TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
hybucket

incorrect times on ToDo list starting Sunday on HD Menu

Starting with this coming Sunday, all the times on programs on my To Do list are listed as an hour earlier than the correct time. I assume this has something to do with the change to Daylight TIme this weekend. The times are CORRECT on the SD , and also on the program info on the HD screen. I called TiVO, and they said they are aware of the problem, but did not say if they;re doing anything about it! I asked if, because the times were correct on the SD menu, if the programs would be recorded at the CORRECT time. They did not have an answer for that. Huh???
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
tatergator1

The same thing happened this past Fall as the end of the 2012 DST, but the opposite effect, of course.

This is a display bug in the HDUI. The Tivo software works off of GMT, and is unaffected. Don't worry, everything will be fine when you wake up Sunday morning.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
hybucket

Thanks - as usual, I should have come here instead of calling TiVO. The CSR had me reset all the guide info, and it's taking forever and probably won't change a thing (except probably all my settings, tho I asked it not to).
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
bshrock

The TiVo uses Universal Standard Time for setting up recordings the displayed time is offset to your local time and the offset changes Sunday March 10th at 2AM.

Any Support Rep that has been there for 5 Months should know this as it happens twice a year.
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
stevewjackson
Steve W. Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
The TiVo uses Universal Standard Time for setting up recordings the displayed time is offset to your local time and the offset changes Sunday March 10th at 2AM.

Any Support Rep that has been there for 5 Months should know this as it happens twice a year.
Except, as reported above, the display is correct using the SDUI and incorrect using the HDUI. This is my first time change with a Premiere, and I never experienced this with my TiVo HD. So there's clearly a bug in the HDUI.
stevewjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Mine showed incorrect recording times, too, but all was copacetic this morning after the time change...and, yes, I never saw this with other TiVos I've owned (S2, S3, HD).
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

And I don't believe there's been a software update since Fall, so we shouldn't have expected anything different.

Presumably this will be dealt with in the next update. For now, it's just a semiannual cosmetic nuisance.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
...it's just a semiannual cosmetic nuisance.
Like my haircuts...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote