TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
newsposter
Poster of News

shark tank 2 22 13

the one lady with the jeans looked like the rich daughter of the general on royal pains! definitely related somehow ..scary how similar. also making less than 20 bucks profit on a pair seems really crazy. no one of the sharks would want that low

i'm glad even the sharks thought 1400 was crazy for a kids bed. plus people that are rich enough for that wont care what the prices are. knocking 30% off doesnt seem to be that much of a break if you ask me.

i never heard of wood glasses, explains why i'm not on the cover of gq i guess. i think we will see an update in a year how well they are doing though. seems to be a high profit thing.

the duckware seems like it has a market so if those guys play their cards right they will do pretty well.

kinda weird that this is the 1st ep that no one got invested in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
2004raptor

I never seem to catch all of Shark Tank, guess I need to set my DVR one day.

I caught a few minutes of this one. Was the jeans the one with the two ladies? Did they say they were $180 or something a pair.

Those wood glasses looked horrible.

The hunting wear looked good. Can't believe they wouldn't invest in that. I think it's been said before but they seem to only invest in things that are already huge. I guess I would do the same if it were my money but they almost never seem to take a chance.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
I don't think any of them at the background to "get" the hunting gear. I know I dont have it either.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
tiams

So these camo guys claim their camo is superior to all other types of camo because of the way they make it from aerial photographs or whatever, and their first thought is "hey, lets make it easier for people to kill ducks". Why not sell it to the military?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post

I caught a few minutes of this one. Was the jeans the one with the two ladies? Did they say they were $180 or something a pair.

yes i think 180 retail...80 ish to the whole saler and 60 something to make. really poor pricing strategy

i gotta say sometimes more expensive jeans do feel better, spent 100 for BOGO one time and so they were only 50, but even at 100 they sure did feel better than my other cheapo jeans

plus you wear them forever so the cost really isnt that bad.

!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
Supfreak26
Live Like Noone Else

One of the jeans ladies is married to a local radio talk show host. The one that didn't cry. They said it was a miserable experience. They were the last group to go at the end of a 12 hour day and the sharks were tired and cranky. They drilled them for an hour. Asked them questions and then laughed at their answers. Just made them feel like total idiots.

They were happy with what they ended up showing, though. They said that they cut out the worst parts and they've had a very positive reaction from the public. Hopefully that translates to sales.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #7
2004raptor

One other thing about the camo/hunters. Aren't they required to wear orange vests, etc. so other hunters don't shoot them?? I did think their camo looked pretty good but any old camo will be about the same when you have a fluorescent orange vest on top of it.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

That camo was environment-specific. I don't imagine that the military hangs out in reeds or tall grass as much as duck hunters do.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
That camo was environment-specific. I don't imagine that the military hangs out in reeds or tall grass as much as duck hunters do.
and it wouldn't be much trouble to put environment-specific images on the camo specifically for the military.
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #10
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
I know. I didn't mean put soldiers in marsh camo. Make camo specific to the environment the military is in.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #11
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I know. I didn't mean put soldiers in marsh camo. Make camo specific to the environment the military is in.
Ah... I missed the part where they talked about being able to do that during the pitch. Sorry.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
newsposter
Poster of News

the guy hiding behind the wall sure did demonstrate how good that was at hiding someone...i didnt even know he was there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supfreak26 View Post
They were happy with what they ended up showing, though. They said that they cut out the worst parts and they've had a very positive reaction from the public. Hopefully that translates to sales.
do the show's producers benefit in ANY sales after the show or just IF the sharks invest?

!

Old 02-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #13
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
the guy hiding behind the wall sure did demonstrate how good that was at hiding someone...i didnt even know he was there!

do the show's producers benefit in ANY sales after the show or just IF the sharks invest?
The guy behind the wall could have been wearing bright orange. It looked like he was blocked from view.

The producers get 5% equity regardless of what the sharks do.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
The guy behind the wall could have been wearing bright orange. It looked like he was blocked from view.
zooom
Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #15
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post

zooom
Yeah, that must have zoomed by me. Sometimes I need the winky emoticon or I miss it.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #16
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post

The producers get 5% equity regardless of what the sharks do.
then that explains that they would omit the really bad parts of the jean interview since they have an interest in doing well

regarding the duck call, there was a noise before the double doors opened so it had to be someone in the room

!

Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #17
marksman
ID-10-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor

Those wood glasses looked horrible.

The hunting wear looked good. Can't believe they wouldn't invest in that. I think it's been said before but they seem to only invest in things that are already huge. I guess I would do the same if it were my money but they almost never seem to take a chance.
The main issue is not so much as taking a chance but investing in someone who has no chance of doing anything. In most cases they are investing in the people to run these businesses and make them money. If the person has not yet reached any milestones that proves they are working hard/smart or both it is a massive gamble. If someone has already put sweat equity into something and essentially provided proof of concept that is one thing. Ideas are relatively easy to come by, execution and implementation are the hard parts. I don't think the bar most of them use is onerous. They really just want to know the person is committed. 99% of people seeking business investors have an idea and a handout.