TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #31
mattack

Tierra seems just as nutty as the woman that one of the previous guys ended up with that the rest of the girls were warning him about??

Wow that's vague, but I think you all who remember the names can point out who I'm talking about.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #32
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

^^^
Courtney?
cwerdna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #33
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwerdna View Post
^^^
Courtney?
Yes. And that is why I feel it will be Tierra in the end.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #34
sburnside1

Courtney and Vienna come to mind.

Both those seasons, as well as the British guys season with Lorenzo Lamas' daughter as the winner, all the final people seemed less interested in love and more interested in fame.
sburnside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #35
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

My pick for the final 2: Lindsay & Catherine, with Catherine winning.

Tierra can't leave soon enough.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #36
nyny523
Oy

Ding Dong the witch is dead.

The hometown visits look like they will be interesting...
Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #37
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

What the hell was up with Catherine?! Did she feel she is not worthy? Go home then...sheesh!!

And Tierra's "crying" always makes me crazy! Not one tear was shed. What a FAB!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #38
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
What the hell was up with Catherine?! Did she feel she is not worthy? Go home then...sheesh!!
I think she explained it pretty well. I guess she REALLY likes Sean but is afraid that she'll get sent home since she felt Lesley had more in common w/him and was sent home.

So glad Tierra (or Tierra-able as others call her) is finally gone.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #39
nyny523
Oy

Ok, I got 2 out of the final 3 correct.

Based on what we have seen, I think the final 2 will be Lindsay and Ashlee.

Meanwhile, I don't blame him for dumping Des...her brother was a tool and he didn't like her any better than the others - why start with a headache?

So who do you think will win? I am leaning towards Lindsay...
Old 02-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #40
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

The beginning Ashlee's hometown was pretty funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
Ok, I got 2 out of the final 3 correct.

Based on what we have seen, I think the final 2 will be Lindsay and Ashlee.

Meanwhile, I don't blame him for dumping Des...her brother was a tool and he didn't like her any better than the others - why start with a headache?

So who do you think will win? I am leaning towards Lindsay...
Yeah, I agree about Desiree's brother. That sealed it for her, unfortunately. If I were in Sean's shoes, I'd be really worried that the brother would always disapprove and dislike him.

I think he should've kept around Lesley from last week. I haven't been watching that closely but I don't think he should choose Ashlee.

It's funny about Seattle and the fish being thrown in Pike Place Market. I lived up in WA state for 9 years and one of the last times I was there w/a friend, she asked one of the fish market people if they'd toss fish. Their response was: only if you pay for it. Once you've paid for it, they'll do whatever you want.

I wonder if ABC paid the merchants or they did it because they knew they'd be on national TV.

It's weird that it looks like there isn't going to be a Women Tell All ep. Or, maybe that's coming later?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #41
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

The women tell all episode is when there are two left. So I would imagine it's the Monday after next.

I agree with dumping Des. Even though I find her the most attractive of the 4, having a jerk of brother, who btw doesn't look like he's all that chivalrous himself, is a deal breaker.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #42
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

I'm still sticking with Catherine as my choice.. even though I was worried she was going to be sent packing until Des' brother went off the deep end.

I don't remember them having a "bachelor tells all" episode for a long time now. Tonight should be interesting.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #43
tiams

I really thought Des was going to be the last one standing. If I loved someone I wouldn't give a damn what their sibling thought.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #44
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I really thought Des was going to be the last one standing. If I loved someone I wouldn't give a damn what their sibling thought.
But that is the point - he didn't love her.

I think he already knows who he wants...and she wasn't it. So why deal with the aggravation?
Old 02-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #45
tiams

Quote:
But that is the point - he didn't love her.

I think he already knows who he wants...and she wasn't it. So why deal with the aggravation?
It sounded like the brother was a factor for him though. It sounded like he was conflicted not because he didn't have feelings for her, but because he didn't want to marry someone with a brother that would remain his "enemy".

They may have told him to make it sound like it was about the brother though and you are right, he didn't want her at all.

I'm just saying I would never give a ***** what the brother of someone I was dating thought. Frankly, I would not care what their parents thought either.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #46
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
It sounded like the brother was a factor for him though. It sounded like he was conflicted not because he didn't have feelings for her, but because he didn't want to marry someone with a brother that would remain his "enemy".

They may have told him to make it sound like it was about the brother though and you are right, he didn't want her at all.

I'm just saying I would never give a ***** what the brother of someone I was dating thought. Frankly, I would not care what their parents thought either.
While I agree with you, in this situation - where he has 4 women that he likes, and seems conflicted as to which one he wants - the "family" factor could definitely tip the scales. Especially with a guy like this who has stressed the importance of family in every single episode. Someone like this, in a situation like this, would certainly take that into account.

If he had been madly in love with her prior to the visit, it probably would not have mattered - but he wasn't, and it did.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #47
tiams

Quote:
While I agree with you, in this situation - where he has 4 women that he likes, and seems conflicted as to which one he wants - the "family" factor could definitely tip the scales. Especially with a guy like this who has stressed the importance of family in every single episode. Someone like this, in a situation like this, would certainly take that into account.

If he had been madly in love with her prior to the visit, it probably would not have mattered - but he wasn't, and it did.
yeah, you are right. I was just thrown because I was so sure she would be the last one standing.

I liked his reaction to her practical joke. Very protective, yet restrained all without being overly possessive.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #48
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Quote:
I liked his reaction to her practical joke. Very protective, yet restrained all without being overly possessive.
I thought the practical joke was going to backfire for her, but it worked out very well. His reaction was perfect.... I like this guy.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:26 AM   #49
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Anyone watch "Sean Tells All"?

It's too bad Sean was so blind or unable to see what was going on w/Tierra and the other girls until now. I wonder if he regrets sending girls home who tried to warn him.

Can you imagine if Tierra somehow made it to the end instead and then Sean sees all the crap on TV?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #50
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwerdna View Post
Anyone watch "Sean Tells All"?

It's too bad Sean was so blind or unable to see what was going on w/Tierra and the other girls until now. I wonder if he regrets sending girls home who tried to warn him.

Can you imagine if Tierra somehow made it to the end instead and then Sean sees all the crap on TV?
I watched it.

I was surprised to see that they showed him so much - he had clearly watched all the episodes up to that point.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #51
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Quote:
I watched it.

I was surprised to see that they showed him so much - he had clearly watched all the episodes up to that point.
I got the feeling that the episode was taped after the season was recorded so it couldn't change any of the upcoming decisions.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #52
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne View Post
I got the feeling that the episode was taped after the season was recorded so it couldn't change any of the upcoming decisions.
Exactly. Judging by the comments from Chris, it seemed like they taped this really recently, likely right after last week's ep aired.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #53
nyny523
Oy

Needy girl is gone. No shocker there. She lasted longer than I expected.

Sean kept saying he wanted someone fun and adventurous. Someone who could be silly and joke around.

Ashlee was so INTENSE. ALL THE TIME. And so needy! Someone like that would bug the crap out of me.

It's gonna be Lindsay. He is very traditional and she is perfect for him. Catherine is too independent.

That's my call...
Old 02-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #54
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Did anyone notice Sean kissing Catherine on the boat? I'm pretty sure he licked her entire face.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #55
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne View Post
My pick for the final 2: Lindsay & Catherine, with Catherine winning.
My prediction from back them is looking pretty good.

Needy girl looked a little demented in the limo and she was so rude when she walked away from him! She scares me.....

Can't wait for the Women Tell All next week.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:29 AM   #56
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

It was weird that Chris didn't come back out after the final rose. Perhaps Ashlee just jumped the gun and didn't want to wait?

One of my HS acquaintances/FB friends was rooting for Ashlee. To me, it just seemed like Sean had a stronger connection w/the other two.

Interesting they changed the music in the rose ceremony. Great editing and music w/Sean sitting out in front of the fountain.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #57
tiams

Quote:
Needy girl is gone. No shocker there. She lasted longer than I expected.

Sean kept saying he wanted someone fun and adventurous. Someone who could be silly and joke around.

Ashlee was so INTENSE. ALL THE TIME. And so needy! Someone like that would bug the crap out of me.

It's gonna be Lindsay. He is very traditional and she is perfect for him. Catherine is too independent.

That's my call...
When he was watching the videos I said almost exactly the same thing you just said "Needy girl is going". I have a feeling that although she claims that she "puts up walls" and "doesn't let people in" the opposite is probably true. I bet she becomes very attached and dependent on any man she dates.

I also agree that he doesn't want an independent woman.

Has anyone else seen the claims that he is a virgin? I saw it as a headline on a magazine cover but did not read the article. Anyone know if that has been confirmed?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #58
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
When he was watching the videos I said almost exactly the same thing you just said "Needy girl is going". I have a feeling that although she claims that she "puts up walls" and "doesn't let people in" the opposite is probably true. I bet she becomes very attached and dependent on any man she dates.

I also agree that he doesn't want an independent woman.

Has anyone else seen the claims that he is a virgin? I saw it as a headline on a magazine cover but did not read the article. Anyone know if that has been confirmed?
Hi is not a virgin - he is celibate. He slept with women in college, but after college he found religion and decided to wait until marriage. He apparently had a serious 3 year relationship with a former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader and did not have sex with her the entire time, so apparently he is serious about not having sex again until marriage...

I do find it funny that the magazine doesn't know the difference between "virgin" and "celibate". The words clearly have very different meanings.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #59
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

The way the dates went it was clear she was going home. He was a bit standoffish and with Lindsay completely the opposite. With Catherine more affectionate 'cause he's attracted to her but that is all.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #60
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Oh no no no, he is a born again virgin. Seriously.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote