TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The Walking Dead - 2/24/13 - "I ain't a Judas"

Need more Daryl air time.

As for the rest of it. Andrea is a wimp. She should have done it. Even though the Gov was awake and waiting. Now he knows she might.

There were some good lines, but I can't remember them. I need to rewatch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
NatasNJ
Bone marrow lover!

Thought another SLOW episode. Meh. Didn't care much for it.

Next week previews look fun. I prefer the episodes that have SOME threat involved during it. Humans or Zombies.
NatasNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
Hank
AC•FTW

I'm not sure we know if the Gov was awake or not. Sure, it's possible and even likely, but there wasn't any indication that he actually was awake.

But I knew she would never do it. She was stupid to get up and realize that with a knife in her hand.. she should have just reasoned it out while still in bed.

He did take her back pretty quickly, so I think that was a trap and he knows what she might be being put up to.

Also, why give her the car to go back? Why didn't one of them just drive her there, drop her off a few hundred yards away (she can walk the rest of the way), and return to the prison with the car? Stupid.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
But I knew she would never do it. She was stupid to get up and realize that with a knife in her hand.. she should have just reasoned it out while still in bed.
Then again, this is television, and that kind of inner conflict is not something that can be shown. They probably did about as good a job of portraying her inner conflict as they could have.

The good news is, it doesn't make her look any more stupid than she already was. It's kind of miraculous that she's already the dumbest character on the show, considering that counts about a million zombies...
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I'm not sure we know if the Gov was awake or not. Sure, it's possible and even likely, but there wasn't any indication that he actually was awake.
I thought there was a second when he opened his one eye.

Also why don't so many viewers get the concept of a mirror? They were jumping on the thought that the Gov was trying to burn the wrong eye when in fact he was looking in a mirror. I mean jeesh, who just puts a match up to your eye without looking!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
Hank
AC•FTW

But I think they could have showed that inner conflict without the risk of revealing the plot to Gov (if he was awake). Maybe she goes into the bathroom to get a knife, contemplates it, and then puts it back, out of ear/eye shot of the Gov. She is pretty stupid, though.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

They had her get out of the bed and get the knife just so they could film her naked.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #8
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Also, is that the the most lines Michonne has had?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Also, is that the the most lines Michonne has had?
Easily.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #10
pmyers

It drives me crazy everytime I see/hear those walkers just hanging out along the fence of the prison....WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE JUST STAB THEM AND GET RID OF THEM ALREADY?!?
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
It drives me crazy everytime I see/hear those walkers just hanging out along the fence of the prison....WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE JUST STAB THEM AND GET RID OF THEM ALREADY?!?
Yeah you think they would just lure them off to the side and can just stab them. Make it Merle's job

MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #12
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
Yeah you think they would just lure them off to the side and can just stab them. Make it Merle's job
My wife and I discussed this.

Best theory: As they kill them along the fence, the bodies begin to pile and create a climbable mound. Someone would therefore either need to go out and clean them off on a regular basis or clean them when they pile up, both of which is dangerous to do.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #13
Mike Lang
Super Moderator

I got the impression they were worried about snipers in the woods.
Mike Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #14
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
They had her get out of the bed and get the knife just so they could film her naked.
I seriously doubt that was her; more likely a body double.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #15
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
Easily.
More lines in one ep than she's had since the season began...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #16
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post

Best theory: As they kill them along the fence, the bodies begin to pile and create a climbable mound. Someone would therefore either need to go out and clean them off on a regular basis or clean them when they pile up, both of which is dangerous to do.
Yeah, that's probably the biggest thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post
I got the impression they were worried about snipers in the woods.
But that is only a recent thing

MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post

There aren't that many of them. I know it's not pivotal to the show, but it just drives me crazy. That area could be cleaned and reclaimed within a couple of hours.

I do agree about being concerned with snipers, though that is a recent concern.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #18
stellie93

I kept thinking he was going to grab her wrist any second as she's standing there. But if she did it then they could get rid of Martinez and a few other nut cases and everyone could live happily ever after in the town together--show over. So I didn't think she would.

Didn't they show the Gov popping pills? Between that and the booze he may have been knocked out pretty good. I'm not sure he cares if he lives or dies any more--look at how he stood in the open when they attacked the prison. He'd probably die happy if he could kill Michonne and Rick.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #19
Zevida
witless and unarmed

I didn't see anything to indicate the Gov knew Andrea was there.

I really want to FF through everything that happens at Woodbury. I don't care about the people there or what happens there. Snoozer.

The stuff at the prison was pretty good though. I liked the reunion with Andrea. She thought she'd be welcome with open arms and I think was taken aback that they were so harsh with her at the start. What did she expect, she's literally sleeping with the enemy.

At the end when Andrea went back to the Gov, I think she really believes she does belong there. She saw how they were living at the prison. She doesn't want to live like that. She's willing to sacrifice her ethics and let the Gov do what he wants for the comfort of that life. She'll posture about it, but when push comes to shove, she won't stop him.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #20
dthmj
Hinky

I obviously missed the end somehow.... I saw Andrea drive off, but never saw her back in the town.

I hope I still have the recording and can go back and see what I missed.

- Gaming Blog

- My brand new personal blog!
dthmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #21
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthmj View Post
I obviously missed the end somehow.... I saw Andrea drive off, but never saw her back in the town.

I hope I still have the recording and can go back and see what I missed.
They had a commercial break near the end where they made it seem like it was the end of the show, but it wasn't, and there was another 4-5 minute segment after that. It's was a little odd.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #22
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
I didn't see anything to indicate the Gov knew Andrea was there.

I really want to FF through everything that happens at Woodbury. I don't care about the people there or what happens there. Snoozer.

The stuff at the prison was pretty good though. I liked the reunion with Andrea. She thought she'd be welcome with open arms and I think was taken aback that they were so harsh with her at the start. What did she expect, she's literally sleeping with the enemy.

At the end when Andrea went back to the Gov, I think she really believes she does belong there. She saw how they were living at the prison. She doesn't want to live like that. She's willing to sacrifice her ethics and let the Gov do what he wants for the comfort of that life. She'll posture about it, but when push comes to shove, she won't stop him.
Yeah...it was pretty obvious that the Gov was lying and Rick wasn't about what happened. Will be interesting how she justifies that to herself.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #23
Shaunnick

I think it is safe to say the writers are going to give Andrea the classic "but maybe I can fix him" syndrome. My wife's friend has this syndrome. Every broken man she is with, somehow she believes that for her he will change. In his whole lifetime of being a screwup, d-bag, what have you, for her he will make a difference. Before he poops on her life and moves on.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #24
pmyers

I do agree with the poster that said that the Gov took her back really quick and was testing her.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #25
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Walking Dead is drifting into Lost "doesn't anyone tell anyone anything?" territory. I was willing to give Michonne a little slack since she doesn't talk AT ALL to ANYONE, plus she doesn't know the prison group at all.

But geez, when Andrea shows up and they don't give her all the dirt they have on the Governor (Merle alone can surely tell stories: taking out the army guys in the first episode we were introduced to Woodbury has to be the least of it), and of course Maggie and Glenn's experience being captured.

If they'd made it clear who he really was maybe she'd have gone through with the plan. Of course we would have hated that because we are waiting to see Rick (or Daryl or Merle) mano-y-mano with the Governor, and there's no way the show would forgo that goldmine for a wimpy "killed in his sleep" result. But still.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #26
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
I liked the reunion with Andrea.
I was disappointed.

Mostly because I thought Andrea did not know about the kidnapping or how those two had been treated at Woodbury and that was why the Gov didn't want her to go to the prison.

I was expecting her to be outraged.
If she knows Glenn got beaten and tortured and whatsherface almost got raped she didn't seem to care very much.

Learning that Michonne was hunted by the Governor after she left didn't seem to phase her much either.

Last edited by Cainebj : 02-25-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: typo
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #27
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Walking Dead is drifting into Lost "doesn't anyone tell anyone anything?" territory.
I think it runs deeper than that...I mean, it ran deeper than that on Lost, but it didn't permeate the show like this.

The problem is they have certain things they want to happen. And they won't let anything get in the way. One way to stop things getting in the way is to withhold information from characters, but in this case (as you say) it's a lot worse. She knows enough about the Guv for any normal human being to run away screaming, and with every new revelation that she just shrugs off she becomes more repulsive. I guess we have to give the writers some credit...they're still withholding SOME information from her, apparently on the theory that it would be too much even for her. But short-sighted writing has become more and more of a problem on this show, to the point where it's really starting to interfere with my ability to enjoy it.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #28
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I was expecting her to be outraged.
If she knows Glenn got beaten and tortured and whatsherface almost got raped she didn't seem to care very much.
This is exactly what I was referring to above. As best we can tell she DOESN'T know any of that: anyway we never saw anyone even suggest it to her. And that's just really bad writing. In what universe would they NOT tell Andrea every terrible thing?

I think it was very realistic of her to want to go. But I think they should have found a way to keep her from getting there, because there's just no realistic way she could be told everything they would clearly tell her, and still want to go back.

I guess they tried to fix it up by having everyone, including Andrea, think that she was going back to kill the Governor in his sleep, and then not have the ability to do it at the last minute.

I was so sure that that's not how the governor would die that I was convinced we were about to see Andrea get killed when she walked over with the knife and that would be the shock for that episode. THAT would have been an epic ending, for sure, and completely redeemed Andrea.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #29
cheesesteak
Meh.

Are they running out of food in the prison? I thought I heard somebody mention that at some point in the episode. I thought they had a ton of food in storage especially since the other prisoners are dead and crazy Rick ran off the newest group.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #30
jeepair

When they rescued the prisoners, there was very little food left in the prison kitchen. So yes, they are low on food.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote