TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
blacksnakeball

Tivo FIOS issues in NYC with Comedy Central

So i have a Tivo HD Xl and FIOS in NYC. All my channels work fine and I have never had any issues in many years. But recently my recordings on comedy central (ch 690 in NYC) have become unwatchable. Lots of pixellation. Then this week the Tivo can't even get a signal on channel 690 so all i get is black. of course every other channel works fine. i rebooted, power-cycled the tivo and still the same problem. I contacted FIOS and they tested the signal from their end and could not resolve the problem. They are sending a new cable card in the mail however. Anyone have any ideas why one channel won't work? FIOS said no one in my viewing area was complaining about ch 690....

Thanks in advance
blacksnakeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksnakeball View Post
So i have a Tivo HD Xl and FIOS in NYC. All my channels work fine and I have never had any issues in many years. But recently my recordings on comedy central (ch 690 in NYC) have become unwatchable. Lots of pixellation. Then this week the Tivo can't even get a signal on channel 690 so all i get is black. of course every other channel works fine. i rebooted, power-cycled the tivo and still the same problem. I contacted FIOS and they tested the signal from their end and could not resolve the problem. They are sending a new cable card in the mail however. Anyone have any ideas why one channel won't work? FIOS said no one in my viewing area was complaining about ch 690....

Thanks in advance
check the ends of your coax and also look for kinks in the coax wire.
use tivo dvr diag to check the frequency. also check if there are lots of RS errors. See if channels with frequencies near this one also have trouble.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote