TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Once Upon a Time - S2E15 - "The Queen Is Dead" - OAD 3/3/2013

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

I figured Cora would just stab Johanna after Regina put the heart back. Why didn't Cora knock the dagger out of Snow's hand the same way she knocked the gun out of Charming's hand?

Why oh why would Snow and Charming have to go so nuts about finding the dagger? They didn't need to put their hands on it. Obviously, Cora and Regina had no idea where it was. Let Rumpel know they're looking for it, but have no idea where it is. As long as they don't have it, they can't do whatever.

Do you guys think that's the real dagger? What better way to keep your enemies from looking for it, than to give them a carefully crafted simulacrum!

They dropped a zillion hints that Neal is Peter Pan. Well, ok, they basically came out and nearly said it. So why would you leave Hook tied up in the basement? There's poison on his hook... stab him with it and you win a free boat! If Neal didn't know who he was, I could chalk it up to Inept Emma. Neal should know that Hook must die. I know, I know: not in the script!

Come join us <dates TBD>!

Last edited by martinp13 : 03-03-2013 at 09:59 PM.
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
Why oh why would Snow and Charming have to go so nuts about finding the dagger? They didn't need to put their hands on it. Obviously, Cora and Regina had no idea where it was. Let Rumpel know they're looking for it, but have no idea where it is. As long as they don't have it, they can't do whatever.
Except Snow overheard Cora tell Regina that she could find it. Obviously, soon enough Cora and Regina knew exactly where it was, since they found it...minutes after Snow and Charming found it. The only advantage to following your plan is that Loyal Servant Woman would possibly still be alive.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Except Snow overheard Cora tell Regina that she could find it. Obviously, soon enough Cora and Regina knew exactly where it was, since they found it...minutes after Snow and Charming found it. The only advantage to following your plan is that Loyal Servant Woman would possibly still be alive.
I think Cora and Regina just followed Snow and Charming. They weren't exactly being discreet about looking for it.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

So happy to see Bailee Madison playing young Snow White again. She is so great in that role.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
I think Cora and Regina just followed Snow and Charming. They weren't exactly being discreet about looking for it.
But Cora and Regina didn't even know they knew they were looking for it. And Cora specifically said she could find it. Unless she knew that she was eavesdropping...but there was no hint of that.

No, I think Cora used her magic to find it, and Snow just beat her to it.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
But Cora and Regina didn't even know they knew they were looking for it. And Cora specifically said she could find it. Unless she knew that she was eavesdropping...but there was no hint of that.

No, I think Cora used her magic to find it, and Snow just beat her to it.
Remember when Regina met Snow in the diner this episode? Snow (in typical 'good is dumb' fashion) said "I know you're looking for the dagger." Yes, Cora and Regina knew. Cora said she could find it eventually... um, ok... if you can find it eventually, why not find it NOW?

Old 03-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
So happy to see Bailee Madison playing young Snow White again. She is so great in that role.
She's creepy good.
A little earnest for my taste, but then she is Snow White.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #8
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
She's creepy good.
A little earnest for my taste, but then she is Snow White.
I meant to post about that. I was giggling through her entire performance, because it was soooooo over the top. I liked her in her first episode, but this one was painfully overdramatic. You're right, she IS Snow White, and a young actress, so it's not the worst thing.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
I meant to post about that. I was giggling through her entire performance, because it was soooooo over the top. I liked her in her first episode, but this one was painfully overdramatic. You're right, she IS Snow White, and a young actress, so it's not the worst thing.
Well, considering what they gave her character to go through this episode I can definitely understand it being overdramatic.

Having your mother fall sick and then finding that the only way to save her was to sacrifice the life of another would be pretty dramatic for a young girl.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #10
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Could Cora have let Snow hear that she and Regina were looking for the dagger on purpose? So they Snow would find out where it was and lead them to it? Sneaky is her style after all.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #11
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Could Cora have let Snow hear that she and Regina were looking for the dagger on purpose? So they Snow would find out where it was and lead them to it? Sneaky is her style after all.
That has been my supposition. I assumed that they did it right where she was so she could hear the plan, on purpose.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #12
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
How did they know where she would be? She got the tiara from Johanna, and went to see her. They were following Hook's "map". This show is heavy-handed enough to tell you when the bad guys are being sneaky... and there was none of that. I think for once, Good got the drop on Evil, and of course frittered away the advantage by giving Evil "one last chance".