TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
aaronw

White Collar - The Original - S04E15 - OAD 2/26/2013

So after they subtitled the french in english when they were in the art gallery, for one sentence they subtitled the english in french. That was one of the more bizarre things I've seen when watching TV...
aaronw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronw View Post
So after they subtitled the french in english when they were in the art gallery, for one sentence they subtitled the english in french. That was one of the more bizarre things I've seen when watching TV...
That was funny. I remember seeing something similar in a comedy movie ( maybe 1941 ) where something similar happened, intended there to be a joke.

The episode was OK, but having Neal be a world-class marble sculptor, in addition to his other talents, seemed a stretch. Especially since he seemed to whip out the fake overnight. When the scam started I expected him to just scare the real forger, not whip out a copy overnight.

Also, didn't he say he needed 500 lbs of marble? My fuzzy memory made the piece look like maybe 5'x3'x3', which I thought looked like more than 500 lbs. If the 160lb / cu ft number I found is right, it would have been more like 7000 lbs. Did they drop it by helicopter onto his patio?
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
The episode was OK, but having Neal be a world-class marble sculptor, in addition to his other talents, seemed a stretch.
I don't know, given that his primary super-talent is forgery, I'd say this is one of the least stretchiest add-ons they've given him over the years...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronw View Post
This would be a better show if that kind of anarchic humor were a regular feature!

Not that it's a bad show. Typical USA fun-fluff.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
john4200

Quote:
The episode was OK, but having Neal be a world-class marble sculptor, in addition to his other talents, seemed a stretch. Especially since he seemed to whip out the fake overnight. When the scam started I expected him to just scare the real forger, not whip out a copy overnight.

Also, didn't he say he needed 500 lbs of marble? My fuzzy memory made the piece look like maybe 5'x3'x3', which I thought looked like more than 500 lbs. If the 160lb / cu ft number I found is right, it would have been more like 7000 lbs. Did they drop it by helicopter onto his patio?
Those two things also stood out to me as major flaws in this episode. Both of them were off by at least an order of magnitude (time to sculpt, weight of marble).

There was also a third big flaw -- the type of scanner that they were talking about is MUCH larger than a pack of cards.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
aaronw

Quote:
That was funny. I remember seeing something similar in a comedy movie ( maybe 1941 ) where something similar happened, intended there to be a joke.

The sync.usanetwork.com '2nd screen' commentary mentions the writers spent some time trying to decide if they would show the marble getting up to his room. They decided in the end to show more of him working on it and decreed that the house has a elevator in it . I can't seem to find all those little tidbits they showed during the show now, which is a shame because some of them were interesting.
aaronw is offline   Reply With Quote