TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
tech1029

Premature delete on XL

My Premiere XL is 86% full. The system info shows 21 hours of free HD space. I have Hawaii 50 on my season pass and I assume it recorded at 10PM tonight and at 11:35 PM I went to the MY SHOWS and it was not there. I went to my TO DO list and it said "This recording was deleted because it had expired. The space was used for other recordings on Mon 4/9 at 11:20PM" The next thing I have scheduled to record is Tues at 8 PM so why would this program be deleted one hour and twenty min. after it was recorded? My to Do list also shows at the top of the list a recording scheduled for WED 3/7 at 4:30 AM (32 days ago!!!) Could that be the day it was rebooting for for the 20.2 software install?
tech1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
jrtroo
User

Do you use KUID extensively? That is the normal reason for these kinds of "issues".
Old 04-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
tech1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Do you use KUID extensively? That is the normal reason for these kinds of "issues".
I didn't set the keep on these because I planed on watching them the next morning when I woke up. Even if you don't set a date I would assume the unit should keep a program longer then 20 min after it is finished recording. I should think 12 hours at least. I do have 21 HD hours of free space.

It happened again too! Last night (Thursday) season pass recorded Deadline at 1:30 AM I checked its properties and it was going to keep until Sunday 1:30 AM. I woke up this morning and it was gone.

I selected a program to record off the guide Thursday 2:00 AM. The properties said it would be kept until Sunday at 3:00 AM and it was gone when I got up. I think on this one it may have deleted as it was recording. Attachment shows deletion started at 2:06AM but recording started at 2:00AM for a one hour show? This HAS to be a glitch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0413121028.jpg (43.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
jrtroo
User

I was referring to your *other* programs as KUID. Ones in your NPL or scheduled to record that have KUID would cause a non-KUID to be deleted.

If you turn off your KUID for the other programs, the new items will stay longer.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
evanborkow

Did you check to see if there was a signal on the channel being recorded? If there is no signal the Tivo will record the entire time but then immediately delete the blank recording.
evanborkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
tech1029

I just did a reboot and the program that was waiting to record back on 4/3 is now gone. That may have been the issue. I have a season pass scheduled for Sunday at midnight that is listed to be held until Tuesday at midnight (this program does not have a KUID on it) I will see if it is still there Sunday morning when I get up. There are 2 KUID programs scheduled right after that too that could bump it out.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
aaronwt
HD Addict

Don't use KUID and you probably won't have any issues. I have a few programs from almost two years ago and they have never been deleted. But I rarely, if ever use KUID delete for anything since I have not needed it.

Typically if I get near full and there are a few programs I want to keep, I just extend the keep until date. Once I do that, they will be put at the bottom of the list to be deleted. So the box would need to go through and delete the hundreds of hours of other shows before it gets to the shows I just extended the delete date.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
tech1029

Just an update. After the reboot everything has been fine. It must have been that expired program stuck in que messing everything up. Now that it is gone the Tivo is still holding the program I recorded Sunday night without setting a KUID and I have recorded multiple programs and ran my capacity gauge from 86% up to 91% without any programs falling off, even with new KUID programs being recorded.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #9
DaveTheNerd

About 2 weeks ago I started experiencing this problem, too. And, indeed, it seemed to start just after I set more of my Season Passes to KUID (Keep Until I Delete). My TiVo has over 50% of its space available, and I set these to KUID because otherwise it would be recording stuff all day (kids shows that have 8 episodes/day if set to "keep recent 3" will just keep recording and deleting all day).

Any fix for this? I've tried restarting, I've had cable company reset the cable card, etc. No dice. It seems to go in waves.

Any thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Producer & co-host
The Mac Observer's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DaveTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #10
jrtroo
User

Why does it matter that it is recording stuff all day? Get rid of those KUIDs and keep those low on the season pass priority and just cancel if you want to choose something else.

For my kids- I put in 10 episodes and let it cycle. No complaints as they have plenty to choose from and the know these can be cancelled with little to no effect.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
DaveTheNerd

It beats the heck out of the harddrive to be recording and then deleting all day long. At least that was my theory.

Producer & co-host
The Mac Observer's
DaveTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
jrtroo
User

Nope. It is always recording. No matter what you do. No harm.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #13
celtic pride

did you try to recover the recently deleted show and watch it?,I know i accidently deleted some shows that my wife wanted to watch.I went into my deleted shows ,recovered them and my wife was able to watch them.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote