TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #31
Vendikarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepair View Post
When they rescued the prisoners, there was very little food left in the prison kitchen. So yes, they are low on food.
Yes but they divided what food was left in half between them and the convicts. But the convicts only lasted a day, except for Oscar and Axel. So most of their half should still be there.

They shouldn't have gone through it too fast, unless they all binged on it.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #32
sharkster

I think that leaving the walkers out there is a good thing. If somebody came along to challenge the prison dwellers (live peeps) they would have to start knocking off the walkers to get to them so, before that got too far, they would know that they were being threatened.

I like that Michonne is having more lines.

On the food supply thing - nobody there looks particularly bingey so I imagine they are pretty good at keeping control of it. Since they've been at the prison, in real time, I don't think it's been that long. Seems like they might be out of food for the baby, however, since that one food trip went bad.

I absolutely HATE the (I call it - ) 'Three's Company syndrome' of people not telling others, who should know, what is going on. Of course, Andrea not knowing of the diabolical things that the Governator did to some of her friends is the prime example of that. Who does this, except people on shows who want to create false drama?? I feel like I'm watching Jack, What's her name, and Chrissy.

Ok, that's my peeve.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #33
pmyers

I agree with the poster that Justified some of Andrea's actions because she truley wants to live in Woodberry, especially after seeing life at the prison. I think she has a great need for comfort compounded with a weakness for powerful men.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #34
Talon
Chally!

Andrea is aware of more than enough of the governors actions to turn on him. She is too comfortable there in the town to give it up. It's why she attempted to bring the two sides together in the first place. Thats why Michonne made the comment she did about the warm bed. I don't think more details about the governor would make much of a difference to her.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #35
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I agree with the poster that Justified some of Andrea's actions because she truley wants to live in Woodberry, especially after seeing life at the prison. I think she has a great need for comfort compounded with a weakness for powerful crazy men.
FYP...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #36
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Also, is that the the most lines Michonne has had?
I'm looking for the gif of the interaction between Andrea and Michonne at the prison...

Andrea: What have you told them?!
Michonne: Nothin

Truer words have never been spoken.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #37
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
But geez, when Andrea shows up and they don't give her all the dirt they have on the Governor (Merle alone can surely tell stories: taking out the army guys in the first episode we were introduced to Woodbury has to be the least of it), and of course Maggie and Glenn's experience being captured.
Yes, this really bothered me too! But overall this was a pretty good episode.

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #38
Odds Bodkins
Doug's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
I'm looking for the gif of the interaction between Andrea and Michonne at the prison...

Andrea: What have you told them?!
Michonne: Nothin

Truer words have never been spoken.

Odds Bodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #39
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

My prediction: Michonne is in the trunk of the car, 'cause she knows Andrea won't go through with it.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #40
jradosh
Newlywed

Did anyone actually say "I ain't a Judas"?

I liked watching Andrea create her "pet" zombie. That's at least one skill she has.

Seeing "Cutty's Crew" hook up with the Gov. bothered me a lot. I know that the two white guys will have no problem attacking the prison, but I'm not sure about the rest. The Gov sure played it cool with them though.

I'm thinking the "scientist" guy is going to have an unfortunate (and deserving) end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #41
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
I think it is safe to say the writers are going to give Andrea the classic "but maybe I can fix him" syndrome. My wife's friend has this syndrome. Every broken man she is with, somehow she believes that for her he will change. In his whole lifetime of being a screwup, d-bag, what have you, for her he will make a difference. Before he poops on her life and moves on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
Andrea is aware of more than enough of the governors actions to turn on him. She is too comfortable there in the town to give it up. It's why she attempted to bring the two sides together in the first place. Thats why Michonne made the comment she did about the warm bed. I don't think more details about the governor would make much of a difference to her.
I think Andrea is going to take over as leader of Woodbury. She isn't a weak character at all. She was attracted to the life she thought Woodbury was - a protected, civilized oasis. She knows differently now and I think with a little time she will rise up as a leader to bring the two groups together in an alliance.
Rick and the Governor are proving to be mentally unable to lead all while Andrea has been shown as able to motivate and calm the people.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #42
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Also, why give her the car to go back? Why didn't one of them just drive her there, drop her off a few hundred yards away (she can walk the rest of the way), and return to the prison with the car? Stupid.
Decent cars can be found anywhere, usually with the keys still in them. There's no reason for them to be protective of the car. They can find 50 more within 10 miles of the prison if they need another one.

Quote:
But I think they could have showed that inner conflict without the risk of revealing the plot to Gov (if he was awake). Maybe she goes into the bathroom to get a knife, contemplates it, and then puts it back, out of ear/eye shot of the Gov. She is pretty stupid, though.
But then you lose the suspense aspect of her walking up to the Gov and everyone in the audience expecting that he's going to jump up and grab her.

The thing I thought they did poorly in that scene was have her walk in front of the light source that's shining on the Gov's face. A change in the visible light would be very likely to wake him up, so if she's trying to sneak up on him, the last thing she should do is cast a shadow across his face.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #43
Barmat

The only thing with using cars after the world crashes is gasoline has a shelf life of about a year depending on how it was stored.
Barmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #44
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmat View Post
The only thing with using cars after the world crashes is gasoline has a shelf life of about a year depending on how it was stored.
While true, I doubt that will ever be an issue in the universe this takes place in.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #45
SnakeVargas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I think Andrea is going to take over as leader of Woodbury.
I'm expecting Woodbury to be overrun by Zombies by the season finale. The show doesn't seem to stay in one place for more than a season.

I was confused during the latest episode... The Gov offered Andrea the opportunity to be mayor and I expected her to go for it and the episode to take that turn. Instead she ignores the offer and then he promptly takes off with his enforcers to shoot up the prison, clearly demonstrating he's in no mood to relinquish control. Was the Gov's offer genuine? Did he only offer knowing she would not accept? Does he plan to manipulate her if she does take his offer?
SnakeVargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #46
SnakeVargas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmat View Post
Modern fuel injected vehicles seem to do pretty well with old gas. I just drove my convertible this weekend, which has been sitting for at least 3 years on a full tank of what is now very stale gas. It ran just fine.

Now the battery in the convertible, that was another story.
SnakeVargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #47
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
While true, I doubt that will ever be an issue in the universe this takes place in.
lol, seriously... I can't imagine anything mattering less with everything that this show has going on...

I'm still not sure I get a lot of the Andrea hate i keep reading about (here and other places)... She just found out all her friends were alive and is doing what she can do to prevent both sides from destroying each other. Why is that crazy? She can see the prison campers and how messed up their situation is, she knows they're gonna get wiped out. She also doesn't know 90% of the messed up stuff he's done (since no one on this show talks to each other). So it's not a stretch to thing that she won't want to just stab the guy while he's sleeping.

Why didn't Maggie pull her aside and say "I know he seems like a good guy, but he held us captive and made me take off my clothes and stood behind me while I cried"? And did Michonne tell her about the heads (I know it was discussed in the episode but I don't remember if Andrea was there). I just don't think it's rediculous for her-at this point-to be looking for an alternative way to end the conflict. We all have the benefit of knowing he's a villain but if you look at it from her point, he seems a little messed up but also like he's the victim. She will see the light in good time.

I find it funny that everyone ("the internet") thinks it's nuts that she didn't kill him at the end of the episode, as if in real life, that would be the easiest thing to do, lol. It's not exactly crazy that she didn't plunge a knife into the neck of the sleeping guy she's kind of love with

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
I absolutely HATE the (I call it - ) 'Three's Company syndrome' of people not telling others, who should know, what is going on. Of course, Andrea not knowing of the diabolical things that the Governator did to some of her friends is the prime example of that. Who does this, except people on shows who want to create false drama?? I feel like I'm watching Jack, What's her name, and Chrissy.
Exactly. This always drives me nuts on shows ("Lost" was the biggest offender). All it is is away to create drama but to me, it kills the impact because it just makes no logical sense whatsoever. If you can't write it in a way that Andrea gets to to the prison and they tell her everything, then you don't have the reunion until you can write it that way. Otherwise you'd kind of diminishing the whole thing.

I found it interesting that Tyrese's team is now with the Governor, but him and his wife seemed like good peeps. While they have every reason to take the position that they have taken, I think in the end, they'll end up helping Rick's team in some way. The other two guys with them, no way--they wanted to take over the prison from the start so they'll have no problem doing whatever the Governor says. But Tyrese and the chick (what's her name?) could see that the prisoners were good people, if a little unhinged. I don't think they'll feel right about wiping them out. They're gonna see Woodbury's true motivations and switch sides.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #48
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeVargas View Post
I'm expecting Woodbury to be overrun by Zombies by the season finale. The show doesn't seem to stay in one place for more than a season.

I was confused during the latest episode...
Spoiler:
The Gov offered Andrea the opportunity to be mayor and I expected her to go for it and the episode to take that turn. Instead she ignores the offer and then he promptly takes off with his enforcers to shoot up the prison, clearly demonstrating he's in no mood to relinquish control. Was the Gov's offer genuine? Did he only offer knowing she would not accept? Does he plan to manipulate her if she does take his offer?
Hello?? Spoilers?!?!?!
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #49
Azlen

Quote:
Hello?? Spoilers?!?!?!
There weren't any spoilers in that.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #50
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post

lol, seriously... I can't imagine anything mattering less with everything that this show has going on...

I'm still not sure I get a lot of the Andrea hate i keep reading about (here and other places)... She just found out all her friends were alive and is doing what she can do to prevent both sides from destroying each other. Why is that crazy? She can see the prison campers and how messed up their situation is, she knows they're gonna get wiped out. She also doesn't know 90% of the messed up stuff he's done (since no one on this show talks to each other). So it's not a stretch to thing that she won't want to just stab the guy while he's sleeping.

Why didn't Maggie pull her aside and say "I know he seems like a good guy, but he held us captive and made me take off my clothes and stood behind me while I cried"? And did Michonne tell her about the heads (I know it was discussed in the episode but I don't remember if Andrea was there). I just don't think it's rediculous for her-at this point-to be looking for an alternative way to end the conflict. We all have the benefit of knowing he's a villain but if you look at it from her point, he seems a little messed up but also like he's the victim. She will see the light in good time.

I find it funny that everyone ("the internet") thinks it's nuts that she didn't kill him at the end of the episode, as if in real life, that would be the easiest thing to do, lol. It's not exactly crazy that she didn't plunge a knife into the neck of the sleeping guy she's kind of love with
Andrea saw the heads and saw Michonne kill Penny.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #51
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post

It would be hard for me to stick a knife into anyone, no matter how bad he was, or for most of us out here in the real world. But if I've just been through months of zombie hunting and I'm a bad-ass like her, it should be pretty easy.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #52
Dawghows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Andrea saw the heads and saw Michonne kill Penny.
And she knows that he (the Governor) made a public showing of pitting Merle and Darrel against each other in what was intended to be a fight to the death. She also now knows that he sent someone to kill Michonne, and that, at least according to everyone at the prison (people she still apparently considers to be her friends), the Governer's attack against the prison didn't go down the way he told her it did.

I agree that it's stupid writing to have all the characters keeping inexplicably silent about so many other things, but she knows more than enough about him to make any reasonable person suspect the kind of man he is.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #53
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Excellent use of Tom Waits.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #54
MonsterJoe
waxing cynical

Is any use of Tom Waits not excellent?
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #55
wprager

Tom Waits? Missed it. Had the volume way down because of the kids.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #56
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
The song Beth sang at the end was a Tom Waits song.
David Platt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #57
MonsterJoe
waxing cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
The song Beth sang at the end was a Tom Waits song.
Right - then they played the actual song to lead-out the episode.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #58
jradosh
Newlywed

Tom's version was much better.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #59
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
Is any use of Tom Waits not excellent?
No indeed.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote