the HDMI ports wasn't working properly so their "fix" was to swap out the circuit board entire. But for lcd and speaker problems, I'll bet that that's the fix for everything.)
Is that Sony lifetimed?
__________________
(thisismysigfile)


"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
SanFranGun
Registered User
 
SanFranGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 44
Yes, lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Is that Sony lifetimed?
Absolutely. Were it not, I wouldn't consider buying a replacement hard-drive. I'd just buy a used Tivo w/lifetime service on eBay or from Weaknees.
__________________
Cordially,
SanFranGun
SanFranGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
unitron
Registered User
 
unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: semi-coastal NC
Posts: 13,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranGun View Post
Absolutely. Were it not, I wouldn't consider buying a replacement hard-drive. I'd just buy a used Tivo w/lifetime service on eBay or from Weaknees.
Do you have any spare hard drives lying around available for temporary experimental use?
__________________
(thisismysigfile)


"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #7
SanFranGun
Registered User
 
SanFranGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Do you have any spare hard drives lying around available for temporary experimental use?
No, alas!
__________________
Cordially,
SanFranGun
SanFranGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
unitron
Registered User
 
unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: semi-coastal NC
Posts: 13,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranGun View Post
No, alas!
Okay, let me try to sleep with my thinking cap on tonight.
__________________
(thisismysigfile)


"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |