TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
Bob Lee

pyTivo error code 400 when downloading

All of a sudden I can no longer download any video content via pyTivo...each time I try now I receive an "Error - 400" message. This just started happening today, as I downloaded a bunch of shows yesterday with no problems. It looks like there was a Tivo update which occurred today to enable "Flingo", so I was wondering if this might have something to do with the problem. Anyone else experience this and/or can help me debug the issue? It happens with pyTivo running under either Mac/OS or Windows. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Bob Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:38 AM   #2
Bruzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lee View Post
All of a sudden I can no longer download any video content via pyTivo...each time I try now I receive an "Error - 400" message. This just started happening today, as I downloaded a bunch of shows yesterday with no problems. It looks like there was a Tivo update which occurred today to enable "Flingo", so I was wondering if this might have something to do with the problem. Anyone else experience this and/or can help me debug the issue? It happens with pyTivo running under either Mac/OS or Windows. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
I've been struggling with the same issue! I'm new to pyTivo, so I haven't tried any transfers until today. I've tried to do all kinds of things (open firewall ports, add settings to pytivo.conf), but nothing seems to work. I can see the NPL for both of my TiVos, but get the "Error - 400" message when I try to do a transfer. I even tried TiVo Desktop and was unable to do transfers with that software.

Any help would be appreciated
Bruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...11#post9526311

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I expect this will be fixed promptly, so I'll give it the rest of the day or so. If it's not fixed by then, I'll break pyTivo so it works.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
msmart

I thought about using pyTivo to pull files after seeing the TD transfer problem threads. Guess I'll just have to sit tight for a little while. I too expect it to be fixed shortly.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
unitron

TCF user and hero genius notting explains it all.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...22#post9526322

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #7
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

So, I tried forcing the daily call, and then rebooting. No fix yet. <sigh> Guess I gotta get on it, then...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:44 AM   #8
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

OK, a workaround is in my repos now.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:24 AM   #9
markmarz

Thumbs up

Thank you!
markmarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:05 AM   #10
rileyrd

Zatz has it covered

Here is the reason:

http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2013-02/...ot+Funny%21%29
rileyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #11
judyn

VideoReDo

VideoReDo will not function with an incorrect system date/time. -- Edit - that seems to be incorrect. I just had to restart VideoReDo.
judyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #12
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

No one need be using incorrect system dates *shudder*, at least not for pyTivo. Just update to my latest version.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #13
judyn

OK! Got it done! Warning to others, don't try to just update your old pytivo with changes to togo.py. After I finally reinstalled everything (which wasn't too bad -- much improvement in the instructions and procedures!) all is now well and my date/time is correct.

I can't believe what a wonderful community this is. A fix to Tivo Desktop is available as well now (my husband uses Tivo Desktop) and my computers are up and running with PyTIvo.

No thanks to Tivo themselves. OK, it is a weekend, but what were you thinking? The end of the world would come before Valentine's Day in 2013?

Thank goodness I didn't waste much time trying to figure out what went wrong. I immediately did a search because we hadn't done anything to our systems and found out what was going on. This is nothing I could help with, but others could and did!

I love my Tivos and I love PyTivo and I love being able to watch what I want when I want and where I want.

Thanks again!

Judy
judyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyn View Post
No thanks to Tivo themselves. OK, it is a weekend, but what were you thinking? The end of the world would come before Valentine's Day in 2013?

Perhaps all of the TiVo programmers were Mayan?

Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #15
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
I'll break pyTivo so it works.
Use the sledgehammer.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #16
timckelley
TCFer

Quote:
No one need be using incorrect system dates *shudder*, at least not for pyTivo. Just update to my latest version.
This is happen to me now to, and I don't use kmttg. So it sounds like the recommended solution is to reinstall pyTivo then. Where exactly is it located? I hope I can remember how to install it, as I remember I had some trouble the first time figuring out how to install it.

- Tracy

- slydog75

- Bryanmc
timckelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #17
dlfl
Cranky old novice

If you're not already running kmttg or pytivo the "recommended" solution is the extremely simple fix for TivoDesktop given by morac in this post:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...63#post9527463
If this takes you to the first post in the thread, just go to post #30.

This may require the latest version of TDP to work.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #18
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timckelley View Post
This is happen to me now to, and I don't use kmttg. So it sounds like the recommended solution is to reinstall pyTivo then. Where exactly is it located? I hope I can remember how to install it, as I remember I had some trouble the first time figuring out how to install it.
And if you've been using pyTivo and want to continue, you can find directions on how to install here:
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...o#Installation

To upgrade, it's generally safe to extract the compressed pytivo package over top of the existing installation, provided you stop the pytivo server first.

If you have trouble following the wiki, let people know which OS install directions you're using and which steps are hanging you up. I've been working on improving the windows version of late.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #19
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotek View Post
To upgrade, it's generally safe to extract the compressed pytivo package over top of the existing installation, provided you stop the pytivo server first.
Safe unless you're running Win7 or Win8 and your install folder is in the Program Files (or Program Files (x86)) folder tree, in which case Windows is likely to fool you into thinking it replaced the existing files, when it actually didn't. This occurs even if you're running in an admin account.

In that case the safe way is to delete all the pyTivo files except those you need to keep (e.g., pytivo.conf and ffmpeg.exe) before doing the extraction.

Which is why I don't install pyTivo in that folder tree.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #20
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Safe unless you're running Win7 or Win8 and your install folder is in the Program Files (or Program Files (x86)) folder tree, in which case Windows is likely to fool you into thinking it replaced the existing files, when it actually didn't. This occurs even if you're running in an admin account.

In that case the safe way is to delete all the pyTivo files except those you need to keep (e.g., pytivo.conf and ffmpeg.exe) before doing the extraction.

Which is why I don't install pyTivo in that folder tree.
The windows install directions in the wiki have recommended for some time against putting it in program files or program files(x86) because of pytivo.conf issues. I've just updated them to note issues with upgrading as well.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control

Last edited by gonzotek : 02-26-2013 at 09:48 AM.
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
timckelley
TCFer

Fortunately in my case, I'm running it from Windows XP.

- Tracy

- slydog75

- Bryanmc
Old 03-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #22
timckelley
TCFer

Well, out of curiosity, I installed TiVo desktop, and while I enjoyed how easy it is to install, and how user friendly it is to use, I noticed three glaring problems with it:

1) It won't let me directly store shows on my NAS, like pyTiVo will
2) I don't think it'll let me do nested foldering shows, like pyTiVo will. Well I did try to create a shortcut to a folder in the Now Playing folder of TiVo desktop, and it does give me access to the shows in it, but it displays all the shows next to show that aren't foldered, basically shoving all my shows next to each other, and displaying like there's no foldering structure
3) Every once in a while it gets locked up, while it gets busy reading all the shows on my TiVos. But pyTiVo never does this.

At this point, I think I'll probably install a fresh copy of pyTiVo instead of going the TiVo Desktop route.

- Tracy

- slydog75

- Bryanmc
Old 03-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #23
unitron

Quote:
Well, out of curiosity, I installed TiVo desktop, and while I enjoyed how easy it is to install, and how user friendly it is to use, I noticed three glaring problems with it:

1) It won't let me directly store shows on my NAS, like pyTiVo will
2) I don't think it'll let me do nested foldering shows, like pyTiVo will. Well I did try to create a shortcut to a folder in the Now Playing folder of TiVo desktop, and it does give me access to the shows in it, but it displays all the shows next to show that aren't foldered, basically shoving all my shows next to each other, and displaying like there's no foldering structure
3) Every once in a while it gets locked up, while it gets busy reading all the shows on my TiVos. But pyTiVo never does this.

At this point, I think I'll probably install a fresh copy of pyTiVo instead of going the TiVo Desktop route.
In my My TiVo Recordings folder I have shortcuts to several folders.

Each folder resides on a single NTFS partition which uses all of a 2TB drive.

Inside each folder are other folders, and folders inside of those.

For instance, in the MTR folder is a shortcut to Zero-M, inside that is ABC, inside that is Castle, and inside that are episodes of Castle moved from the MTR folder.

When I go to a TiVo's NPL, the MTR folder shows up labled with the computer name. Inside it is the Zero-M folder, inside that is ABC, inside that is Castle, inside that are the actual shows.

Would I prefer being able to get Desktop to copy a Castle episode directly to \Castle? Of course, especially if it were as part of a batch file that would do that and then copy a Merlin episode to the target of My TiVo Recordings\N-Z\SyFy\Merlin\ instead of me having to move them manually, but I can present them on the NPL sorted into their own folders.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #24
timckelley
TCFer

Oh, I guess I didn't test what it would look like from a TiVo, but in the NPL on the actual computer that has TiVo desktop installed, it didn't seem to show the folders separated like that.

- Tracy

- slydog75

- Bryanmc

Last edited by timckelley : 03-09-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #25
unitron

Quote:
Oh, I guess I didn't test would it would look like from a TiVo, but in the NPL on the actual computer that has TiVo desktop installed, it didn't seem to show the folders separated like that.
You mean the screen that first comes up when you launch Desktop?

Yeah, that's just a flat file list for some reason.

These things happen when software is designed and tested without any input from me.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #26
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

It used to be that TD presented a flattened hierarchy to the TiVo (and pyTivo did some tricks to deal with this), which I guess is why that screen is still that way.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #27
unitron

Quote:
It used to be that TD presented a flattened hierarchy to the TiVo (and pyTivo did some tricks to deal with this), which I guess is why that screen is still that way.
I've noticed that if I have a shortcut to another drive in the MTR folder on the PC and that drive doesn't happen to be connected at the time that Desktop won't open properly when I try to launch it.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:55 AM   #28
timckelley
TCFer

Well, I did wind up installing the latest version of pyTiVo, and everything is working nicely now.

- Tracy

- slydog75

- Bryanmc
Old 03-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #29
timckelley
TCFer

Well it's not working nicely anymore. Often the browser screen shows this error:

Unable to Connect to TiVo

"pyTivo was unable to connect to the TiVo at <my ip address>.

This is most likely caused by an incorrect Media Access Key. Please return to the Web Configuration page and double check your tivo_mak setting."

Yet the MAK is fine. I wind up having to restart pyTiVo, but the same error keeps happening. Though once I actually got Error 401.

Is everybody else's pyTiVo working?

This error is preventing anything from transferring right now.

- Tracy

- slydog75

- Bryanmc
Old 03-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #30
unitron

Quote:
Well it's not working nicely anymore. Often the browser screen shows this error:

Unable to Connect to TiVo

"pyTivo was unable to connect to the TiVo at <my ip address>.

This is most likely caused by an incorrect Media Access Key. Please return to the Web Configuration page and double check your tivo_mak setting."

Yet the MAK is fine. I wind up having to restart pyTiVo, but the same error keeps happening. Though once I actually got Error 401.

Is everybody else's pyTiVo working?

This error is preventing anything from transferring right now.
I use Desktop, but also got a MAK error today, had to re-enter it.

Maybe it was something about the time change?