TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #271
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsavell View Post
Yes, it was possible on previous versions. It changed recently when (apparently) the new software update was pushed to my Premiere

This boils down to intuitive behavior. When you press <Record> on Live TV, it should record what you are watching! It shouldn't produce a menu allowing you to explore season passes and other options, which is the new behavior if real time is already past the end of the show you're watching.

Even the previous behavior was a little non-intuitive, in that it would lump together two shows into one recording - the one you were watching that was in the 30-minute pause buffer would be in the same recording as the show that came after it. But at least it let you record it. Now it's worse, of course, but what it should have always done is record only the show you were actually watching according to the play position in the buffer.

And the sudden jump to the next show when the current recording ends is absolutely horrible. It's completely confusing to the person watching the show, and even if you do figure out what happened, it's a royal pain to get back to where you were. You have to go to My Shows and start playing back the show that was just recorded, then fast forward through the whole program to get to the place you were at.

Interestingly, I had a different issue that caused me to call TiVo phone support, and during the call I mentioned this problem. The tech support rep said he was unaware of it and also couldn't find anything about it after searching. So he told me he entered it as a new issue.
I do agree with. When you press record it should record, not pop up giving you options
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #272
mlippert

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
If you are not doing it already, you should be giving these shows at least one thumbs down before you delete them.
It will improve your suggestions.
Actually, not necessarily. This has always been one of the things I wish could be improved. Whether I'd like a particular show recorded as a suggestion is completely unrelated to whether and how much I like that particular show.

For example BtVS gets 3 thumbs up from me, but I've seen them all, I own all of the seasons on DVD, and so I really don't want any episodes recorded as a suggestion. However, I would still like Tivo to recognize that I really like that show and therefore other similar shows are good candidates for suggestions.

Also just because I'm not interested in a suggestion right now doesn't mean I won't ever want to watch it in the future. I don't like to give a show a thumbs down unless I know it's really something I don't like.

In that same category I wish there was a low priority keep until (ie delete this before any other shows other than suggestions)
mlippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #273
chrispitude

Can we come up with a list of all the bugs introduced by the 20.2.2.1 release? Here's what I know of:

1. The channel banner now updates very slowly when changing channels in live TV viewing.

2. Pressing 'clear' to delete a show in a list moves the current select down one entry too far after the deleted item is removed.

3. When you bring up the guide, you must press 'clear' twice instead of once to clear it.

4. If you are watching a delayed live TV buffer and something starts recording on that tuner, you are forcibly pulled away from watching the remainder of the buffer. If that buffer was not explicitly being recorded, it is lost.

5. If you are watching a delayed live TV buffer, the tuner has since moved on to a new program, and you press record to save the delayed currently playing program, the Record menu presents you with options to record the live unseen program instead of the delayed program.

Any others?
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #274
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispitude View Post
Can we come up with a list of all the bugs introduced by the 20.2.2.1 release? Here's what I know of:

1. The channel banner now updates very slowly when changing channels in live TV viewing.

2. Pressing 'clear' to delete a show in a list moves the current select down one entry too far after the deleted item is removed.

3. When you bring up the guide, you must press 'clear' twice instead of once to clear it.

4. If you are watching a delayed live TV buffer and something starts recording on that tuner, you are forcibly pulled away from watching the remainder of the buffer. If that buffer was not explicitly being recorded, it is lost.

5. If you are watching a delayed live TV buffer, the tuner has since moved on to a new program, and you press record to save the delayed currently playing program, the Record menu presents you with options to record the live unseen program instead of the delayed program.

Any others?
On Number 3, maybe you need batteries in the remote. one clear clears my guide
Old 02-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #275
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
On Number 3, maybe you need batteries in the remote. one clear clears my guide
Definitely two here, and definitely started the morning after the 20.2.2.1 remote:

TiVo Premiere, guide-clearing bug in 20.2.2.1
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

When the guide is displayed, first Clear press reverts to channel banner, second press clears the banner. Remote batteries were replaced two weeks ago.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #276
compnurd

Ah SDUI, dont use that... and the HDUI I believe has always done that. First clear takes out the guide, then the little banner shows up for 4 sec....

If that is not the way it is supposed to work i never noticed as when i had Direct TV prior it always did that
Old 02-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #277
tomhorsley

Quote:
I find that pressing Guide again makes it go away.

Then, probably related to the blowing away of the buffer: If you are watching live TV on a channel that is about to start recording (i.e. watching the very end of the buffer in real time), there is now a huge black screen/no audio pause just as the recording starts.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #278
sldavis1952

Just noticed that my series 2 doesn't show up in My Shows on my Premiere.
Checked my Series 2 and the Premiere doesn't show up in the NPL. I'm that 2 days ago the series 2 appeared in My Shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldavis1952 View Post
Got the 20.2.2.1 update this morning.

sldavis1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #279
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
I find that pressing Guide again makes it go away.
Tom, are you using the SD or HD interface? If SD, are you saying your Premiere behaves differently than the behavior mine shows in the video?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #280
tomhorsley

Quote:
Tom, are you using the SD or HD interface? If SD, are you saying your Premiere behaves differently than the behavior mine shows in the video?
I'm using HD.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #281
pspens

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamilian View Post
no.

you have 20.2.2

version should be 20.2.2.1-01-2.758
My Tivo Premier 4 shows 20.2.2.1-01-2.750. What's up with that?
pspens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #282
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspens View Post
My Tivo Premier 4 shows 20.2.2.1-01-2.750. What's up with that?
Those last three digits are just the model number (same as the first three digits of your TSN).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:38 AM   #283
Mike-Wolf

Hello, I have a question regarding the channel logo issue. I've noticed for the longest time over the past three years that either the channel logos are incorrect or simply missing all together. I've filed a number of complaints addressing this problem with technical support which simply tell me it will be looked into and when I call back months and years later that it gets bounced to tribune media which I am told is the guide data provider, and they reply that there isn't a problem or that it's Comcast's problem and the ticket is closed. Comcast says it has nothing to do with them because all the channels are physically correct and the guide data is correct, and that it's just the logo graphic that is the problem. I truly want to get this problem resolved because messes with the aesthetics of the TiVo Premiere and frankly if the logos are going to be wrong (such as The Hub still using the Discovery Kids channel logo three years after network rebranding) I'd rather there not be any at all. I was hoping the new software update would fix this but it did not.
I'm also having a problem with the season pass manager list. I seem to have three items in the list that are blank with two checkmarks next to the numbers but there is no program name, no channel number, and I can't cancel it/delete it with the clear button on the remote. I've already restarted the TiVo via the menu, repeated the guided setup, cleared the thumb ratings & suggestions, and cleared program information & to do list. All without any success. Is this a known bug?

Last edited by Mike-Wolf : 02-26-2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: grilled cheese
Mike-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:50 AM   #284
Mike-Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Let me guess since I've noticed an error that fits that description.

I subscribe to a weather channel download that is normally less than a minute long. The displayed length of the bar at the bottom is 36 hours long in that case. (New behavior.)
I'm on 20.2.2.1-0-3-746 and I noticed this problem with some of the videos I download. When I go to play it, the time in the scrub bar says 36 hours if a video is under 59 seconds long. Also notice that if a downloaded video is under 59 seconds long it is listed as "partial" ie 56 sec (partial). Also noticed that the scrub bar doesn't advance when it is saying "36 hours" although I'm able to fast forward and rewind.

Last edited by Mike-Wolf : 02-25-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:14 AM   #285
Mike-Wolf

Quote:
I do Native. Always have and Always will If the Channel is 720P, I want my TV set to that
The problem with that is the video "blankout" that occurs on the television when it itself is switching between the resolutions, this length of time being different depending on the television. If watching a lot of programming with different resolutions, it starts to become annoying fast.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #286
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-Wolf View Post
The problem with that is the video "blankout" that occurs on the television when it itself is switching between the resolutions, this length of time being different depending on the television. If watching a lot of programming with different resolutions, it starts to become annoying fast.
Yes it does on my LG which is older and takes longer but my newer sharp is very quick so it does not bother me
Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #287
Mike-Wolf

Quote:
Yes it does on my LG which is older and takes longer but my newer sharp is very quick so it does not bother me
cool. Just wanted to put it out there why others who may not have as fast of a refresh time as your newer television does may be given little other choice but to use a fixed resolution that's all
Old 02-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #288
tomhorsley

My Samsung gets worse and worse the longer it has been plugged in. When it starts taking more than a minute to turn on the screen when I switch inputs to my PC, I usually find that pulling the plug for a few seconds makes it much more responsive (till the next time it starts getting slow).
Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #289
johnhefley

Thanks!
johnhefley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #290
mattack

Quote:
To: TiVoMargret or any TiVo Executive
THIS IS NOT IN ANY WAY A WAY TO CONTACT ANYBODY AT TIVO.

Call up Tivo, and/or email or tweet Margret personally (who AFAIK volunteers her time here).

Posting here WILL NOT GET ANYBODY'S ATTENTION.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #291
Mike-Wolf

Thanks

Last edited by Mike-Wolf : 02-26-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #292
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
THIS IS NOT IN ANY WAY A WAY TO CONTACT ANYBODY AT TIVO.

Call up Tivo, and/or email or tweet Margret personally (who AFAIK volunteers her time here).

Posting here WILL NOT GET ANYBODY'S ATTENTION.
No need to YELL....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #293
buff23

I still have not received the 20.2.2.1 update.

I'm currently on 20.2.2-01-2-xxx.

Is this still being rolled out to boxes? I have tried force connecting to the Tivo Servers, but still have not received anything.

Any help or information regarding this would be appreciated.
buff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #294
yawitz

Quote:

Any others?
As I reported in a separate thread earlier today: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=501845

In the old SD To Do list (which was also shown in SD in the previous HDUI version), when an upcoming recording overlaps another one by a few minutes, they will both record, but there was a clear indication that one or the other will be clipped. In the new HD To Do list, that indication is not shown.
yawitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #295
Mikeyis4dcats

trying to determine if a change I noted today is from the update or a cable card issue.

Cox moved a channel last night, and our cable card didn't pick up the new channel programming. I called Cox before work to re-pair, and he had problems getting the hit to go through. I had to hang up and go to work before it was fixed. Came home, and while the programming is now all visible, it seems as though channel changes are slow - 5 seconds before image appears, although the banner appears almost instantly.

Anyone else notice anything like this related to the update or a cable card pairing issue?
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #296
proudx

Quote:

Any others?
The exit key no longer clears channel banner but rather keeps popping it up with every press in of it. The exit key is a discrete it key not found on the TiVo remote and is different than the clear key. I use if I exit from guide and menus.

Changing channels is very slow with current release.

I believe the performance of The Hd GUI has not improved and in my opinion is slower since the last update. None the less TiVo should consider the performance of The hd GUI an open issue

Thanks for making a bug list
proudx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #297
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Changing channels is not slow on my Elite, it's no worse than any of the HDs I had before it. The HD UI is way better than it used to be and a lot of good functionality was added last year.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #298
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Changing channels is not slow on my Elite, it's no worse than any of the HDs I had before it. The HD UI is way better than it used to be and a lot of good functionality was added last year.
+10
Old 03-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #299
Mike-Wolf

Is anyone having trouble with the audio and video cutting out when going through menus, and even worse with longer audio dropout when Dolby Digital is turned on?
Old 03-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #300
certainkaos

Quote:
Is anyone having trouble with the audio and video cutting out when going through menus, and even worse with longer audio dropout when Dolby Digital is turned on?
Yes... having these exact problems. came here in a troubleshooting session to see if anyone else was having the same problem.
certainkaos is offline   Reply With Quote